Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. (2706 Views)

See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) / How To Make Vegetable Gravy | A Healthy Alternative to stew (pictures and video) / Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by CTGVenturesFCT(f): 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
I watched a video recently that depicted the huge amount of sugar in our soft drinks and since that day, i made up my mind to stop taking any soft drinks especially mineral.

Now the challenge is that the cravings won't stop.

What healthy alternative is recommended?

Is Malte safe for drinking or even worse?

Please help a sister and suggest the best alternatives to mineral.

Thank you for your contribution. [center][/center]

1 Like

Re: Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by blackboy(m): 7:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
Malt, yoghurt
Re: Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by matrix199(m): 8:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
I believe that's why nature anatomised you with pancreas, to help you glycogenise excess sugar in your blood.

Well, the healthiest alternative to soft drink still remains WATER!

2 Likes

Re: Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by Meeloreh(f): 8:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
Zobo

1 Like

Re: Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by COMPENGRFRANK(m): 9:14am On Jan 12, 2020
CTGVenturesFCT:
I watched a video recently that depicted the huge amount of sugar in our soft drinks and since that day, i made up my mind to stop taking any soft drinks especially mineral.

AMSTEL MALT AND YOGHURT

1 Like

Re: Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by Cousin9999: 9:37am On Jan 12, 2020
Water
Milk
Fresh fruit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by CTGVenturesFCT(f): 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
COMPENGRFRANK:
AMSTEL MALT AND YOGHURT

Thank you
Re: Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by CTGVenturesFCT(f): 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
Cousin9999:
Water
Milk
Fresh fruit

Thank you
Re: Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by Cousin9999: 8:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
CTGVenturesFCT:

Thank you

If you really like soda, you can also make a healthy version of it. The problem with soda is the bizarre amount of syrup they put in it, so simply control the sugar.

Get some plain seltzer water (carbonated water with nothing added) and simply add a teaspoon or two of sugar and maybe a splash of fruit juice, or you can slice or crush fruit and put that in.

Don't stop there. You can carbonate your favorite teas, and incorporate more healthy herbal blends into daily drinking. Just buy a cheap soda machine.

However, remember that carbonated beverages can give you a beer belly.
Re: Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by MrBONE2(m): 10:18am On Jan 16, 2020
CTGVenturesFCT:

Fura Da Nunu

Kundurumo and Fura

Pap

Kunu

Palmwine

Imoses

Soy Beans milk

Coconut milk

Zobo Drink

And more grin

1 Like

Re: Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by Olibboy: 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2020
Bro, u still need sugar to survive. just watch your body nature on whatever you eat and drink.
Re: Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by Cousin9999: 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2020
Olibboy:
Bro, u still need sugar to survive. just watch your body nature on whatever you eat and drink.

This is how much sugar they put in soda. This does vary by region, so always check the nutrition.

1 Like

Re: Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by CryptoBo: 11:43am On Jan 30, 2020
Soda is addictive, I think this moment needs to be waited. Drink plenty of ordinary water, and then the craving will disappear.

2 Likes

Re: Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. by CTGVenturesFCT(f): 8:57am On Mar 15, 2020
Thank you for all your suggestions.

(1) (Reply)

Why Does The Rice Under Get Burnt When Cooking Jollof Rice? / Eva Or Ragolis: Which Is The Best Table Water? / Red Bull Energy Drink Has Cocaine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.