Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. (3091 Views)

Ikwerre, Igbo And The Igboid Language Family. / Curse Placed On Human Traffickers By The Oba Of Benin Has Started Working / The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by President2031: 1:48pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hello nairalanders,

This is a legit news update and you can see the link to the full story below from premiumTimes!

This post is not to cause tribal war on this forum but to educate Nigerians and also discourage those who find interest in heating up tribal conflict on this forum with false claims.

It is widely known on this forum that the Ikwerre People of Rivers state claims they are originally from Benin and not Igbo and this has caused series of arguments on this platform.

As an Ikwerre man, I and other sons and daughters of Ikwerre ethnic nationality are very happy with the visit of the Oba of Benin to Ikwerre land (Port harcourt) yesterday Tuesday 14/01/2020 because he did put an end to this Ikwerre-Igbo argument.

The Oba made it clear in his statement in Rivers state government house that the Ikwerre people are from Benin. Please read!

The Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare said his visit to Port Harcourt was in line with the tradition established by his late father.

“Following the footsteps of my father who came on a thank you tour after his coronation, we recall with nostalgia my father’s public service in Ahoada many years ago. Port Harcourt, and Rivers State is indeed a second home.

The Oba of Benin said his visit was aimed at strengthening friendly and close relationships between the people.

“I am here to strengthen the friendly relationship and close affinity of our people. History has it that some of the tribes here trace their ancestry to Benin. These include the Ikwerres, the people of Ahoada and Omoku,’’ he said.

God bless you!

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/372644-wike-to-benin-monarch-resolve-oshimohole-obaseki-feud.html

Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by Ustec: 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2020
Mtcheww,
Afonja man trying so hard not to be called one.

3 Likes

Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by nengibo: 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2020
Ikwerre people are just Ngwa-Igbo people mixed with Kalabari, no relationship at all with Benin in Language, dressing or culture even by marriage their men mostly marry Igbos

7 Likes

Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2020
President2031:
Hello nairalanders,

This is a legit news update and you can see the link to the full story below from premiumTimes!

This post is not to cause tribal war on this forum but to educate Nigerians and also discourage those who find interest in heating up tribal conflict on this forum with false claims.

It is widely known on this forum that the Ikwerre People of Rivers state claims they are originally from Benin and not Igbo and this has caused series of arguments on this platform.

As an Ikwerre man, I and other sons and daughters of Ikwerre ethnic nationality are very happy with the visit of the Oba of Benin to Ikwerre land (Port harcourt) yesterday Tuesday 14/01/2020 because he did put an end to this Ikwerre-Igbo argument.

The Oba made it clear in his statement in Rivers state government house that the Ikwerre people are from Benin. Please read!

The Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare said his visit to Port Harcourt was in line with the tradition established by his late father.

“Following the footsteps of my father who came on a thank you tour after his coronation, we recall with nostalgia my father’s public service in Ahoada many years ago. Port Harcourt, and Rivers State is indeed a second home.

The Oba of Benin said his visit was aimed at strengthening friendly and close relationships between the people.

“I am here to strengthen the friendly relationship and close affinity of our people. History has it that some of the tribes here trace their ancestry to Benin. These include the Ikwerres, the people of Ahoada and Omoku,’’ he said.

God bless you!

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/372644-wike-to-benin-monarch-resolve-oshimohole-obaseki-feud.html

Account created on January 2019 but I don't really know why you afraid to use your real monikere.

Anyway nobody is arguing or disputing that. Ikwerre alongside Ogba, ndoni, etche and host of others aree all Benin Idigenes.

Nothing to argue

1 Like

Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by ChinenyeN(m): 10:37pm On Jan 15, 2020
Aghalaghala n'olu aghalaghala.

1 Like

Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by Mineisgrace(f): 12:07am On Jan 16, 2020
nengibo:
Ikwerre people are just Ngwa-Igbo people mixed with Kalabari, no relationship at all with Benin in Language, dressing or culture even by marriage their men mostly marry Igbos
mostly. I am happy you used mostly but you do know that Igbo percentage marrying Benin people already created a bond?
Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by President2031: 12:18am On Jan 16, 2020
nengibo:

Mr. Man watch the video and learn. Oba of Benin is not your mate in every aspect of life not to talk about history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rb6oLOEYOI
Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by nengibo: 5:13am On Jan 16, 2020
President2031:

Mr. Man watch the video and learn. Oba of Benin is not your mate in every aspect of life not to talk about history.

Stop displaying ignorance, Does he have evidence apart from apart from them say she say.

2 Likes

Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by nengibo: 5:15am On Jan 16, 2020
Mineisgrace:
mostly. I am happy you used mostly but you do know that Igbo percentage marrying Benin people already created a bond?
That's my point , marriage creates bonds, and even by marriage Ikwerre ppl are closer to Igbos because most of their mothers are Igbos
Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by President2031: 5:28am On Jan 16, 2020
nengibo:

Stop displaying ignorance, Does he have evidence apart from apart from them say she say.

See church rat like you dey find evidence.

You igbos that have evidence why have you not gone to Ikwerre land to meet with the traditional rulers to enhance the fraudulent ikwerre-Igbo relationship?

Of course we Ikwerre People will chase you pigs away.
Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by AmuDimpka: 7:37am On Jan 16, 2020
President2031:
Hello nairalanders,

God bless you!

This oba is a clown... History has it some tribes Trace to Benin not that some of these tribes came from Benin
Is Akalaka a Benin name ? Whicj igbe is he from

Minorities with minority thinking

1 Like

Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by dogheart: 8:23am On Jan 16, 2020
AmuDimpka:

This oba is a clown... History has it some tribes Trace to Benin not that some of these tribes came from Benin
Is Akalaka a Benin name ? Whicj igbe is he from

Minorities with minority thinking

Traditional ruler visiting PH does not mean PH belongs to the traditional ruler please.. I am sure the Oba did not meet the Ikwere in any Port Harcourt Ikwere palace. Port Harcourt is not Ikwere and Ikwere is not Port Harcourt . Original Ph was an Okrika enclave while a second settlement Diobu was Ikwere . Both Ph and Diobu merged to form a greater Ph which developed to include several other Okrika and Ikwere settlements .. Ikwere traditional rulers have been visint Igbo clans and Igbo traditional rulers have also been visiting Ikwere clans. Oba of Bini visiting Ikwere people is just a friendly visit just as the Oba said ..

2 Likes

Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by dogheart: 8:33am On Jan 16, 2020
[quote author=President2031 post=85833254]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rb6oLOEYOI[/quote

WIKE is a very funny man.. Oba Topkpe eh.... Bini people need to keep their fetish Oba to their Bini.. They are only struggling to make their Oba lord of Niger delta .. We have chosen the AGADAGBA of GBARAMATU.. Last bus stop
Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by President2031: 8:34am On Jan 16, 2020
dogheart:

Traditional ruler visiting PH does not mean PH belongs to the traditional ruler please.. I am sure the Oba did not meet the Ikwere in any Port Harcourt Ikwere palace. Port Harcourt is not Ikwere and Ikwere is not Port Harcourt . Original Ph was an Okrika enclave while a second settlement Diobu was Ikwere . Both Ph and Diobu merged to form a greater Ph which developed to include several other Okrika and Ikwere settlements .. Ikwere traditional rulers have been visint Igbo clans and Igbo traditional rulers have also been visiting Ikwere clans. Oba of Bini visiting Ikwere people is just a friendly visit just as the Oba said ..

You’re just confused. You’re not sure if he visited Ikwerre people. Lol

What brought him to Ikwerre land?

He made it clear that one of the reason for his visit to Port harcourt (Ikwerre land) was to strengthen the close relationship and affinity of the Ikwerre and Benin people.

He said, history has it that the Ikwerre people, Ekpeye (Ahoada) and Ogba (Omoku) People trace their ancestry to Benin.

Watch the video below and listen to the Oba himself.

I don’t know how some of you think like you don’t have brain.

Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by President2031: 8:37am On Jan 16, 2020
dogheart:

The truth is, the Oba of Benin is more greater and larger than every other ethnic group in the Niger delta.
Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by dogheart: 8:46am On Jan 16, 2020
President2031:

There is nothing to learn here . No First class king went to receive the Oba. Just few Ikwere chiefs did . The Oba visit has also got nothing to do with Ikwere being Bini or Igbo... Enough said. Ikwere are a mixture of Igbo and Ijaw ( Kalabari mainly )... Only God knows why some few Ikwere think they are from Bini when they have no Bini in them, They dont look Bini, they dont have no Bini kings. There is no clear history that make them Bini apart from the claim that make no sense .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by nengibo: 9:16am On Jan 16, 2020
dogheart:

There is nothing to learn here . No First class king went to receive the Oba. Just few Ikwere chiefs did . The Oba visit has also got nothing to do with Ikwere being Bini or Igbo... Enough said. Ikwere are a mixture of Igbo and Ijaw ( Kalabari mainly )... Only God knows why some few Ikwere think they are from Bini when they have no Bini in them, They dont look Bini, they dont have no Bini kings. There is no clear history that make them Bini apart from the claim that make no sense .
Its just pulled out of air by Bini revisionists, no land markers, no culture similarities, no language or even word shared just oral history by the Binis, the only way Ikwerre can be Bini is if Bini was Igboid at some point

1 Like

Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by President2031: 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2020
dogheart:

Congratulation, the only person who know the history of Ikwerre more than the Ikwerre people and Oba of Benin himself.

I hail you mumu
Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by davidnazee: 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2020
dogheart:

Does ikwerre have first class kings? I thought they have only high chiefs..
Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by chimezieeze98: 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2020
Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by macof(m): 1:18am On Jan 17, 2020
It is not a new thing to have all sorts of bogus claims
But when you examine it the claim of Ikwerre originating from Bini comes with no evidence

And what is it with Bini claiming everybody originated from Bini and using this to push some sort of superiority agenda

1 Like

Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by YungMillionaire: 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
I have respect for the throne of the Oba of Bini. However people need to be careful with this Ikwerre issue. It is quite sensitive. I am not saying Ikwerre has no connection to Bini BUT the claim that they have no connection to Igbos also is quite suspect. The most likely conclusion is that Ikwerres originate from BOTH Igbos and Bini.
Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 22, 2020
dogheart:

Tonye Barcanista afonja, the number of .multiple accounts u have on nairaland is quite scary...And u lie like the devil in all the accounts.
Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Benin Has Ended The Ikwerre-igbo Argument. by Theideadoctor(m): 11:53am On Dec 24, 2020
Ustec:
Mtcheww,
Afonja man trying so hard not to be called one.
because father can not claim the position of a son, Benin na our last born. ..deal with that . .hater

(1) (Reply)

Rassemblement Des Francophones / Why Do Nigerians Say Things Twice? / The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.