Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,779 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah (1062 Views)

My Iwa Akwa (wearing Of Cloth) Experience In Obowo LGA, Imo State. / A Nairalander Witnesses Iwa Akwa (Wearing Of Cloth) Ceremony In Igboland / About Iwa Akwa Festival (Igbo Initiation Into Manhood) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
For those of you not familiar with Igbo culture and tradition, when in doubt go to the bible. 90% of Igbo tradition and culture are in the bible. This can be found in Gensis 21:8, Abraham did the same for Isaac when he came of age. The Jews also have the same ceremony called Bar Mitzvah; the coming of age of a Jewish boy into adulthood and constrained to be held accountable for his actions as a man. Same as Igbos Iwa Akwa!

Jewish Bar Mitzvah
https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/484213/jewish/What-is-the-Origin-of-the-Bar-Mitzvah-Celebration.htm

Thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5625793/nairalander-witnesses-iwa-akwa-wearing
Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Igbos are direct descendant of God and remnants of the surviving Hebrew Israelites.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by FlordFlorez(m): 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
Igbo amaka!
Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by Commentor: 11:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
I still don't know what manner of inferiority makes a blackman hold on to the customs and rites of another race as validity of his own culture.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
Commentor:
[s]I still don't know what manner of inferiority makes a blackman hold on to the customs and rites of another race as validity of his own culture[/s].

Afonja envious things, this is in the bible like he said, not from another culture. If anything, the Jewish copied it from Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by alfasexy: 11:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
Commentor:
I still don't know what manner of inferiority makes a blackman hold on to the customs and rites of another race as validity of his own culture.

Ike gwuru.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by alfasexy: 11:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
Kemz77:

Another afonja. Nah envy go kill una.

Will you shut up there. You can be a jew if you want. I can never deny my Igboness for the sake of ancient palestinian tribes, no matter how advanced. Tufiakwa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by 0monnak0da: 2:00am On Jan 13, 2020
Jewishness is matrilineal
That is their ancient tradition.
You are a Jew THROUGH your mother.

Is that also the case here?

1 Like

Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by 0monnak0da: 2:02am On Jan 13, 2020
Do Jews practise female circumcision?

1 Like

Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by sweetonugbu: 2:08am On Jan 13, 2020
Jews might be defendants of IGBO people
Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by itsme01: 4:32am On Jan 13, 2020
grin

No wonder nobody allows them to rule Nigeria, they are so inferior that they enslave themselves to Arab/Jewish myths written by Moses a Jew some 3000 years ago

To burst your bubbles Mr O.P humanity started in Africa so everyone is a decendant of the Africans, our culture dates back 100s of thousands of years, civilisation began here

1 Like

Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by LuIuosas: 4:48am On Jan 13, 2020
kenwhawha:
[s]For those of you not familiar with Igbo culture and tradition, when in doubt go to the bible. 90% of Igbo tradition and culture are in the bible. This can be found in Gensis 21:8, Abraham did the same for Isaac when he came of age. The Jews also have the same ceremony called Bar Mitzvah; the coming of age of a Jewish boy into adulthood and constrained to be held accountable for his actions as a man. Same as Igbos Iwa Akwa!

Jewish Bar Mitzvah
https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/484213/jewish/What-is-the-Origin-of-the-Bar-Mitzvah-Celebration.htm

Thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5625793/nairalander-witnesses-iwa-akwa-wearing[/s]

I'm Igbo
Igbo don't have anything to do with Jews, unless some Jews came and joined us which I doubt,
Igbo is older that Jews.

I'm one of the people who participated in the Omume Nwamakwa, my grade is the grade of pulling rope,

I no be Jew man
I'm not from Israel
A bu m nwafo Igbo.
Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by 0monnak0da: 4:52am On Jan 13, 2020
What is more interesting is why there is a psychological need for this
Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by helinues: 5:01am On Jan 13, 2020
undecided

Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by Zooposki(f): 7:34am On Jan 13, 2020
0monnak0da:
Jewishness is matrilineal
That is their ancient tradition.
You are a Jew THROUGH your mother.

Is that also the case here?

They don’t even allow their women inherit property. Jew ko, Israel ni.
Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by agadez007(m): 7:38am On Jan 13, 2020
itsme01:
grin

[b]No wonder nobody allows them to rule Nigeria, [/b]they are so inferior that they enslave themselves to Arab/Jewish myths written by Moses a Jew some 3000 years ago

To burst your bubbles Mr O.P humanity started in Africa so everyone is a decendant of the Africans, our culture dates back 100s of thousands of years, civilisation began here

Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by itsme01: 7:42am On Jan 13, 2020
agadez007:

this is lame, The Brown roofs shows early civilisation , humidity leading to rust and many other factors

unlike Some Poverty riden states

Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by agadez007(m): 7:56am On Jan 13, 2020
itsme01:

this is lame, The Brown roofs shows early civilisation , humidity leading to rust and many other factors

unlike Some Poverty riden states
You are so rich yet can't change common corrugated sheet,a whole extended living under one brown roof

Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by itsme01: 7:57am On Jan 13, 2020
agadez007:
You are so rich yet can't change common corrugated sheet,a whole extended living under one brown roof

why fix what isnt damaged? for your Information, places you snapped are where we rent out to Ibos

1 Like

Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by agadez007(m): 8:06am On Jan 13, 2020
itsme01:

why fix what isnt damaged? for your Information, places you snapped are where we rent out to Ibos
For the sake of the kids
please
Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by chimezieeze98: 7:54am On Jan 15, 2020
Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by Zooposki(f): 5:48pm On Jan 15, 2020
kenwhawha:
For those of you not familiar with Igbo culture and tradition, when in doubt go to the bible. 90% of Igbo tradition and culture are in the bible. This can be found in Gensis 21:8, Abraham did the same for Isaac when he came of age. The Jews also have the same ceremony called Bar Mitzvah; the coming of age of a Jewish boy into adulthood and constrained to be held accountable for his actions as a man. Same as Igbos Iwa Akwa!

Jewish Bar Mitzvah

Thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5625793/nairalander-witnesses-iwa-akwa-wearing

Historically and linguistically speaking, Igbo language is older than Hebrew, for as linguists tell us, Igbo was already a distinct language by 4,000 B.C. By contrast, Abraham, the founder of the Hebrew nation was said to have been born around 2,100 B.C. , which implies that the Hebrew nation and language as a distinct nation and language are not older than 2,100 B.C.
Re: Biblical Connection of Igbo Iwa Akwa Ceremony and Jewish Bar Mitsvah by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 15, 2020
itsme01:
grin

No wonder nobody allows them to rule Nigeria, they are so inferior that they enslave themselves to Arab/Jewish myths written by Moses a Jew some 3000 years ago

But you guys call yourselves Omo Oduduwa although Oduduwa was from mecca

(1) (Reply)

S'il Vous Plaît, Me Donner Quelque Conseil. / Nigerian Proverbs! / Jews Of Morocco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.