Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life (14550 Views)

5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life / Bill Gates Reveals The Only Way Out Of Poverty For Nigerians. / The Sure Way Out Of Poverty For Youths Is Agriculture- Ex President Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
Often time I ask myself" why do very few people rich and majority stay poor?"

In my quest to find answers to this question,I realized that the rich and the poor differ in what they think about and what they do

In this video I'm going to tell you 5 habits that make people stay in poverty for life.

1. They live below their means!. The habit of live below your means is doing more harms than good. With a view to living below their means, they cut down important cost on things that can make them go forward in life. Instead of living below your means why not focus on increasing your means. If you will be realistic cut down cost is like cutting down things that can make you happy. Psychologically most things we buy increase our happiness and self esteem.

In this short video I gave out suitable illustrations and reasons why people stay in poverty for life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D17HBY5Li_Q

For more update on money affairs click on subscribe through this link
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCbSYV2lKewQ796zsZQbSg_A

1 Like

Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
well organized thought.
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 10:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
facenglish:
well organized thought.

Thanks!
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 6:53am On Jan 27, 2020
uprof:

Thanks!

I want to aske you questions on each of the points you mentioned in the video. will you have time for the real engagement?
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 8:44am On Jan 27, 2020
facenglish:

I want to aske you questions on each of the points you mentioned in the video. will you have time for the real engagement?

Go ahead and ask your questions
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2020
regarding the first point, I often tell people that frugality is not good,but they keep telling me that money is difficult to get it is not available. do u agree with that?
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 2:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
facenglish:
regarding the first point, I often tell people that frugality is not good,but they keep telling me that money is difficult to get it is not available. do u agree with that?

Yes! I agree. The scarcity mindset is not really helping us. You believe that giving out what you will make your situation worse off Which is not its from being generous with skills and values
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
uprof:

Yes! I agree. The scarcity mindset is not really helping us. You believe that giving out what you will make your situation worse off Which is not its from being generous with skills and values

thanks! I also need explanation on the second point.are you saying my personal car is not an asset?
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 10:00am On Jan 29, 2020
facenglish:

thanks! I also need explanation on the second point.are you saying my personal car is not an asset?

Regarding assets and liabilities you need to consider the Flow of cash. If is it outward flow it an asset. Cash flow is the most important economic benefits to consider when buying asset
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 7:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
uprof:

Regarding assets and liabilities you need to consider the Flow of cash. If is it outward flow it an asset. Cash flow is the most important economic benefits to consider when buying asset

OK! if it doesn't bring cash it is a liability and if it does it is an asset. is that what you are saying?
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2020
facenglish:

OK! if it doesn't bring cash it is a liability and if it does it is an asset. is that what you are saying?

Exactly

1 Like

Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by heroninja: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2020
From my own point of view aset also include capital gains but cash flow is the real wealth
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 10:36am On Jan 30, 2020
heroninja:
From my own point of view aset also include capital gains but cash flow is the real wealth

You are very correct! people invest for capital gains and people also invest for cash flow. You have your choice.But for me I pay much attentions to cash flow while also benefiting from capital gains.
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 3:11pm On Jan 30, 2020
there is another thing you talk about regarding the traditional education, can I ask you some vital questions on that?
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 4:54pm On Jan 30, 2020
facenglish:
there is another thing you talk about regarding the traditional education, can I ask you some vital questions on that?

Go ahead and ask your question!
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 7:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
uprof:

thanks! let me start with this,what form of traditional education are you talking about?

do u mean school system?
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 10:57am On Jan 31, 2020
facenglish:

thanks! let me start with this,what form of traditional education are you talking about?

do u mean school system?

My context is school, it is what majority goes to for education
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 31, 2020
I have said this number of times, the internet is a great avenue to create wealth, only if we know how to use it positively, learn to earn from the internet, it;s a free world, the world is looking for creative mind to make an impact, millions are searching for what you are promoting daily online, identify your targeted audience, pitch your offers, make money...Simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
uprof:

My context is school, it is what majority goes to for education

OK! are u telling me with my certificate can not make me to be financially independent?
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 6:12pm On Jan 31, 2020
facenglish:

OK! are u telling me with my certificate can not make me to be financially independent?

It is your responsibility to seek financial independence. Financial education is not taught in school if it is taught many teacher will be rich
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 6:55am On Feb 01, 2020
uprof:

It is your responsibility to seek financial independence. Financial education is not taught in school if it is taught many teacher will be rich

hmmm! teachers are not well taken care of in most countries, that is why there standard of living quite low
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by Distinct123: 7:40am On Feb 01, 2020
great one! u prof! information like this may not go well with people,it is number, as for me I need to ask you some questions to seek clarification.
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 7:35pm On Feb 01, 2020
Distinct123:
great one! u prof! information like this may not go well with people,it is number, as for me I need to ask you some questions to seek clarification.

Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by Distinct123: 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2020
uprof:

what should I do to avoidi living below your means
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by tenderjunkie: 12:30am On Feb 02, 2020
uprof:

Frugality is not supposed to be mistaken with being stingy. Frugality is about being economical and having a plan for your money.
You could earn 100k for example, and decide to budget 10% for people who need your assistance. Frugality is budgeting and sticking to a budget.
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 8:33am On Feb 02, 2020
tenderjunkie:

Frugality is not supposed to be mistaken with being stingy. Frugality is about being economical and having a plan for your money.
You could earn 100k for example, and decide to budget 10% for people who need your assistance. Frugality is budgeting and sticking to a budget.

Frugality implies, to stick to buying necessary items. In this case you concentrate on need, and core importance, one can drive rickety Micra since what is necessary is transportation. But you don't pay much attention attention to how you can improve your standard of living so as to drive on venza,Benz. All these makes us feel good in a state of actualization.

When one's mentality changes,when buying on cars,what comes to mind will be brand new not Tokunbo or smuggled cars.. That is a life of abundance not frugality I repeat

1 Like

Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by Distinct123: 9:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
uprof:

good! cant one be rich without generosity!
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
Distinct123:

Good! cant one be rich without generosity!
it is not realistic you have to give something to get something.
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 1:43pm On Feb 03, 2020
facenglish:

hmmm! teachers are not well taken care of in most countries, that is why there standard of living quite low

That is not an excuse, there are different approach to teaching, if you one approach is keeping you poor. Change it
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by facenglish: 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
uprof:

That is not an excuse, there are different approach to teaching, if you one approach is keeping you poor. Change it

what type of teaching are you talking about?
Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by uprof(m): 4:56pm On Feb 04, 2020
facenglish:

what type of teaching are you talking about?

Real teaching, teaching people how to solve real life problem by doing it yourself and make money from it

Re: 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life by Distinct123: 8:05pm On Feb 04, 2020
uprof:

what we were thought is live below you means which I think is reasonable but based on what you said can i leave above my means

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Modern 4bedroom Duplex Architectural Design With Flat Roof. / BREAKING: MMM Nigeria Begins Payment Of Outstanding Mavro / Zenith Bank: Fixed Deposit Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.