Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

This Is A Very Subjective Question But Which Naija States Are Known For Artwork? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / This Is A Very Subjective Question But Which Naija States Are Known For Artwork? (413 Views)

What Is Yoruba Tribe Known For? / 4 Fantastic Virtues Ancient Ibibio People Are Known For / The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is A Very Subjective Question But Which Naija States Are Known For Artwork? by tpiar: 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2020
No fighting please.
Re: This Is A Very Subjective Question But Which Naija States Are Known For Artwork? by chimezieeze98: 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njiyPUVHmCA

@OP, your question is quite vague for you havent stated what exactly you mean by "artwork"; art itself involves human activities in creating visual, auditory or performing artifacts, expressing the author's imaginative, conceptual ideas, or technical skill, intended to be appreciated for their beauty or emotional power.

From the above, i would love to ask; the artwork you seek, is it music, poetry, paintings, sculpture, etc? Would you want to include times of the stone age and iron age like the times of the Nok people of present Plateau state, or the Nsukka, Ife, Benin, Igbo-Uku sculptures?

In terms of performing arts; masquerade comes to my mind. We have Eyo in Lagos, various Mmounwu in the south-east, to mention a few.

Well, i leave you with the above video which is one of my favorites ive seen online in recent times, which is a performance of a masquerade in the south-east; Udi in Enugu state to be precise.

(1) (Reply)

A Message To African Parents! / 10th Coronation Anniversary: Olomu Epitomizes Greatness – Olateju / Nok Culture – Ancient Human Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.