Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation (16825 Views)

10 Best Medical Schools In Nigeria / Three Igbinedion University Students Die In Car Cras (Warning: Graphic Photos) / The Value Of Romanian Medical Schools-Quality EU Degree,Cheap Tuition fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by LocalChamp: 11:49am On Dec 07, 2010
UNIBEN, Igbinedion medical schools lose accreditation

Tuesday, 7 Dec 2010

The Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria has withdrawn the accreditation of the medical and dental schools in the University of Benin and Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State.

This was announced by the Chairman of MDCN, Dr. Roger Makanjuola, at the inauguration of the council’s new secretariat building in Abuja on Monday. Makanjuola said the accreditation was withdrawn because both universities had inadequate medical facilities and had more students than they could properly train.

He said, “In recent years, it had been observed that a number of training institutions have failed to maintain the prescribed standards and many have also admitted numbers of students far in excess of what they can meaningfully train.

“Recently, the accreditation of two training institutions was withdrawn. More are to follow. Let me take this opportunity to state that those institutions whose accreditation was withdrawn must stop admitting students. The council will also not register purported graduates from these institutions.”

He also said the council was concerned by unsubstantiated claims by many persons that they could cure different kinds of ailments. Makanjuola described such claims as ineffective and dangerous and could harm those patronising the claimants.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201012072591257

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by sammiy: 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2010
dis is
terible
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by otokx(m): 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2010
The way Nigerian universities are loosing accreditation in professional courses speaks a lot of the way education is being managed in our country. Academic standards are being bastardized by the very people who are meant to guard em.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by scopusng(m): 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2010
Pity, Great UNIBEN, I left 10 years back as a medical stud. Why now?
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by moonraker(m): 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2010
old news, its gets worse,

the medical students of igbenedion were punished

for protesting against Igbe himself,,,,
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by faithin9ja: 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2010
Good, I wonder how much lecturers in Medical schools at Uniben will be charging students for pass marks now? or can they now coerce female students to sleep with them for marks? pity all those ex-students who have to pay heavy bribes for transcripts, how useful will those transcripts be now (even though the accreditation will not be back dated, perceptions are important)

the wickedness and high handedness of the lecturers and administration is coming home to roost
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by peacettw: 1:24pm On Dec 07, 2010
Na wa. A whole UNIBEN! Terrible
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by slap1(m): 1:26pm On Dec 07, 2010
Why? Did they not give them enough bribe or what? So schools like IMSU are ok? I laf in borokiri!
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by abdul4nig(m): 1:39pm On Dec 07, 2010
What a shame embarassed
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by lonewolf: 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2010
This is not surprising in any way.

Attending university in Nigeria is not a serious way to gain post-secondary education.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Mobinga: 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2010
So what happens to the medical students currently there?
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by liaslo1(m): 1:54pm On Dec 07, 2010
A whole uniben, na wa for nigeria Institutions ohhh
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Ikechukwu09(m): 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2010
God, i was disheartened when i read this cos i have just gained admission to uniben and it really breaks my heart
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by kobikwelu(m): 1:58pm On Dec 07, 2010
haaaaaa!!!!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

a whole UNIBEN
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by LeStylo: 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2010
Igbiniendon, I am not surprised. Infact i wonder why it took this long to discover the abracadabra called Medical school in that institution. As for Uniben, i am still in shock. What's happened to the hay-day glories?
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by amurx(m): 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2010
is their any answer for the question above?
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by babsaga: 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2010
I believe all these have to do with our lack of maintenance culture in Nigeria. I want to believe these institutions were duly giving license in the first place but because of their inability to maintain the standard by constantly projecting into the future and setting their priorities right, they missed it all again. Any way, this has to do with Nigeria as a whole.
Indeed, this is an ugly trend, considering what has been happening in other Universities in recent time.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Evagreenfields: 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2010
Ikechukwu09:

God, i was disheartened when i read this cos i have just gained admission to uniben and it really breaks my heart
heyaaaa.pele,lets just hope they look into d matter asap.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by chamber2(m): 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2010
Why? Did they not give them enough bribe or what? So schools like IMSU are ok? I laf in borokiri!

close ur smelling borokiri mouth and concentrate on the topic.

bingo
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Evagreenfields: 2:18pm On Dec 07, 2010
faithin9ja:

Good, I wonder how much lecturers in Medical schools at Uniben will be charging students for pass marks now? or can they now coerce female students to sleep with them for marks? pity all those ex-students who have to pay heavy bribes for transcripts, how useful will those transcripts be now (even though the accreditation will not be back dated, perceptions are important)

the wickedness and high handedness of the lecturers and administration is coming home to roost
exactly,d blocking rate there is off d shizzle.kw of a chic 2yrs bk who paid 130k for just one course during her MBs.it reali got me wondering abt d kinda doctors ubth might b receiving.i wish em d best in their quest 2 get their accreditatn bk.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2010
The situation is beta 4 uniben,compared to OOU and LASU which had over 15 and 30 courses disacredited respectively by NUC just last week,University edu is finished in dis country
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by obarogz: 2:33pm On Dec 07, 2010
Abeg, what becomes of the students already in training, some are even in final year?
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by luvola(m): 2:39pm On Dec 07, 2010
@ mr ogbeche - lasu lost 10courses and not 15,hw can they di sacredit lasu law which everybody knows is d best in d country,we are unshaken wit  NUC threat because we are not in good term with them since 2008,they should go to hell, lasu law stu are topping in law sch find out yourself
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by comechop(m): 2:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
Sad story for the students, but maybe a sign of good things to come. . . .
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by luvola(m): 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2010
@ ogbe -daddy u can lie o,lasu lost 10courses and not 30,stop posting rubbish
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by luvola(m): 2:49pm On Dec 07, 2010
@ ogbe -daddy u can lie o,lasu lost 10courses and not 30,stop posting rubbish
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by sochan: 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2010
A real shame this. How come NASS are awarding themselves bumper pay while institutions are failing. Nigerians wake up. These greedy thieves have taken everything from us. Lack of funding is killing everything in Nigeria
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by apoti(m): 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2010
A good move, it's necessary if we want to get things right for once
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by atropin(f): 2:52pm On Dec 07, 2010
i was also a victim of IUO, but i had 2 leave d skool after my 1st MBBS,2 start all over again in another university my mate then tot i wasnt smart n patient enough but i tank God 2day in few months i pray  i would be a certified medical doctor, i pray God intervene in this matter,
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Outstrip(f): 2:54pm On Dec 07, 2010
Which Uniben? This is serious. A whole Great Uniben?
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by WackyJ1(m): 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2010
Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria! what really bothers me is what will happen to the students that are already there, those about to finish and those that have gotten admission there.
this really shows what is happening to the educational system in Nigeria, it's crumbling. the leaders need to open their eyes before the damage becomes irrevocable

1 Like

Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by anusule(m): 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2010
so whats gonna happen to current med students there now? lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abu Zaria 2007/2008 Admission / Best Waec Result In Nigeria's History... (PHOTO!!!) / Obasanjo Hosts Independence Aniversary Debate, Anambra Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.