Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,732 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Japanese Billionaire Is Giving Out $9 Million To His Twitter Followers - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Japanese Billionaire Is Giving Out $9 Million To His Twitter Followers (835 Views)

Japanese Billionaire Seeks Girlfriend For Moon Voyage On Spacex Rocket (photo) / Japanese Billionaire Splashes Cash To Earn Title Of Most Retweeted Post Ever! / Japanese Billionaire Yusaku Maezawa Now Has Most Retweeted Tweet Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japanese Billionaire Is Giving Out $9 Million To His Twitter Followers by PearlTV: 3:36pm On Jan 13, 2020

Japanese billionaire, Yusaku Maezawa has announced that he will be conducting a social experiment by giving out $9 million to 1,000 people on Twitter to see if it improves their happiness.

The online shopping mogul who made the announcement via a YouTube video, described the contest as a “serious social trial” to see what impact a million yen ($9,000) could have on 1000 people’s life.

The billionaire who tied the giveaway to the idea of basic income, or the theory of providing a periodic no-strings-attached payment to all citizens that has gained traction in some political circles and is backed by Democratic U.S. presidential candidate Andrew Yang, urged contestants who are only expected to retweet his January 1 post to use the money “as they like” and to answer regular questionnaires about how they’re using it.

10#?? 1001000??

100?

?1?7?23:59

YouTube?? https:///kBgwwmJoaP pic.twitter.com/1Fr0Vq4i6Z

— Yusaku Maezawa (MZ) ? (@yousuck2020) December 31, 2019

READ MORE HERE

READ MORE TRENDING NEWS HERE
Re: Japanese Billionaire Is Giving Out $9 Million To His Twitter Followers by IamCookie(f): 3:41pm On Jan 13, 2020
He should go ahead. We cannot follow everybody in life

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Billionaire Is Giving Out $9 Million To His Twitter Followers by mahakexchange(m): 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2020
I want in.
Re: Japanese Billionaire Is Giving Out $9 Million To His Twitter Followers by BusolaDakolo: 4:04pm On Jan 13, 2020
Why can't he invest it in profitable ventures?

Me I no dey follow follow

1 Like

Re: Japanese Billionaire Is Giving Out $9 Million To His Twitter Followers by MOnkeyBabe(f): 9:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
IamCookie:
He should go ahead. We cannot follow everybody in life

The money is too small. If it was $100 per person

(1) (Reply)

N33 Billion Alleged Fraud: EFCC Resumes Trial Of Mompha / Davido May Never Marry Chioma- Kemi Olunloyo / ‘anytime I Peel Banana, I Get Erection’ — Nigerian Man Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.