Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance (4226 Views)

Every Home Has That Smell Unique To It. What Smell Is Unique To Your Home? Pics / Why I Chose To Distance Myself From A Sibling / Cheating Zimbabwean Woman Exposed By Condom & After Sex Smell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by fineboynl(m): 11:10pm On Jan 26, 2020
I told the seller to grand egusi for me with all the ingredients. He brought out a black shit probably animal poo. He asked me if he should put that to it which I obliged.

The soup smell really bad. To the extent that your mouth start selling that shiit.

The other day they grand egusi and ogbono together for me by mistake as I told them to grand separately which I still have in my kitchen unprepared.

I'm tired.
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by IamSalt: 11:13pm On Jan 26, 2020
undecided

Tired of what exactly??
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by psalmsmiles(m): 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2020
your problem is bigger than all of us Only sango can help you

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by chival(f): 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2020
Sorry you have to go through that. The black thing is most likely dawa, a spice that is a variant of locust beans. Next time, be specific about the seller grinding the melon in a machine meant specifically for melon seeds. I can relate because I can't stand that egusi and ogbono mixture. I find it disgusting. Also emphasize that you don't want dawa next time. Pele.

2 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by CAPSLOCKED: 11:31pm On Jan 26, 2020
fineboynl:
I told the seller to grand egusi for me with all the ingredients. He brought out a black shit probably animal poo.

I'm tired.

Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by money121(m): 11:33pm On Jan 26, 2020
Sorry
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by dimmyj(m): 11:34pm On Jan 26, 2020
Too bad
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by frozen70(f): 1:41am On Jan 27, 2020
fineboynl:
I told the seller to grand egusi for me with all the ingredients. He brought out a black shit probably animal poo. He asked me if he should put that to it which I obliged.

The soup smell really bad. To the extent that your mouth start selling that shiit.

The other day they grand egusi and ogbono together for me by mistake as I told them to grand separately which I still have in my kitchen unprepared.

I'm tired.

Next time change hand and give them instructions on what and how you want the grinding to be while you watch them do that

Different tribes have different soup ingredients and only machines grinds then in the market

So some remaining ones could join the ones you are grinding

Alternatively, buy a hand grinder and do that yourself
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by fineboynl(m): 9:30am On Jan 27, 2020
chival:
Sorry you have to go through that. The black thing is most likely dawa, a spice that is a variant of locust beans. Next time, be specific about the seller grinding the melon in a machine meant specifically for melon seeds. I can relate because I can't stand that egusi and ogbono mixture. I find it disgusting. Also emphasize that you don't want dawa next time. Pele.
I believe the Gallic also contributes
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by ifyalways(f): 9:31am On Jan 27, 2020
fineboynl:
You use garlic to make egusi? cheesy

Haa!

2 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by fineboynl(m): 9:39am On Jan 27, 2020
ifyalways:
You use garlic to make egusi? cheesy
Haa!
what are Gallic use for?
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 27, 2020
Hahahaha bro, that black stuff is 'dawa.' Maybe the truth is, you don't know how to cook. You are the type of person that his friends buy thalazole before eating his food. You're not alone grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by fineboynl(m): 12:23pm On Jan 27, 2020
justnock:
Hahahaha bro, that black stuff is 'dawa.' Maybe the truth is, you don't know how to cook. You are the type of person that his friends buy thalazole before eating his food. You're not alone grin grin grin
not true. I'm good cook
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by drmikeadams(m): 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2020
grin grin u sure say no be d red oil u use,,,first time I use yoruba red oil cook ol boy
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by Timileyin1234(m): 2:31pm On Jan 27, 2020
Why can’t u buy ur own blender
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by Themarkethere: 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2020
fineboynl:
Ginger ncur, You no add am?
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by pocohantas(f): 8:40pm On Jan 27, 2020
Stop blending things in the market if you can help it!!!!!

A machine that has been used to blend all manner of things. Different cooking condiments. Finally they throw in yours and it changes the taste/colour of your food in the long run.

Please stop! It is my No1 DON'T in cooking.

2 Likes

Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by Arsenate(m): 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2020
pocohantas:
Stop blending things in the market if you cam help it!!!!!

A machine that has been used to blend all manner of things. Different cooking condiments. Finally they throw in yours and it changes the taste/colour of your food in the long run.

Please stop! It is my No1 DON'T in cooking
The picture of you cooking made me spat out my beer lmfao...
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by pocohantas(f): 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2020
Arsenate:

The picture of you cooking made me spat out my beer lmfao...

You wouldn't even know me if I stand right in front of you. You can only picture what you know- okay?
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by Winneygirl(f): 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2020
Na okpeye be that.
"The smellier, the better"
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by Foodqueen(f): 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2020
Let's take the stress of going to the mkt off you.
It will be deliver to your doorstep.
Re: My Egusi Soup Smell Really Bad. Even From A Distance by Bola146(f): 4:51am On Jan 28, 2020
Timileyin1234:
Why can’t u buy ur own blender

It's better, hygiene and safer.. you can blend anything you like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Necessary To Spank Children? / My Yahoo Neighborh's Testimony / Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.