Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Changing Of System Language From German To English - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Changing Of System Language From German To English (3954 Views)

Change My Laptop Language To English. Window Vista Home Premium. Please Help / Changing Of Nigerian Ip Address To U.s.i.p / Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing Of System Language From German To English by bada1(m): 6:26pm On May 30, 2007
Hello nairalanders grin

10x for the help n info i hav received from this forum. My uncle brought a lappie from germany n wants to use in nigeria but we encounter the problem of changing the German language (i.e the words in the windows dialog box are in German n most windows instructions pop up in german).

Do i change it from the bios or what do i do.

Or should i reinstall windows xp.

waiting for ur reply.

Bada
Re: Changing Of System Language From German To English by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 31, 2007
its best you get a windows xp cd and reinstall.
you'll have to set keyboard settings to US english (or you'll find odd characters when youn type)
(i had the same issue, my laptop is from spain.)

whetter you buy genuine or pirated windows xp is your choice. . . .
Re: Changing Of System Language From German To English by bada1(m): 8:46pm On May 31, 2007
10x for the info.

would give it a try.

l8r
Re: Changing Of System Language From German To English by babzyshe: 11:28am On Apr 16, 2009
- Take another system with the same Operating system in english (XP or Vista) and navigate to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Settings and note the language and Locale options

- Do exactly the same thing on the German speaking OS following the Icon Picture (which will be the same) and ignore the language you can then change the locale and language setting to English from the options given you

grin
Re: Changing Of System Language From German To English by tunde300us(m): 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2009
To change the language from the language selection wont change the german to english.U will need to re-install that ur OS with an english version OS or if u can get a language pack which i doubt
Re: Changing Of System Language From German To English by opes: 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2009
@tunde300us.pls i have the same problem with my sony vgn-p61s. it was in japanesse language.i tried to format using window 7 but didn't work.i wish changing the language to english, after the failed format,if i on the notebook,it will be saying ''OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND''somebody adviced me to get a recovery disk at least to get it back to the previous condition (condition before the failed formatting).somebody said the language cannot be changed.pls i need more information on what to do, pls
Re: Changing Of System Language From German To English by tunde300us(m): 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
@opes,are u sure u did the installation well cos that is the problem i see here.Have u tried installing windows 7 b4 ? incase u have then i think u shld try nd do the installation again.
And i also think there are some things on the bios that u need to change before u can do some installations,but i cannot be sure here cos the laptop isnt with me.
Re: Changing Of System Language From German To English by opes: 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
@tunde300us,thanks for being considerate,the Vaios is working well now,it came originally with 32GIG but i was told the hard drive has problem,i changed to 80Gig and had no problem with the formatting,i installed window XP and am already enjoying my notebook, thanks
Re: Changing Of System Language From German To English by tunde300us(m): 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2010
Good for u ope !
Re: Changing Of System Language From German To English by lovelybobo: 4:08am On Jun 07, 2010
babzyshe:

- Take another system with the same Operating system in english (XP or Vista) and navigate to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Settings and note the language and Locale options

- Do exactly the same thing on the German speaking OS following the Icon Picture (which will be the same) and ignore the language you can then change the locale and language setting to English from the options given you

grin

since english is a default installation language, that should solve the problem.
Re: Changing Of System Language From German To English by textmypage(m): 12:24am On Jun 08, 2010
@all,one of the best topics i have ever read in nairaland.My landlord's last born has a dutch laptop mayb i am gonna do the same thing to help him.
Re: Changing Of System Language From German To English by HTML5: 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2010
babzyshe:

grin

In a case where the System BIOS Language is German, what you guys think should be done,

And you guys did not even ask the dude whether the System BIOS were in German sef.

(1) (Reply)

Which Company Provides Best Internet Service In Kaduna? / How To Start Computer Accessories Sales Business / Whatsapp For PC Download – Whatsapp On PC Or Computer Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.