Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,445 members, 7,861,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:45 AM

Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. (725 Views)

Man Harvests Human-sized Yams In Enugu (photo) / Should I Quit My Job And Start Farming Tomatoes? Advice Please / Bulk Price!! Big And Medium Sized Egg For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. by AmericanPecan: 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2020
I haven't a clue on location but would like to stay outside of acura some time when Im older. Looking to buy land for homestead. Able to make poor soil fertile for my ideal set up. Any advice where to start would be helpful. Willing to invest in bore well onsite for right person.
Re: Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. by spinna: 10:30pm On Jan 20, 2020
AmericanPecan:
I haven't a clue on location but would like to stay outside of acura some time when Im older. Looking to buy land for homestead. Able to make poor soil fertile for my ideal set up. Any advice where to start would be helpful. Willing to invest in bore well onsite for right person.

Come join me in Oke Ogun area of Oyo state..affordable fertile lands and beautiful scenery. Accessible to Abeokuta Oyo town and Ibadan. I'm raising cows for beef and milk.
Re: Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. by AmericanPecan: 10:41pm On Jan 20, 2020
spinna:

Come join me in Oke Ogun area of Oyo state..affordable fertile lands and beautiful scenery. Accessible to Abeokuta Oyo town and Ibadan. I'm raising cows for beef and milk.

That is really far North for me. Would like more of a homestead where I live close to the farm and short drive to the city. Im 30 years old doctor and would also like to work. Is there more of a price premium for the land? And Im also able to fertilize the land maybe 5 to 10 years 10 hectares at a time by myself.
Re: Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. by risos(m): 10:54pm On Jan 20, 2020
There is so much fertile land in bayelsa the closest city is at port Harcourt about one and a half hour drive.

1 Like

Re: Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. by budaatum: 5:19am On Jan 25, 2020
AmericanPecan:

That is really far North for me. Would like more of a homestead where I live close to the farm and short drive to the city. Im 30 years old doctor and would also like to work. Is there more of a price premium for the land? And Im also able to fertilize the land maybe 5 to 10 years 10 hectares at a time by myself.
Oke Ogun area of Oyo State is "really far North"?

Good that you are here researching.
Have you heard of Zaria, Kano and Sokoto?

Re: Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. by AmericanPecan: 6:02am On Jan 25, 2020
Yeah thanks. for the suggestion. The land near sokoto is prime land with hard labor as the millennials would say. But its like the wild west and i dont want to feel like that all the time i just want to plant my trees and live in peace. Look at the google image do you think that land was green in the past?
budaatum:

Oke Ogun area of Oyo State is "really far North"?

Good that you are here researching.
Have you heard of Zaria, Kano and Sokoto?
Re: Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. by CAPSLOCKED: 8:31am On Jan 25, 2020
there are no fertile soils to farm in the whole of America? as big as it is?

what are your plans for herdsmen and their cattle, who are already rehearsing to March pass through your farm as we speak?

Re: Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. by Atlanticfire: 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2020
Just pick any spot within 100km of an airport, you will be fine.

As for cows and herdsmen, I hope you already know how the Americans solve that problem long ago. Barbed wires, just fence your land with barbed wire.

In the confrontation between cows and barbed wires, the cow always loses.

In selecting your land, avoid areas with basement complex rocks, this covers a good part of the western region and parts of the north. Establishing your farm on basement complex areas means that your borehole yield will be limited. The alternative is to look for land close to rivers for water supply
Re: Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. by Demolaeby: 4:08pm On Jan 25, 2020
Scammers. Beware!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. by Daniel058(m): 5:25pm On Jan 25, 2020
Na like this scam dey take start.. with all my heart I Don't believe OP is not a Yahoo boy . cry
Re: Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. by AmericanPecan: 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
So fenced land is relatively safe easier to just go around. I read the gun laws and you have to be 35 to legally own but Im 100% sure i saw a teen execute a guy. I also want to be safe if I go so ill like to have a gun on me. I figure a semi manage fruit or nut tree plantation with a fence and open access to feed would be fair exchange for peace of mind but you never know with crazy people.
Atlanticfire:
Just pick any spot within 100km of an airport, you will be fine.

As for cows and herdsmen, I hope you already know how the Americans solve that problem long ago. Barbed wires, just fence your land with barbed wire.

In the confrontation between cows and barbed wires, the cow always loses.

In selecting your land, avoid areas with basement complex rocks, this covers a good part of the western region and parts of the north. Establishing your farm on basement complex areas means that your borehole yield will be limited. The alternative is to look for land close to rivers for water supply
Re: Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. by AmericanPecan: 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2020
All I want to know is it safe or will some one try to chop my head off if i start a farm and work the land. I understand work is a hard concept to a lot of millennials. I have always been keen on having a 40 acre oasis in the desert. I'm more interested in early retirement and living a peaceful life. Don't forget the land up north was not always so desolate. A lot of the forest is gone exported to other nations to build there lands but many forget too easily.Hell i have a uncle that if i asked would come with me and he is far more skilled than me.Forestry is profitable long term investment while giving rehabilitation.
Daniel058:
Na like this scam dey take start.. with all my heart I Don't believe OP is not a Yahoo boy . cry
Re: Black American Looking To Move And Start My Own Medium Sized Farm. by AmericanPecan: 5:57pm On Jan 25, 2020
Man I have not a clue what to do but they best not do it on my land gtfo.is a fence and a peaceful song to please go around not enough. I dont intend on have land near a main road so why are you here? and than we see i guess at this point.I mean you still have tribes that can tame hyenas. I have wolf experience in my blood but dog breeding is much easier and more practical. The food they eat is cheap so you know.
CAPSLOCKED:
there are no fertile soils to farm in the whole of America? as big as it is?

what are your plans for herdsmen and their cattle, who are already rehearsing to March pass through your farm as we speak?

(1) (Reply)

See What A Nigeria Guy Did With Match Sticks And Chicken / Fufu/yam Pounding Machine / Innokas Rice Distributor/agent In Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.