Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration (1454 Views)

I’m Cristiano, Not Messi” - Cristiano Ronaldo Reacts Furiously At Al-hilal Fans / Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard / Mbappe Says Messi 'had To Win' Ballon D'or After World Cup Glory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration by Oac700: 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2020
Kylian Mbappe has suggested he cannot replicate what Lionel Messi has achieved at Barcelona and will instead look to Cristiano Ronaldo for inspiration.

Since bursting onto the scene with Monaco in 2016, a successful move to Paris Saint-Germain and a charge to World Cup glory with France have made the 21-year-old one of the leading lights in football.

However, when it comes to choosing between Messi and Ronaldo regarding which player he wants to model his career path on, Mbappe acknowledged his switch from Monaco to PSG means he cannot follow in the footsteps of Barca's six-time Ballon d'Or winner.

It’s too late for me to carve out a career like Messi’s, I would have had to stay at Monaco,” Mbappe told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Without taking anything away from Messi, now I have to draw on Cristiano’s career for inspiration.

Mbappe also believes Ronaldo gives Juventus an edge in the Champions League, a competition the Portugal captain has won five times, making the Serie A giants a favourite.

"Juventus are a strong side - they've shown that in the finals they've played during the past few seasons," said Mbappe, who has scored 21 goals in all competitions for PSG this term.

"They have always lacked something to give them the edge and now they have that in Cristiano. He's a player who makes you win major trophies

read full story

Source: https://info.ovasports.com/nt4

Re: Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
Messi is a nobody.. even mbappe knows this

Team CR7

5 Likes

Re: Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration by Muhammad2468(m): 7:00pm On Jan 22, 2020
like for ronaldo
share for messi
modify for quote for mbappe

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration by Balaxx: 7:04pm On Jan 22, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

Team CR7
ronaldo is a nobody..even Pele knows this

1 Like

Re: Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration by Astark: 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2020
It’s too late for me to carve out a career like Messi’s, I would have had to stay at Monaco,” Mbappe told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Without taking anything away from Messi, now I have to draw on Cristiano’s career for inspiration.
imagine if psg took mpabbe when he was a boy after all clubs rejected him because of his stature and growth problem. They took him and treated him till he's better. That's the story of messi
Re: Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration by richmind2019(m): 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

Team CR7
Messi is a what !! abeg retrieve that ur statement before i close my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration by shilenji(m): 7:55pm On Jan 22, 2020
this information can't be used to bring down the price of foreign rice .so fvck off
Re: Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 22, 2020
Muhammad2468:
like for ronaldo

share for messi
Am a Ronaldo fan..buh pls stop dis!!..we don enter New year na undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration by Beverlyjean(f): 7:22am On Jan 23, 2020
Astark:
imagine if psg took mpabbe when he was a boy after all clubs rejected him because of his stature and growth problem. They took him and treated him till he's better. That's the story of messi

This is the crap that u Messi fans leverage on, as if he is the first player that has ever gon thru that... Like as if if it was Valencia that treated him, he will remain their all his career ... Total crap

1 Like

Re: Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration by sammyj: 7:45am On Jan 23, 2020
This shows Ronaldo is the real Goat that inspires upcoming goat, Messi is hype and not inspirational. Likes for Ronaldo and Share to Messi.

3 Likes

Re: Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration by drips8(m): 8:37am On Jan 23, 2020
The Ronaldo fans on the thread right now

1 Like

Re: Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration by Perfectbeing(m): 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2020
If you read the post very well you'll see that Mbappe meant they're no point trying to be like Messi because it's impossible. It's better to be like Ronaldo which is very possible. If you can't be like a god at least you can be like a king.
Re: Mbappe Says He's Looking To Ronaldo, Not Messi, For Inspiration by ajericho(m): 4:00pm On Jan 25, 2020
Astark:

many clubs notured players and they still left

(1) (Reply)

Download Video: Manchester City Vs Manchester United 0-1 Goals & All Highlights / Zlatan Says This, Muslims Get Triggered And Wish Him Corona Virus / Chukwueze Wonder Goal- Arab Commentator Shouts 'Kanu, Okocha, Amokachi, Finidi!'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.