Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... (884 Views)

'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' / Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? / Baby crawls out of the house to the highway while parents were fast asleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by OduntanGabriel(m): 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2020
Please Nairaland my friend needs your advice

Please pardon any typo that may be found in this write up
I am writing this post on behalf of my friend who happens to be a female and I am sure she will be here to read your comments and advice(s).
It happens that a property(land )was shared to my friend’s parent(mother) and her half sibling.Everyone was given their portion many years back, back then this land was still a bush until my friend’s parents started developing their portion from being a land to a room and now 3 bedroom flat.
After many years ,the half sibling of my friends mother suddenly showed up and claimed the land belongs to him after the house has been developed and furnished which made them go to court for resolution,court verdict says my friend’s mother should evacuate the property in the moth of March 2019,currently my friend’s mother is down with an illness (stroke) .Her lawyer advices that they should appeal but unfortunately due to her MUM’s sickness they were unable to do that until dec 2 when my friend’s mum half sibling brought police men to their house to chase them out ,all their properties were scattered . Currently they are homeless as they have been squatting here and their ...Though they have appealed before then but everything seems so slow... what do you think they should do,please kindly assist

Cc: seun lalasticlala
Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by Thegeneralqueen(f): 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
The siblings should pay her for all the works she have done
Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by jahlove4jah: 6:41pm On Jan 18, 2020
On what basis was she asked to evacuate? She doesn't have a valid document to back her up as the rightful owner
Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by bukkysam(f): 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2020
hnnnmmmm
Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2020
Na to carry bulldozer, bulldoze everything down naw imagine d wickedness. Monkey work, baboon wanna chop
Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by Asquare84(m): 7:34pm On Jan 18, 2020
I strongly believe your friend families are ibo
Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by yanabasee(m): 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2020
Shared to her by who?

When she developed the land, she was supposed to register the land and make papers for it.....

People can be selfish....I hope she didn't trespass to take the land given to her half-siblings and now seeking for sympathy.
Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by Lamanii22(f): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2020
Did the opposition(s) produced a paper work? On what grounds was she asked to evacuate a property that doesn't have paper work.. What about your friend's dad what does he do? Or didn't I read the story correctly? He shouldn't have built a house on a land owned by a polygamous family....
Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by OduntanGabriel(m): 12:42am On Jan 19, 2020
Asquare84:

They are yorubas

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by OduntanGabriel(m): 12:44am On Jan 19, 2020
yanabasee:
Shared to her by who?

When she developed the land, she was supposed to register the land and make papers for it.....

People can be selfish....I hope she didn't trespass to take the land given to her half-siblings and now seeking for sympathy.

No she didn’t trespass....it was a property shared to them after their mother’s death

1 Like

Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by LadySarah: 12:50am On Jan 19, 2020
Asquare84:

Why this assertion if I may ask? What is it and calling Igbo every time?

Mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by habeeorlar(m): 12:56am On Jan 19, 2020
She had the document and the first time they went court, the judge said it was a family issue they should go settle it in the family meeting but surprisingly when they went for the print out of the judge it was written to evacuate the premises .......
Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by habeeorlar(m): 12:59am On Jan 19, 2020
jahlove4jah:
On what basis was she asked to evacuate? She doesn't have a valid document to back her up as the rightful owner
she have all document
Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by habeeorlar(m): 1:01am On Jan 19, 2020
yanabasee:
Shared to her by who?

She took the part that was given to her and this so called half brother didn't come up when it was just a room apartment.... Why now
Re: Help: My Friend Parents Were Evicted From Their Homes ... by ibkn(m): 5:12am On Jan 19, 2020
1st of all some details have not been provided for a more professional legal advise but I will advise the following pending they seek proper legal counsel.
1. Get a lawyer or they apply to the court for a copy of all the court documents. So the lawyer can review same.
2. Apply for a stay of execution pending appeal. They can appeal the judgement.
3. Before the appeal they can apply to court for the judgement to be set aside if they can prove fraud.
Thank you.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advice Needed / What Must Be Done To Secure This Marriage... / What's The Funniest Thing A Child Ever Said Or Asked You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.