Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> - Webmasters (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (32313 Views)

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever / What I Hate About Nigerian Web Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by joftech(m): 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2006
The other site is back online, it's so funny that the site has come back with another template defaced shocked shocked.

It's all good sha.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 7:48pm On Mar 29, 2006
Oh now i know which the other site is!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by bezaleel: 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2006
Hey Guys,

Top 10 or top 100, the issue is to show the nigerian web design industry has reached a professional level.
We must all put our errors behind us and strive for higher standards.
We should also aim to correct each other in love.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by ideal: 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2006
Hello Kris, I like what you did on sexynaija.com.
Can you do my site for me?
If its possible, then pls lets talk
email: ikem@cyberlinkhost.com
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by my2cents(m): 8:30pm On Apr 17, 2006
bezaleel,

word up! Gone are the days when it was assumed that companies in naija would pay pple overseas to build their sites. I, for one, am very impressed. Do the guys in naija have some ways to go? In some cases, sure. But hey, at least they have arrived. Half loaf is better than none. Everyone, including urs truly, had to start from somewhere wink
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by Farriel(m): 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2006
Indeed.

And BTW, your comments on the overly-hyped importance of SEO is very good, Kris.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by tpreacha(m): 11:10pm On May 09, 2006
Hey KRIS , i really respect what u r doin, it a good intiative. i am also a web/graphic designer and i have been lookin for a forum to meet with talented nigerians of like minds. my online portfolio is www.niagara-news.com/imm/aalabi/. i know there a really gifted nigerians out there.the word just needs to get out there
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 10:50am On May 31, 2006
@tpreacha: you are on the right track with your work.

Ok guys the www.naijatopten.com site is up!

Well, it's going to be a place for Nigerians to showcase their design talent by creating stuffs like wallpapers, screensavers and other little stuffs. That way you spread the word about yourself.

Check it out at www.naijatopten.com

Peace!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by my2cents(m): 3:41pm On May 31, 2006
kris,

Just checked out the site. I saw no navigation (I literally clicked in a 100 different places, assuming it was hiddent) so I closed my window.

As per your design contest, good idea. I would like to suggest something that would probably bring in more users and designs:

How about each member who signs up pays a minimal fee. Then once a wk or so, you hold a contest for the best design for a subject area chosen by the members. Then the winner takes, say, 20 bucks or whatever you guys come up with. As the site gets more popular and gets more pple, u can then up the prize money accordingly. Before you know it, you could be on CNN and become overnight hits. In the event that u make it big, just remember the source smiley

I hope this helps.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by ajayi1(m): 3:49pm On May 31, 2006
Men, you are all doing great job. But try this web site i designed www.emekaokereke.com
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by my2cents(m): 3:59pm On May 31, 2006
ajayi1,

Suffice it to say that I have given enough reviews of sites, which have all pretty much said the same thing, that I would just say you should do a search on NL for "review" in this webmaster section.

I reserve my comments on the flash esp cos I am not an authority in it. Personally, I try to avoid it cos of potential accessibility and SEO reasons, but I do know that it has its place, especially for sites that have to do with arts and artists.

I will yield the remainder of my time to the flash folks on this forum grin
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 6:25pm On May 31, 2006
@my2cents: Well first let me give you props for your tip, it's a nice one and i think it will be a hit if it's done well. That will be something for the near future.
Well, with the good advice you gave, i take you to be one of the smart Nigerians, but i wonder how you did not see where it says the site is only opens June 20th.

I hope you are getting one or two wallpapers ready for the opening.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by my2cents(m): 7:04pm On May 31, 2006
Well, with the good advice you gave, i take you to be one of the smart Nigerians, but i wonder how you did not see where it says the site is only opens June 20th.

Oga Kris, I don't know whether to take this as an insult or complement (and pls don't use the abused "respect is reciprocal" line in your response either grin)

Anyways, speaking of usability, which is something I am also heavily involved in on the web (in fact, I just came back from a usability session, hence my being late to respond to this wink), about 3 posts up, you did say:
Ok guys the www.naijatopten.com site is up!

This implies, to me anyways, that the site is up for viewing. With the tiny background at top left, all I looked at was that, and nothing else. If I did see a date, again having read up top that the site was up, I probably associated it with 20th June 2005, as technically there was no year stated on there.

As for being smart, i no sabi dat one o! Some pple are known to say some pretty smart stuff but yet aren't exactly what you would call the sharpest knife in the drawer grin
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 8:49pm On May 31, 2006
Ok bros, i'm sorry for the confusion, but the idea is to let people know and give them time to get wallpapers ready to upload.
Make you self work on one o! I guess i should also post this on the graphic design part of the forum. No worry, me i know say you smart.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by my2cents(m): 9:01pm On May 31, 2006
Sorry o,

Me I no dey do graphics o grin

At most, I will take a photoshop or fireworks comp from a designer, cut up the necessary pieces and slap them on a web page. That notwithstanding, I will support the site in whatever way I can.

Cheers!!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 9:12pm On May 31, 2006
Well thanks sha, but to be sincere if you know how to do basic things in photoshop, you could make a simple wallpaper that's nice. But please tell your friends who are Nigerian graphic designers.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by timmy(m): 1:47am On Jun 01, 2006
this kids are still posting, on this thread, na wao!!! (nija top ten dot come "orishirishi)
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by my2cents(m): 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2006
Timmy,

I believe its called addiction grin

and if you have been notified of my reply, I'd say you are addicted too LOL

Remember, the first step for an addict is admitting he/she has a problem wink
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by ajayi1(m): 9:31pm On Jun 01, 2006
Thanks my2cent, i
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by Nobody: 8:56am On May 05, 2007
hey guys , u all tried in ur different sites, kris to u first . ur site is cool but it dosent say much just its just plain there is no clue as to what it offers and ur the first guy i've heard say u dont bother about ur site being indexed, most of ur clients will wanna go thru the search engines and honestly if ur not there forget it then, cus thats one hell of a place to advertise urself, oasis ur turn ur love site just says too much i was tired of reading just too much xplainations not good for a site, a good site should be concise people just wanna go thru not spend there whole time having reading lessons, u had a point about backward compatability with ajax, if ur using something that dosent support older browsers then ur nuts, cus not everyone uses mordern browsers at least u have to create two sites then one for the backward browsers and another for ur mordern peeks i do believe in old skool and when i design i test with all models of browser and honestly ajax is not suited for all, its an emerging technology but lets give it some more time to mature i love its dynamic updating and the fact that it helps reduce bandwidth consumption but as a designer backward compatability is a food for thought.
its good to know there are folks like u guys out there having constructive arguments it helps all of us in this industry. keep it up.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by ipheanyi: 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2007
I need a website built with flash for my company.
Very good site but must be cheap.

Forward your bid to ipheanyi@outgun.com
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by shopkraft(f): 10:08pm On Jul 29, 2007
Hello Kris,

Saw the websites you pointed to and I think its really nice.

I need a vector illustration of Nigeria working class chic (pic must show that she's african) along Marina(the environment should show a commercial zone in lagos that people will respect, not the downtrodden areas)getting into a really expensive car of an older guy(usually called aristo) while a cool handsome young working class guy stands at the bus-stop looking on helplessly.The young guy will be thinking of something in his mind which will show a link to my website. Pic is for a website.

You can contact me at here: allucanbe7z@yahoo.com
I am willing to pay $150 for this design. (Is this a good price?) Pls vector illustration should be clear and detailed. Use of artist own imagination is welcome. But it must be able to match up to international standards. Should be about the size of the illustration below.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/who/character_traits/vanity/2950274_girl_day.php?id=2950274
I'd like the background image to include a particular trendy office. This office will carry my website logo/name(will give website name later)
Since you're in US maybe we can talk on the phone (if you don't mind) to give more details if required. And a link to pay you.

thanks.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by Coldasiyce(m): 9:00pm On Aug 03, 2007
All this talk about web design, I work with a team, I do the graphics and layout. The others do the real coding, only asp.net cos php is so cheap. Anyway, here are some of my most recent works:

www.dpatfoundation.org
www.aftershaveworkshop.org

Please criticize, I'd really appreciate that.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by yinka007(m): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2007
Website design company in Nigeria, Lagos
http://www.spiralteck.com
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by yinka007(m): 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2007
Interesting topic
http://www.spiralteck.com
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by ThePhantom(m): 2:11am On Dec 23, 2007
@ Coldasiyce

What do you mean php is cheat? Asp.net is the one that is cheap. Check most of the big social networking sites(Facebook for example) use Php. Also, Real coders use php, non coders use asp.net.

BTW, nice graphics
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by damolat: 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2008
please how far with this naijatopten.com is it still on or not??
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by taofika: 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2008
JUst incase anybody still needs the info you can check http://www.platgroupng.com/nigeria_directory/computer_directory.php
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by knzguru(m): 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2008
Hello webmasters, i am a young entreprenuer and i need a website as a value added service to my clients. the website is to be a business directory where my clients can control their profiles.

Pls send me an email of your biz details, past clients (with a list of sites u hav developed for them) and a cost estimate for 1)hosting, 2)design and 3)programming. Pls understand dat my budget is not much and i will only respond to proposals within my reach.

I look forward to working with you. thank you

knzguru@yahoo.com
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by olush0la(m): 5:18pm On Nov 24, 2008
It's all EGO speaking,
Clawing and biting to stay relevant,
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by ebukaman(m): 3:06am On Nov 30, 2008
Who is getting and verifying the statistics. As long as this is absence, then grab this opportunity.

2BABA.COM IS CURRENTLY RUNNING PROJECT NAIJA.

Grab this opportunity and get a website for your business with unlimited

features listed below

1. Optimized exposure (100% advertisement channel): A business

owner/individual we have the path to advertise he/her business, because the

website will support various programming language that can be used for

advertising either in text, audio or video.
2. Beautiful and easy to browse.
3. Submission of website to world most used search engines (google, yahoo &

MSN).
4. Six months free maintenance.
5. Standard business layout.
6. Up to 350MB web space.
7. Free Tell a Friend feature.
8. Free Bookmarking Feature. VISIT US TODAY AND GET YOURS. www.2baba.com

2baba! | Your Infotainment Base. webdesign@2baba.com

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by chilaxian: 1:08am On Dec 23, 2008
Hi y'all, It doesn't really fascinate me that you are looking for Nigerian Web Designers. Well, if you find any, endeavour to add my site to your Directory www.chidieberennadi or www.chidieberennadi.net78.net.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dominic Barcity Acquires Two Cars, To Open Multi Million Naira Newspaper Firm / List Of Top Search Engines In The World / Cheap And Reliable Web Hosting Re-seller Account For Web Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.