Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? (3267 Views)

My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job / Is 500k Enough To Migrate To Canada Or Finland? / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? by Nobody: 1:41am On Jan 21, 2020
I know right now relocation is on your mind, there are plenty of countries to choose from. Canada is one of the most popular destinations for migrants and a dream country for every Nigerian citizen. But Finland is one of those Scandinavian countries that is always finishing really high up in the quality of life indices, often finishing near or above Canada. Both of these countries have plenty to offer in terms of starting a new life, but which destination is right for you and your family? 

Canada’s population of around 37 million with some 1,000,000 immigrants projected to enter the country this year.

The current population in Finland is around 5.5 million 

A rich job market, stable economy, strong educational system, robust public health system, and healthy entrepreneurial environment make Canada a well-rounded destination.

When it comes to Finland, however, happiness, political stability, a good education system, and transparent government practices offer little that Canada does not. Of the few things that Finland does offer over Canada are increased income equality and a better public healthcare system, albeit, not by much.

Finland is about 30 times smaller than Canada.

Cost of Living Comparison Between Canada and Finland

If you lived in Canada instead of Finland, you would:
PAY 10.6% LESS FOR RESTAURANTS
PAY 18.6% MORE FOR HOUSING
PAY 23.6% MORE FOR CHILDCARE
PAY 16.6% LESS FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND SPORTS
PAY 32.1% LESS FOR CLOTHING
PAY 15.3% MORE FOR GROCERIES
If you lived in Canada instead of Finland, you would:
HEALTH
LIVE 0.9 YEARS LONGER

In Finland, the average life expectancy is 81 years (78 years for men, 84 years for women). In Canada, that number is 82 years (79 years for men, 85 years for women).

BE 32.4% MORE LIKELY TO BE OBESE

In Finland, 22.2% of adults are obese. In Canada, that number is 29.4% of people.

ECONOMY
BE 24.4% LESS LIKELY TO BE UNEMPLOYED

In Finland, 8.6% of adults are unemployed. In Canada, that number is 6.5%.

SPEND 36.0% LESS ON TAXES

Finland has a top tax rate of 51.6%. In Canada, the top tax rate is 33.0%.

LIFE
BE 2.3 TIMES MORE LIKELY TO DIE DURING CHILDBIRTH

In Finland, approximately 3.0 women per 100,000 births die during labor. In Canada, 7.0 women do.

BE 80.0% MORE LIKELY TO DIE DURING INFANCY

In Finland, approximately 2.5 children die before they reach the age of one. In Canada, on the other hand, 4.5 children do.

EXPENDITURES

SPEND 26.4% LESS ON EDUCATION

Finland spends 7.2% of its total GDP on education. Canada spends 5.3% of total GDP on education.

Finland has a total of 1,250 km of coastline. In Canada, that number is 202,080 km.

Salaries And Financing
Average Monthly Net Salary (After Tax)
Canada Finland
(€2,234.30) (€2,291.42)

80 percent of the Finland population speaks English. You don’t have to worry about speaking a different language at all.

What's the easiest way to migrate to Finland from Nigeria?

The easiest way to migrate to Finland from Nigeria is to study an academic degree to gain high qualifications for a profession that would offer you employment in the service of a Finnish company that values enough your expertise and special skills.

What's the easiest way to migrate to Canada from Nigeria?

The cheapest way to Canada is study with scholarship. Don’t bother If you don’t have scholarship and cannot afford about 6–10m/year for the cost.

Easiest way is express entry. you need to have the profile that the government want.
Go and read about express entry, if you qualify, apply. If you don’t, by August, start reading about admission and scholarships or funding in Canada.

How much is the cost of Finland student visa fee in nigeria?
The cost of Finland Student Visa fee is ₦25,881.64. However, it is advised that applicants have extra ₦5,000 for exchange rate differential. The visa fee is non-refundable

How much is Canada Visa Fee in Nigeria
Application costs ₦226 433,64. It includes fee for processing (₦90 303,28) and fee for permanent residence right (₦136 137,13). Your Application (without fee for permanent residence right) – ₦90 303,28.

Canadian Embassy in Nigeria:
Address: Silverbird Entertainment Centre, 1161 Memorial Drive, Central Business District, Abuja, 

Embassy of Finland in Nigeria 
Address: 9 Iro Dan Musa St, Asokoro, Abuja,

Link to apply for Finland visa; https://www.vfsglobal.com/Finland/Nigeria/how-to-apply.html

Beware of fraudulent job offers and fake agent. Do your processing yourself.

If you have been trying Canada, I advise you to focus your energy on Finland. 

Finland’s new prime minister, Sanna Marin wants her country on a four-day workweek

Imagine a country with 34years old babe as prime minister.

https://mandynews.com/why-you-should-live-in-canada-or-finland/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? by Nobody: 1:43am On Jan 21, 2020
Cc: justwise, DisGuy lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:53am On Jan 21, 2020
so out of ALL the fantastic countries on this great green earth, you see only these 2 countries as where people should live?!?!?! really?!

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? by Realtizzy(m): 1:54am On Jan 21, 2020
Can you help one out with Finland visa processing or give direct contact?
Re: Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? by Kampack: 5:00am On Jan 21, 2020
You cleverly skipped language. grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? by segzysexy(m): 7:49am On Jan 21, 2020
Nice piece from Ops.
Re: Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? by Starboytwo(m): 9:10am On Jan 21, 2020
I be omo naija
Re: Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? by Sultty(m): 12:27pm On Jan 21, 2020
CollinsWeGlobe:

https://mandynews.com/why-you-should-live-in-canada-or-finland/
I beg to differ on Ur point that d best way to relocate to these 2 countries are through education. I think they are some other forms that one can come in, e.g for Canada there's this (PNP) provincial nominee program which u could win without claiming admission into any university. Just do enough knowledgeable searches and u r good to go

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? by fortunez1(m): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 21, 2020
You need to see finland girls on IG angry. Fat fat fat everywhere, only sauna and swimming pool they know.

No gym angry angry. Goodluck. I still have seychelles on my mind

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 21, 2020
Okpa042:
You need to see finland girls on IG angry. Fat fat fat everywhere, only sauna and swimming pool they know.

No gym angry angry. Goodluck. I still have seychelles on my mind

Nigerians self grin Fat fat fat everywhere shocked shocked shocked Country you have not even visited you talking about fat? Tell me where there is no fat people in the world grin are you going there for beauty pageant? Nairaland my home grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Live In Canada Or Finland? by Flexherbal(m): 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
In Finland, the average life expectancy is 81 years (78 years for men, 84 years for women). In Canada, that number is 82 years (79 years for men, 85 years for women).

So na everywhere, women dey live longer than men!

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Tourism! / Oman Visa Requirement For Nigeria Passport Holders / Amazing Beaches To Checkout In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.