Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,941 members, 7,814,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda (28245 Views)

Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by H100: 12:36am On Jan 21, 2020
Reactions from all side following Chimamanda's Video on land dispute with the Billionaire Auther Eze's Ukpo community.

Chimamanda during the weekend released this video which more or less is just an appeal to our common sense of humanity but in reaction to the video on her verified facebook page, Both Ukpo and Abba indigenes flooded to put up their own perspective of the story while some cast doubts about the Literary giant's fairness. Others hail her doggedness and praise her for getting involved

While the short video by Chimamanda was really touching, There may still be more to be made public from the other side of it.

Adichie was recently honored on the 11th of January 2020 with the first ever Belle van Zuylen Ring – an honorary prize awarded by the International Literature Festival Utrecht (ILFU), Netherlands – for β€œher contribution to humanity through her literary works and her public engagements which have played huge roles in effecting change and a better understanding of issues such as identity and feminism.”

The Video has an English transcript

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fpavSTLdJ8

https://www.facebook.com/chimamandaadichie/videos/2890418107688242/

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by sodiqapril(m): 1:08am On Jan 21, 2020
I once commented on a post here saying Arthur Eze is one of the people dragging this country backwards... A lot of people here called me a broke jealous afonja.. I read Chimamanda's account on one of the punch newspaper columns and I was shocked how someone can be so wicked. The man grabs innocent people's lands if you oppose him, you get arrested by police. God bless educated elite like Chimamanda that are standing to check the man's lawlessness.one thing Nigerians have failed to realise,most of these rich people no matter the tribe they come from have this corrupt and above the law nature since they can buy the police. Once again, Chimamanda God bless you for standing up for your people, you are the real feminists.... Dead rat griller, FXCK YOU

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by Blackeuropean: 5:00am On Jan 21, 2020
I don't just know what is with people and lands in Nigeria, Na wao

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2020
YHmmmmmmmm
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by Sunofgod(m): 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2020
If her people (male folks) were educated such a thing couldn't happen. Arthur isnt educated but he see less educated people in that town who will sell or give up their land for nothing.

Let her go to Arthurs house to protest if she thinks shes a somebody.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by Sirheny007(m): 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2020
Blackeuropean:
I don't just know what is with people and lands in Nigeria, Na wao

By all means, do whatever you can to get as many lands as possible for posterity.
I dont blame Arthur Eze.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by id4sho(m): 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2020
TRASH
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by FreeMejoor1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by Ivebeenbanned(f): 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2020
sodiqapril:
I once commented on a post here saying Arthur Eze is one of the people dragging this country backwards... A lot of people here called me a broke jealous afonja.. I read Chimamanda's account on one of the punch newspaper columns and I was shocked how someone can be so wicked. The man grabs innocent people's lands if you oppose him, you get arrested by police. God bless educated elite like Chimamanda that are standing to check the man's lawlessness.one thing Nigerians have failed to realise,most of these rich people no matter the tribe they come from have this corrupt and above the law nature since they can buy the police. Once again, Chimamanda God bless you for standing up for your people, you are the real feminists.... Dead rat griller, FXCK YOU
Is there anything like fake feminist, or you just want to talk?

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by themonk(m): 5:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ivebeenbanned:

Is there a thing as fake feminist, or you just want to talk?

There are narcissistic, hateful women who are men-haters and hide under feminism.

Feminism in its real sense is a very good thing but it has also been poplated by hateful women who try to control men in their life and are unsuccessful so they hide under feminism to say all men are scum.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by noble71(m): 5:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
shocked

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by IDENNAA(m): 5:53pm On Jan 22, 2020
Sunofgod:
If her people (male folks) were educated such a thing couldn't happen. Arthur isnt educated but he see less educated people in that town who will sell or give up their land for nothing.

Arthur Eze is an American trained Engineer !!

12 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by Ivebeenbanned(f): 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2020
themonk:

There are narcissistic, hateful women who hide under feminism.
And so they're fake feminists? I tire for una.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by phayvoursky(m): 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2020
The rich oppresses the poor everywhere.

The rich pastors take from the poor members.

The country leaders steal from the poor.

The poor steals from themselves.

The poor hail the rich.

The poor refuses to believe they are poor.

The world lacks love.

Las Las everybody go enter hell. Na only Christ and the apostles go de for the heaven.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by TheMubaraqS: 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hmmmmm... cry[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by themonk(m): 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ivebeenbanned:

And so they're fake feminists?
Yes, because feminism is not their primary motive.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by Dreyl(m): 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2020
This is so serious

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by Xisnin(m): 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2020
While Arthur is using his police powers to displace natives, Adizie
is using her pen/camera power.
At the end of the day, the pen is mightier than the sword.

37 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by Ivebeenbanned(f): 5:57pm On Jan 22, 2020
themonk:

Yes, because feminism is not their primary motive.
Oh, really? So if you're narcissistic and hateful, you're not fit to be a feminist? Is that so?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by paulibling(m): 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2020
Sunofgod:

Check Arthur's education profile again and correct yourself. I was believing you until the statement made me realise you knew nothing about the case and that the way I saw the news online is the way you saw it too but you started sounding as if you have personally verified truth until the education part.
This is just a pure replica of Nigerians online. Putting mouth in what they knew nothing about. Shior.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by Realtalk20: 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2020
Freetoo:
BUY BUYING

r]

Is this grammar intentional or an error?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by MrCaesar: 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2020
Sunofgod:

did you say he's not educated?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by Dpharisee: 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hmmm! Let there be peace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by Cenezoic: 6:00pm On Jan 22, 2020
Internal Affairs Department over to you, we are busy dissecting BAT's stand point on Amotekun. angry
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 22, 2020
This man again?
Oh well,Nigerians worship rich men irrespective of source of wealth and how humane he is.

The same people from his town will crucify this lady that's fighting for them.

Do they even respect women?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buying Books Online In Nigeria: Which Online Bookstores Do We Have In Nigeria? / Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) / Online Journalism For Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.