Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

My Wife Wants To Leave Me - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Wants To Leave Me (50527 Views)

My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. / My Wife Wants To Kill Me. What Should I Do? / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Worksunlimited: 7:38am On Jan 15, 2020
Platini7:
Nothing else that i know about. Yes we do have small small quarrels.....but non of our little misunderstandings has ever led to the kind of reaction i'm getting from her on this one.

She claims she's heartbroken cos the comment was made on her CLOSE friend's post.

She is lying. I agree with the guy you quoted.

That's if, of course, you are telling us the whole story as it played out.
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by emonis88: 7:39am On Jan 15, 2020
Tell her family what is going on. She wants to go back to her old love abroad. She knows if she tells you that she wants to relocate abroad and that she goes first u il not agree, that y she is coming up with this excuse.
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Timekeeper: 7:39am On Jan 15, 2020
DarrelCornell:
[s][/s]
more trash

Pls Who are you again

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by thelish(f): 7:40am On Jan 15, 2020
[quote author=Jewessgratitude post=85804713]

You mean, you still kept account of ten years ago? And you're still using the same phone from ten years ago? Still doesn't add up.

Let assume you have changed your phone, the new phone will not automatically bring up those anonymous account unless you sign in to them. So you prolly signed in to it recently and was still using it which made her to see it but you're trying to make us believe all that ended 10yrs ago.
I'm still not convinced.
[/quote

Are u a barrister?
I like ur intelligence girl!!
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Resurgent2016: 7:41am On Jan 15, 2020
thorpido:
You should have eleted those fake accounts when you got married.
Well,you will need to make contacts with your wife and try to convince her it was in your past and it was all for fun.Try to reach her through people who have access to her.
It might take some time before she changes her mind but keep pushing it.

The guy has no fault, he's just being a sissy for reasons best known to him. Perhaps he has only disclosed half the truth.

What right does he wife has to question his past flirting when they ended the relationship? Does he question hers?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Hollysaint: 7:42am On Jan 15, 2020
Platini7:
Please i created this moniker to seek advise on this issue.

I got married to my wife in 2018 and there's already an issue that is threatening our young marriage.

We dated briefly 10 years ago before she travelled to the US for schooling. She stayed there for a while and then got into a relationship over there with a guy i know (I wasn't close friends with the guy). I had to move on with my life and got into a relationship of my own here in Nigeria.
Back then, i use to have this silly habit of creating anonymous facebook accounts where i would add people i know and comment on their posts and pictures without them ever knowing i was the one. I dropped many comments back then and one such incident happened to be a time i commented on her close friend's picture, telling her (the friend) she was pretty and how i wanted her. This was almost 10 years ago and i swear i never meant any of those words. It was just a silly joke and i had completely forgotten all that.
My wife returned Nigeria in 2016 and somehow we reconnected and got married in 2018.

Just last week, she stumbled on those posts i made in 2010-2011 and got really heartbroken and upset. Right now, even after pleading with her, she says she wants to quit the marriage. She packed a few of her stuff and travelled home to Abia state from our base in Lagos. So far, what she told her family in the east is that she just came back to visit them for a little while because she couldn't come back during xmas.
Now she's threatening that i won't see my 1 year old son anytime soon cos she's already making plans of relocating abroad for good.

Please my question is this; Do you think this issue is enough to cause this kind of disharmony in our home?
What do you advice?
Thank you

Follow her to Abia state .call her parents and tell them every thing that happened, take your child from her, file for custody of your son and get and get an order restraining her from taking the child out of the country.She has been looking for a reason to divorce you and return to her abroad boyfriend.Your marriage is over bro as there is no grantee that she won't leave the country secretly one day when you are not around.
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by kodix(m): 7:47am On Jan 15, 2020
Learn from your mistakes of not deleting the account if Wat you said is true. Go back and look for her and try to explain things for her,if she failed go further and meet her parents and explain to them. The issue will be over.
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by NoToPile: 7:51am On Jan 15, 2020
Lool, anonymous account indeed.

Better go and beg your wife.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by simplepee(f): 7:52am On Jan 15, 2020
pocohantas:

- They dated briefly 10yrs ago.
- She go America, date another person.
- I think while she was dating another person, uncle was flirting with random girls online.
-She come back, them reconnect come marry.

What exactly is her issue?

She suppose done old pass this kind childish tantrums na.

Be like she get pali, because na wetin dey make Naija guy humble like this.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by ogawisdom(m): 7:58am On Jan 15, 2020
Platini7:

I got married to my wife in 2018 and there's already an issue that is threatening our young marriage.

We dated briefly 10 years ago before she travelled to the US for schooling. She stayed there for a while and then got into a relationship over there with a guy i know (I wasn't close friends with the guy). I had to move on with my life and got into a relationship of my own here in Nigeria.
Back then, i use to have this silly habit of creating anonymous facebook accounts where i would add people i know and comment on their posts and pictures without them ever knowing i was the one. I dropped many comments back then and one such incident happened to be a time i commented on her close friend's picture, telling her (the friend) she was pretty and how i wanted her. This was almost 10 years ago and i swear i never meant any of those words. It was just a silly joke and i had completely forgotten all that.
My wife returned Nigeria in 2016 and somehow we reconnected and got married in 2018.

Just last week, she stumbled on those posts i made in 2010-2011 and got really heartbroken and upset. Right now, even after pleading with her, she says she wants to quit the marriage. She packed a few of her stuff and travelled home to Abia state from our base in Lagos. So far, what she told her family in the east is that she just came back to visit them for a little while because she couldn't come back during xmas.
Now she's threatening that i won't see my 1 year old son anytime soon cos she's already making plans of relocating abroad for good.

Please my question is this; Do you think this issue is enough to cause this kind of disharmony in our home?
What do you advice?
Thank you

Lol
She has someone she wants to run to and is using this as an excuse. Even dummy should know this is her game. How can she use something in your past to break up with you, that is ridiculous
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by TruthHurts100: 8:00am On Jan 15, 2020
Don't sweat bro. She has been looking for an opportunity to leave you. But for your son.. Die there. She can't go with your son.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 15, 2020
cococandy:
Ahan

Small small truths coming out. Maybe she’s wondering what else he’s doing with that account.

@OP, a 10 year old account is no longer a troll account. It’s a double identity.

You’re not straight forward. Maybe we should hold our judgment of her until you say the whole truth .

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by LadySarah: 8:01am On Jan 15, 2020
cococandy:

I think you’re misunderstanding my post.

I think a little upset is okay.

Leaving the marriage is overkill.

That’s what my post meant

K ma'am.
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by simplepee(f): 8:03am On Jan 15, 2020
MMXX:
If not that you already married her I'd advice you kick her out your house n dust your doormat..yeye dey smell

Maybe she still thinks like a single female teenager with no brain,abi she don't know this is marriage n not dating undecided
Yes o,she doesn't know it's a do or die affair..The thought of getting Married to a Nigerian man is the scariest feeling.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 15, 2020
I just read this and got angry...
Bro please go meet her parents and tell them the real truth about everything that happened and what is happening.
A woman who really loves a man will not act up on trivial issues, except her heart is drifting away and she's looking for anything to lay her hands on so her true intents will not be revealed.. Act fast!.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by MamaSK: 8:08am On Jan 15, 2020
shocked
Are you sure this is the whole story? To me sha o, I don't believe you. This is not the first time she dey catch you. Repent.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Dessyeghez: 8:14am On Jan 15, 2020
She's just forming because she thought she has everything
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Mimicole(f): 8:16am On Jan 15, 2020
nlPoster:
What do you consider it a fake account instead of an alternate one?

And why comment anonymously to people you know?

That's rather creepy and could be considered borderline stalking.

Not to mention why would people intentionally add strangers on their personal fb pages?

And is it a must you have to flirt online? Why is self control considered a female thing among Nigerians? (even that has changed now). Must you drop sexually themed comments on someone's page when you know you have sex issues?

Haba mana what is it with Nigerians and this self righteous judgmental behaviour?
The flirting happened 10 years ago and Oga said he has given up d habit... Why are you still asking these questions? And where in the story did you get 'sex issues'??

OP just travel down to see your wife and apologize again, let her feel your sincerity... After all wise people say its only when you cultivate the ability to apologise for no reason that you are fit and ready for marriage... 'I'm truly sorry' will do the trick and save you lots of unhappiness in the future.

In my line of work I come across lots of divorce cases that could have been prevented at the early stage by just apologies. Its really not such a big deal in the end.
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by midnighter(f): 8:20am On Jan 15, 2020
We4all:

Your wife is obviously not into you and has been looking for the flimsiest reason to leave. I don't want to make assumptions, but she seemed to have the upper hand in the relationship.

At this point, there is really nothing you can do other than to fight for the custody of your son.
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by mii4u(f): 8:23am On Jan 15, 2020
Reichel99:
Your wife is childish. If she wants to leave let her go but make sure you don't let her take your child along with her.
Tot u are a woman, how can a mother leave without her 1yr old. I'm not supporting d woman cos it's obvious she's got her hidden agenda, I'm not really concerned abt the mother but the 1yr old child who will be left at d mercy of another woman.
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Oshokalo: 8:23am On Jan 15, 2020
Abeg the lady tire for nigeria everything,just looking for that opportunity to go back to the abroad
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 15, 2020
[quote author=vikithor post=85807815]
I haven't seen a police officer who wouldnt boast of having better detecting skills,they can label you any incriminating name and you will be struggling to prove innocence, that's been my experience though.
If leveraging on police lie detecting tricks,and this bros report of himself is false,can you come up with a truer version and evidence?
I don't have regards for any with lying gifts or grace.

Never said my dad was a police officer. He was an NPS officer.
When I said "dealt" I didnt mean he tortured prisoners but i meant they handled their case. And he was in charge of taking ATMs (Awaiting trials) to court for hearing. In fact He handle yaraduas case in the 90's. So does it mean he tortured yaradua?.
For your info, my dad was a nice man as he worked with high profile lawyers those days to help withdraw cases and charges against so many awaiting trials who could have been imprisoned. Which was why he was contracted when yaraduas case got to minimum prisons where was stationed at the time. Though he tried but didn't succeed with Yaraduas case cos forces behind the case were beyond him as it was directly from the top with Gen Abacha and co involved. Which was why yaradua was jailed.

You guys just like to grab words on the surface level without trying to understand the underlying meaning cos you scrutinize with sentiment a lot.
So all you painted up there is not about my Darling father of blessed memory.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Froshloaded: 8:32am On Jan 15, 2020
Jewessgratitude:

Hahahaaa.. My dad was a senior NPS officer who dealt with criminals at the maximum prisons those days. So I gat his blood flowing in my veins.
Wow grin grin
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by gbogboija: 8:37am On Jan 15, 2020
According to you, you claimed you were using anonymous name to comment then.
1. How come she got to know you are the one?
2. Are you sure you have stopped such attitude?
3. Are you sure you were not caught trying to flet with another woman?
4. Lastly, are you sure you are saying the truth?
I wonder why people started blaming the woman without reading and digesting what you wrote. Don't forget, how come she got to know you commented on her friends picture if you have been using names that is not yours as you claim?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by gbogboija: 8:41am On Jan 15, 2020
The man himself has so many questions to answer. He claimed he has been using another name different from his, how come then the wife gets to know he is the one?
mii4u:

Tot u are a woman, how can a mother leave without her 1yr old. I'm not supporting d woman cos it's obvious she's got her hidden agenda, I'm not really concerned abt the mother but the 1yr old child who will be left at d mercy of another woman.
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by freshvine(f): 8:43am On Jan 15, 2020
You paid the bride price or wed a woman doesn't mean she's your wife. Most of what people do is negotiated cohabitation. Marriage is a thing of the mind and a commitment of total indulgence.

Bro...if that lady is your wife, she'll laugh off your pseudo Facebook account and even make a joke of her friend not having you finally or teasing you how you don't have the skills to woo her friend. she'll joking say she helped your ministry.

if she is your "house partner " she'll shout, get angry and make mountain out of a mole hole. Taking your kid away from you for that excuse simply means she's in charge.

Now, stand like a man and give her ultimatum but pass it through her parents. Call the parents and tell me you want her to return back in a week or the marriage is over. Be arrogant and wait the family decision. She'll convey her real intentions to the family. From there you can take a stand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by gbogboija: 8:44am On Jan 15, 2020
Don't think we are mumu, you're not saying the truth. Maybe she caught you trying to flet with another woman.
Platini7:

What do you advice?
Thank you

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by carpdiemz: 8:49am On Jan 15, 2020
Platini7:

What do you advice?
Thank you

sorry boss I don't think she would took this issue to that level if you are very financially ok or have your own USA Visa too. just hussle and move on you can't beg her but I bet it with you she might not be able to married again oh cuz dat USA has lot of singles ladies who are looking for a man to marry dem so do single mothers too , I wish both of you best of luck
Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by larryking540: 9:01am On Jan 15, 2020
pocohantas:

- They dated briefly 10yrs ago.
- She go America, date another person.
- I think while she was dating another person, uncle was flirting with random girls online.
-She come back, them reconnect come marry.

What exactly is her issue?

She suppose done old pass this kind childish tantrums na.

Be like she get pali, because na wetin dey make Naija guy humble like this.

My guy married this lady because of the she has been to America b4 ,

I once dated a class mate of my who once travelled out and wanted us to take the relationship to the next level l,bro I sit down think am well

This lady of my na everything day irritate her,
Bro I jejely told her no the moment she got back to the state o,,,
I refuse to reduce my standard because of a lady
,No be paper go make me became a slave to a lady

1 Like

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by larryking540: 9:02am On Jan 15, 2020
carpdiemz:

sorry boss I don't think she would took this issue to that level if you are very financially ok or have your own USA Visa too. just hussle and move on you can't beg her but I bet it with you she might not be able to married again oh cuz dat USA has lot of singles ladies who are looking for a man to marry dem so do single mothers too , I wish both of you best of luck
Exactly
Proverty is a bastard ,na lack of money go make woman wan break up with a man most times

1 Like

Re: My Wife Wants To Leave Me by larryking540: 9:03am On Jan 15, 2020
freshvine:
You paid the bride price or wed a woman doesn't mean she's your wife. Most of what people do is negotiated cohabitation. Marriage is a thing of the mind and a commitment of total indulgence.

Bro...if that lady is your wife, she'll laugh off your pseudo Facebook account and even make a joke of her friend not having you finally or teasing you how you don't have the skills to woo her friend. she'll joking say she helped your ministry.

if she is your "house partner " she'll shout, get angry and make mountain out of a mole hole. Taking your kid away from you for that excuse simply means she's in charge.

Now, stand like a man and give her ultimatum but pass it through her parents. Call the parents and tell me you want her to return back in a week or the marriage is over. Be arrogant and wait the family decision. She'll convey her real intentions to the family. From there you can take a stand.
Exactly ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Court Marries Off Two Women In Jigawa Despite Father’s Objection / Man Who Built A House For His Girlfriend's Family Wants To Demolish It After.... / My Husband Cannot Sexually Satisfy Me, Please Separate Us, Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.