Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company (14868 Views)

Advice Needed On Motor Vehicle To Purchase / Lagos State Motor Vehicle Administration Agency (m.v.a.a.) / The New Lagos Motor Vehicle Administration Agency Proposed Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by rodeo0070(m): 8:48pm On Jan 21, 2020
Toyota was ranked the No. 1 motor vehicle company for the sixth consecutive year on Fortune Magazine’s 2020 “World’s Most Admired Companies” annual ranking. Fortune also recognized Toyota as No. 30 among the Top 50 “All-Star” companies surveyed, which included companies from various industries.

Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list is widely acknowledged as the definitive report card on corporate reputation and is based on company surveys and industry peer ratings from senior executives, directors and industry analysts from around the world. For each company, the survey measures nine attributes considered critical to a company’s global success, including quality of products and services, social and environmental responsibility, global competitiveness, and value as an investment, among others.

“To top Fortune’s list of the most admired auto companies for the sixth year in a row is an exciting accomplishment for all of us here at Toyota, and I continue to be impressed by the talent of our global team,” said Jim Lentz, Toyota Motor North America chief executive officer. “This honour underscores our collective commitment to continuous improvement for our customers, and I can’t wait to see what lies ahead for Toyota.”

The full list appears in the magazine’s February issue and can be viewed online now on Fortune’s website at https://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/.

FORTUNE’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” Methodology  

Korn Ferry Hay Group started with approximately 1,500 companies, including 1,000 of the largest U.S. companies ranked by revenue, along with non-U.S. companies in Fortune’s Global 500 database that have revenues of $10 billion or more, then selected the highest-rated companies in each industry, a total of 680 in 30 countries.

To arrive at the top 50 Most Admired Companies overall, Korn Ferry Hay Group asked 3,750 executives, directors, and securities analysts to select the 10 companies they admired most. They chose from a list made up of the companies that ranked in the top 25 percent in last year’s surveys, plus those that finished in the top 20 percent of their industry. Anyone could vote for any company in any industry. To create the 52 industry lists, participants were asked to rate companies in their own industry on nine criteria: Innovation, People Management, Use of Corporate Assets, Social Responsibility, Quality of Management, Financial Soundness, Long-Term Investment Value, Quality of Products/Services, and Global Competitiveness.
SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2020/01/21/toyota-named-number-1-motor-vehicle-company-on-fortune-magazines-2020-worlds-most-admired-list/

1 Like

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by hisgrace090: 8:59pm On Jan 21, 2020
On point as there is no other than TOYOTA.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by psalmsmiles(m): 9:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
They didnt reveal the criterias used in making this decision.
Sadly, many nigerians will agree wholeheartedly with this list. Why not? When they live in a country where a person who owns a toyota pencil or muscle feels like he has made it in life.
In saner climes, when they are mentioning car companies, Toyota doesn't even come in.
Nonsense and Amotekun

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by yanabasee(m): 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
What happened to M'Benz?

9 Likes

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by lizdammy: 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2020
Well deserved

1 Like

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by donprinyo(m): 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2020
Absolutely

1 Like

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by KingAzari: 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2020
Have driven both Toyota, Honda, Benz, Volvo and BMW. I'll choose Honda over any of those any time any day. Especially the recent models of Honda. Drove my cousin's 2014 Honda accord from Onitsha to PH in December and I nearly cum.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by ForeThinker: 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
Abii o
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by masterflowx(m): 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
So, what did you expect?
You want them to name Honda motors with their ball joint problem as number one?
As far as Nigeria road is concern, Toyota remain number one here.

7 Likes

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Amotekun777: 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
Honda is #1!

Above all... it's a Honda! cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Youngkingjaey1: 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
Ok smiley nairalanders please if you know anybody who wants to sell his or her car, any model & any colour, with Ac and you are sure its in perfect working condition & valid papers, with price around 2.5 or 3 Million, as long as the engine is not weak yet. Pls let the person sell it, its none of my business.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Dpharisee: 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
Toyota Hilux remains the most popular utility vehicle because of its versatility.
The car with highest second hand value in Nigeria is Toyota

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by lyriclekidd(m): 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
They worth it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Chijeep(m): 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
I 4 don buy dx Toyota Venza on 31th Dec. last year ooo.

just only #100 remained mak my money complete n d dealer said e no fit sell.

well, I go still go der dx year again

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Sexyjigga(m): 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
Damn.....Mercedes Benz or B.M.W for me anytime,anyday...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Youngkingjaey1: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2020
KingAzari:
for sale cry
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by alfasexy: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2020
Tesla is coming.

1 Like

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Godsonkemz(m): 9:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
Toyota seems to be the most trusted brand in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Goldencheese(m): 9:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Youngkingjaey1:
Ok smiley nairalanders please if you know anybody who wants to sell his or her car, any model & any colour, with Ac and you are sure its in perfect working condition & valid papers, with price around 2.5 or 3 Million, as long as the engine is not weak yet. Pls let the person sell it, its none of my business.

4 Likes

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Fentanyl: 9:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Dottore: 9:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by IntellectOzone(m): 9:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
Youngkingjaey1:

Mad ooo

5 Likes

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Kingpele(m): 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
What can I do, I have used toyota, Honda and now Benz, menh Benz is the best. they are just fooling toyota, I know the feeling of a good ridewhen I ride one. but congrats to them anyway am not a wailer.

13 Likes

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by LandAndHomes: 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
Auto gurus in the house, please which truck is best for movement of site materials like blocks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Dogalmighty17: 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
No be lie. Toyota consistently outperforms every other brand worldwide. Even in the United States, Toyota gives American made vehicles a great run for money.
Toyota cars employ mixes of reliability, innovation, aesthetics and economy. A jack of all trades and a master of all if you will. Toyota is the way to go.

Nairalanders I lie?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Benwallt(m): 9:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
Toyota is like Mtn "anywhere u go" that 2009 Camry (muscle) double exhaust.I must buy it whether devil likes it or not

6 Likes

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Wettoid123: 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
before nko....toyota is the best car all my cars are toyota
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by najiswealth: 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
There's fraud in this their selectoin, have they seen Innoson motors or is it because it is made in Biafra

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience / This One-of-a-kind Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport L'Or Blanc Is Made With Porcelain / FRSC Writes Toyota Over High Rate Of Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.