Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,045 members, 7,859,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:55 PM

7 Proven Tips On How To Increase Your Value. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Proven Tips On How To Increase Your Value. (272 Views)

7 Proven Tips To Mastering No#1 Digital Marketing Course Institution / 7 Proven Tips To Crack APSC Exam / 7 Proven Tricks To Improve Your Brain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Proven Tips On How To Increase Your Value. by iamstanc(m): 12:13pm On Jan 16, 2020
7 PROVEN TIPS ON HOW TO INCREASE YOUR VALUE.

An article by a  student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka ( Unizik) 

Are you valuable? How much are you worth?

If you don't realize your worth, no one would do so, because the true definition of you is how you see yourself, and not how everyone sees you.

Again, it's a new year and you definitely don't want to start with a devalued life.

In this post I will be giving you 7 proven tips on how to increase your value.

You may already know some of the tips, but I’m going to approach them from an entirely unique angle so you can learn how to be proficient with them.

Do well to read till the end if you want to benefit fully from this piece.

According to civic education, value is an ideal accepted by a group of individuals. According to mathematics, value is the amount ( of money or goods or services ) that is considered to be a fair equivalent to something else.

But, according to life: value is

1.Self-evaluation
2.Self-love
3.Self-confidence
4.Self-care
5.Self-talk
6.Self-respect
7.Self-upgrade

Without wasting much of your time, lets kickstart on a priceless journey of value.

Now, let's look at what life says about value:

1. Self-evaluation

Have you ever had the opportunity to strictly interrogate a person? You will never be able to ascertain the authenticity of their replies. This is because you can only read their facial expressions, but you can never get into their minds.

This is why self-evaluation is the most interesting and practical aspect of increasing your value. Right now ask yourself some important questions about yourself. You will be able to ascertain the fact that all your replies were true. This is because, you can never lie to yourself.

The more you evaluate your life, and your daily activities, the more you open doors for improvements and a better life.

2. Self-love

Loving yourself is the cornerstone for finding innermost happiness, peace, satisfaction, and the ability to love others.

According to the bible, Mark 12 vs 31 says: "and the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as 'thyself.' There is none other commandment greater than these."

The scripture says in essence, "no matter how you love and care for others, if you don't love yourself, then you're on the false-lane." The prerequisite for loving someone else is self-love.

This is the main reason why a lot of people show love and care to others, but never find innermost satisfaction within.

3. Self-confidence

According to Lao Tzu, an ancient Chinese philosopher and writer, He said: "because one believes in oneself, one doesn't try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn't need others approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her".

What was he saying in essence? Be Self Confident.

A Self-confident person is one that does what he believes to be right, even if others mock or criticize him for it. A person that is willing to take risks and will go extra mile to achieve better things. Also, a person that admits his or her mistakes, and learn from them.

According to the above blueprints, are you self-confident?

4. Self-care

It's so unfortunate that we tend to neglect the instrument that makes life livable, and forgetting that the moment this instrument stops working, you stop living.

Some say, I am too busy to care for myself, I don't have time for myself, and so on.

Think of your body as a machine. The more you use a machine, the more you have to maintain it. But, the moment you fail to properly maintain it, it instantly starts developing faults. Until it reaches its breaking point. And then, boom!, it's down.

Mirror this situation. I'm pretty sure you know what this means to the human body.

Introspect carefully, and then, straighten your ways so you don't go....boom! like our poor machine.

5. Self-talk

Many would say, "I need motivation, I need inspiration, my mentor this ,my mentor that". Its time you man-up, and start telling yourself what you need to hear about yourself; without anyone motivating you.

The moment you start depending on individuals for inspirations and motivations, you start acting like an employee who acts on commands and orders.

Mind you, motivational speakers and mentors are wonderful people. But, they shouldn't be your driving force, rather your motivation should emanate from within.

Tell yourself how wonderful you are. Tell yourself how marvelous you are. Say "I can do it" like never before.

6. Self-respect

A thousand pieces on "how to earn to respect" will always tell you this: " respect yourself if you want others to respect you."

In life, we set standards on ourselves for others to follow. You can't act stupidly and expect otherwise, or act childishly and expect to be treated maturely.

Self-respects starts from the way you talk to others, down to the your conduct towards others.

What are the standards you set?

7. Self-upgrade

Imagine yourself as an architect still drawing and deploying plans on paper, or as a web developer still using only HTML and CSS for website designs, or computer programmer still using only BASIC and FOTRAN for coding. It's crazy.

You have to follow the moving train of new developments, innovations and technologies in diverse niches and life as a whole so as you make yourself relevant.

Come to think of this. Why do employees in same department of companies receive varying salaries. This is because their impact on the company differs.

Never be "a second" behind the moving train.

In conclusion, the above can only make sense if you act fast. It's either you take it like every other article you see now and then, or you allow it make an impact in your life. The ball is in your court.

Please let me know what you to have say, guys.

Have a wonderful weekend ahead.

Written by

Godspower Eze

Godspower Eze (300l student of Computer Science Department, Physical science faculty, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka) 

Source :

https://www.unizikstudents.com/2020/01/16/7-proven-tips-on-how-to-increase-your-value/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Proven Tips On How To Increase Your Value. by Hahjascho(m): 9:44am On Jan 17, 2020
Commendable!

(1) (Reply)

Angry Ogun State Poly Students Reacted Aggressively To The Rector Earlier Report / Brands Reward Students With N10m Scholarship, Cash Prizes, Others In Campaign / Is Abe Income For Students Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.