Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,593 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray (965 Views)

Why Sex Videos Would Lead Many Souls To Hell / Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? / Bishop Obinim Destroys Images Of Jesus Christ In His Church, Replaces With His (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by OpenYourEyes1: 6:50am On Jan 18, 2020
GOD could appear to you in the form of an unattractive person to test you, while anti-christ/devil could come in form of an attractive person.

Learn to focus on how righteous and holy a person is, and not how beautiful or attractive his is.

Try as much as you can to stop representing GOD with images of mere man.

2 Likes

Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by Kampack: 7:53am On Jan 18, 2020
They won't listen or learn
The scriptures never described him as cute and handsome as that paraded image.

Isaiah 53:2

"he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him."

2 Likes

Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by nlPoster: 9:13am On Jan 18, 2020
Arm candy can be subjective, dont get all worked up and over reacting.

Matthew 17

There in front of them his appearance was changed. His face shone like the sun.

The verse is not referring to Nigerians, @ this person:

https://www.nairaland.com/5637878/skin-changes-cold-weather

Jesus, it is frustrating relating with some of you.

1 Like

Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by sonmvayina(m): 9:33am On Jan 18, 2020
Kampack:
They won't listen or learn
The scriptures never described him as cute and handsome as that paraded image.

Isaiah 53:2

"he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him."

First and foremost, Isaiah 53 is about Israel.. Israel is the suffering servant.. That dies multiple times... That aside, God specifically warned us not to create or make the image or likeness of anything in heaven, on earth or under the waters below the earth.. So creating a god in the image and likeness of a man, which is something found in earth is nothing short of Idol worship.. It is not different from somebody who worship an animal or a tree or a river.. There are all things found on earth... So Christianity is just rebranded Paganism.. The fact that they added their scriptures at the end of the Jewish scriptures is just to deceive gullible people and lead them astray..
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by OpenYourEyes1: 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
GOD could appear to you in the form of an unattractive person to test you, while anti-christ/devil could come in form of an attractive person.

Learn to focus on how righteous and holy a person is, and not how beautiful or attractive his is.

Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by budaatum: 3:24pm On Jan 18, 2020
Reminds me of a certain jesusjnr who perished due to lack of knowledge.

God kept sending angels to warn him but he refused to listen and he has now become jesusjnr nobody rip!

https://www.nairaland.com/5368368/jesus-saw-same-drawn-eight

https://www.nairaland.com/5291314/jesus-appeared-me-first-time#80097542
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by AntiChristian: 7:18am On Jan 19, 2020
Where is the picture of that actor who some Christians believed saved them?

The picture was even engraved and used as pendant by some. Some place it in their car or rooms for safety!

And some engrave it in their church to kneel down/genuflect/bow to it.

And these people would strongly call me an idolator!

1 Like

Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by OnPointMan(m): 7:53am On Jan 19, 2020
budaatum:

God kept sending angels to warn him but he refused to listen and he has now become jesusjnr nobody rip!

What happened to him? His account is deactivated
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by budaatum: 9:45am On Jan 19, 2020
OnPointMan:

He committed suicide.

https://www.nairaland.com/5558353/countdown-thread#84515956
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by OnPointMan(m): 10:47am On Jan 19, 2020
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by budaatum: 11:38am On Jan 19, 2020
OnPointMan:

Haha ha
More sad than ha. He was repeatedly warned but..., and now he is a Nobody and I miss him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by OnPointMan(m): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2020
budaatum:

More sad than ha. He was repeatedly warned but..., and now he is a Nobody and I miss him.

It's crazy how religion make some people feel/reason at times. Delusions everywhere. I have been there too.

To me right now, I think God is beyond all religions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by OpenYourEyes1: 8:08am On Jan 20, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by jesusjnreloaded(m): 2:25am On Aug 10, 2020
budaatum:

Yeah right!

The dead calling those who live, dead? Not surprising.
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by jesusjnreloaded(m): 2:30am On Aug 10, 2020
OnPointMan:

Hi bro.
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by OnPointMan(m): 9:15am On Aug 10, 2020
jesusjnreloaded:
Hi bro.
Hello. You back? How have you been?
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by jesusjnreloaded(m): 9:19am On Aug 10, 2020
OnPointMan:

Hello. You back? How have you been?
Ya man. I'm back for good. Thanks i've been great. How about you?
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by OnPointMan(m): 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2020
jesusjnreloaded:
Ya man. I'm back for good. Thanks i've been great. How about you?

Am cool. Welcome back sir
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by Azeeco248: 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2022
I want to sell hot6 2g ram contact me on what's app 09034607900
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by OkCornel(m): 4:49pm On Sep 02, 2022
sonmvayina:

First and foremost, Isaiah 53 is about Israel.. Israel is the suffering servant.. That dies multiple times... That aside, God specifically warned us not to create or make the image or likeness of anything in heaven, on earth or under the waters below the earth.. So creating a god in the image and likeness of a man, which is something found in earth is nothing short of Idol worship.. It is not different from somebody who worship an animal or a tree or a river.. There are all things found on earth... So Christianity is just rebranded Paganism.. The fact that they added their scriptures at the end of the Jewish scriptures is just to deceive gullible people and lead them astray..

Haba!

How can Isaiah 53 be about Israel?

Read verse 2 and 3 slowly;

2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract “us” to him, nothing in his appearance that “we” should desire him.

3 He was despised and rejected by mankind a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and “we” held him in low esteem.

See where a singular pronoun “HE” was used. See where collective pronouns such as “WE” and “US” was used.

How can the suffering servant in Isaiah 53 be about Israel when collective pronouns such as we and us are used by an Israelite author - Isaiah? Hmmm?
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by sonmvayina(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Haba!

How can Isaiah 53 be about Israel?

Read verse 2 and 3 slowly;

2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract “us” to him, nothing in his appearance that “we” should desire him.

3 He was despised and rejected by mankind a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and “we” held him in low esteem.

See where a singular pronoun “HE” was used. See where collective pronouns such as “WE” and “US” was used.

How can the suffering servant in Isaiah 53 be about Israel when collective pronouns such as we and us are used by an Israelite author - Isaiah? Hmmm?

Lol. Why don't you read it to the end to get a better perspective. The real gist started from the last verse of 52.
It was written when the Jews where in captivity in Babylon. Isaiah was encouraging the few people who where keeping and obeying God's commandments but where also suffering from the punishment God gave to the Jews.

The few who kept the commandments are regarded as the servant of God. 8 times prior to 53 Isaiah told you who the servant is. Like in 42: 1-9. Check it out for yourself.
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by OkCornel(m): 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
sonmvayina:

Lol. Why don't you read it to the end to get a better perspective. The real gist started from the last verse of 52.
It was written when the Jews where in captivity in Babylon. Isaiah was encouraging the few people who where keeping and obeying God's commandments but where also suffering from the punishment God gave to the Jews.

The few who kept the commandments are regarded as the servant of God. 8 times prior to 53 Isaiah told you who the servant is. Like in 42: 1-9. Check it out for yourself.

Prophet Isaiah is an Israelite author of Isaiah 53 right? If yes, look at the pronouns used in Isaiah 52 v 2-3 I brought out as an example.

Who does the singular pronoun “HE” refer to?
Who does the collective pronoun “US” and “WE” refer to?

Remember, the author of that passage is an Israelite. So please, how can the suffering servant be Israel in this context? Hmmm?
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by sonmvayina(m): 11:41am On Sep 03, 2022
OkCornel:

Prophet Isaiah is an Israelite author of Isaiah 53 right? If yes, look at the pronouns used in Isaiah 52 v 2-3 I brought out as an example.

Who does the singular pronoun “HE” refer to?
Who does the collective pronoun “US” and “WE” refer to?

Remember, the author of that passage is an Israelite. So please, how can the suffering servant be Israel in this context? Hmmm?

Start from the last chapter of 52 you will understand who is talking..
Clue: they where the kings of the earth. No Isaiah.
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by OkCornel(m): 11:47am On Sep 03, 2022
sonmvayina:

Start from the last chapter of 52 you will understand who is talking..
Clue: they where the kings of the earth. No Isaiah.

So according to you, the Israelite author - Isaiah uses the collective pronoun “WE” and “US” in Isaiah 52 v 2-3, and those collective pronouns does not refer to Israel BUT;

The singular pronoun “HE” which is further clarified to be “A MAN” (the suffering servant) is Israel?

Are you examining your thought process at all? Does this make any sense to you?
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by sonmvayina(m): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2022
OkCornel:

So according to you, the Israelite author - Isaiah uses the collective pronoun “WE” and “US” in Isaiah 52 v 2-3, and those collective pronouns does not refer to Israel BUT;

The singular pronoun “HE” which is further clarified to be “A MAN” (the suffering servant) is Israel?

Are you examining your thought process at all? Does this make any sense to you?

It is not Isaiah that is talking.

He was writing what the king of the earth would say when they discover that the Jews where innocent and right all along..
Re: Why Worldly Images Of "Jesus" Could Lead Many Astray by xproducer: 10:29am On Sep 04, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

++++++++

Indeed...

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth." - Exodus 20:4 (Deuteronomy 5:8 )

"And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape." - John 5:37

(1) (Reply)

Is God Perfect? / The Greatest Act Of Stealing By The Greatest Criminal / Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.