Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Nysc Chronicles – My Twisted Journey (part 1) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Chronicles – My Twisted Journey (part 1) (593 Views)

Nysc Camp Chronicles: My Cultural Carnival Experience In Taraba State / My Journey To Yikpata Camp, Kwara State (2020 Batch B)part 1 / Diary Of An Edo Corper(part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Chronicles – My Twisted Journey (part 1) by Pricelessfina(f): 4:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
It was a sunny day in October; the harmattan breeze blew gently, causing dry leaves to sway following the direction of the wind and slowly descend in a whirling motion onto the golden brown grass, which shone in the sun.

The stadium was filled with vibrant young people all dressed in white NYSC crested vest and army green khaki trousers, seated under the shade while Mrs Amina Musa, a dark plump woman in her forties addressed them.

Hand fans moved from side to side while some others reached into their pockets for their lip balms, gently smearing it at intervals to prevent the harmattan dryness from cracking their lips.

https://everyevery.ng/nysc-chronicles-my-twisted-journey-part-1
Re: Nysc Chronicles – My Twisted Journey (part 1) by Pricelessfina(f): 1:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
NYSC CHRONICLES – MY TWISTED JOURNEY (Part 2)

Uju had just returned to Port-Harcourt from the United States after graduating from Georgia State University and getting a degree in Media Studies.

Tall, plump, and dark as ebony, with big bright eyes and a set of shiny white teeth; She was aesthetically pleasing to behold.

She spoke with an American accent and was surprised at how much change had occurred in her neighbourhood while she was away.

Uju could barely recognise her little brother Chidubem who was only 10 years old when she left for school, but now spoke with a baritone voice, had broad shoulders and stood at 5ft 9ʺ, slightly taller than she was.

During the first week of her stay in Port-Harcourt, Uju complained often about the power cuts, the humidity and the mosquitoes; but as time went by, she adapted.

In no time, she became very familiar with the roaring sound of generators blaring in every street corner at night; she dropped her American accent and even spoke fluent Nigerian Pidgin English.

https://everyevery.ng/nysc-chronicles-my-twisted-journey-part-2/

1 Like

Re: Nysc Chronicles – My Twisted Journey (part 1) by Pricelessfina(f): 2:58pm On Jan 21, 2020
NYSC CHRONICLES – MY TWISTED JOURNEY (Part 3)

Tunde, raised by a single mother was the last of eight children; a tall handsome fellow, light in complexion with hazel colored eyes.

He graduated from Bayero University Kano, with a degree in Business Administration. He spoke the three major Nigerian languages and loved the game of football to a fault.

“My guy na which state them post you for NYSC?” his friend Jibrin asked; “Omoh na Niger State oh, I no know how these people carry put me for that kind far place”, Tunde answered.

Jibrin laughed in a sheepish manner, he replied: “At least you sabi speak Hausa now; things no suppose hard for you there, he giggled; no vex you hear”.

https://everyevery.ng/nysc-chronicles-my-twisted-journey-part-3/

Pricelessfina:
NYSC CHRONICLES – MY TWISTED JOURNEY (Part 2)

Uju had just returned to Port-Harcourt from the United States after graduating from Georgia State University and getting a degree in Media Studies.

Tall, plump, and dark as ebony, with big bright eyes and a set of shiny white teeth; She was aesthetically pleasing to behold.

She spoke with an American accent and was surprised at how much change had occurred in her neighbourhood while she was away.

Uju could barely recognise her little brother Chidubem who was only 10 years old when she left for school, but now spoke with a baritone voice, had broad shoulders and stood at 5ft 9ʺ, slightly taller than she was.

During the first week of her stay in Port-Harcourt, Uju complained often about the power cuts, the humidity and the mosquitoes; but as time went by, she adapted.

In no time, she became very familiar with the roaring sound of generators blaring in every street corner at night; she dropped her American accent and even spoke fluent Nigerian Pidgin English.

https://everyevery.ng/nysc-chronicles-my-twisted-journey-part-2/

(1) (Reply)

. / Nysc Registration Requirements For Foreigned Trained Graduate / 2014 Batch B Corpers Posted To Delta State... Lets Meet Here.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.