Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

What Are Your Success Rates On Freelancing Websites Like Fiverr And Upwork? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Are Your Success Rates On Freelancing Websites Like Fiverr And Upwork? (899 Views)

7 Ways To Boost Your Success As A Blogger / Advert Rates On Lindaikeji / How To Make Money Through Freelancing Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Success Rates On Freelancing Websites Like Fiverr And Upwork? by losprince(m): 8:48am On Jan 28, 2020
Hello fellow web developers, I joined Fiverr, upwork, freelancer.com and peopleperhour since 2015 and up till this very moment I haven't landed a single gig or development job on any of those sites. The very few jobs I have done came from people I know offline and some people from nairaland here.

I'd say the worst among them is Fiverr, over there, there is a marathon to the bottom! You'll see people offering web development gigs for as low as 5 dollars, five ducking dollars! What choice do a new seller have other than to cut price in other to keep up with the competition? But still getting gigs are very hard over there.

If you have found success in any of these platforms, please share your stories with the rest of us, perhaps we will learn something from it or be motivated because frankly, freelancing on these sites it's becoming a horror story.
Re: What Are Your Success Rates On Freelancing Websites Like Fiverr And Upwork? by ELibraryNG: 10:31am On Jun 19, 2020
All those people that looking for who to help approve accounts will always avoid threads like this.

They will be advertising free lancing like it's easy

I always ask if it's as easy as it sounds, why will someone leave the whole Dollars and be looking for 1.5k to approves Upwork account for people or be selling 1k video tutorials.
Re: What Are Your Success Rates On Freelancing Websites Like Fiverr And Upwork? by ElRapido: 10:39am On Jun 19, 2020
ELibraryNG:
All those people that looking for who to help approve accounts will always avoid threads like this.

I always ask if it's as easy as it sounds, why will someone leave the whole Dollars and be looking for 1.5k to approves Upwork account for people or be selling 1k video tutorials.

You wouldn't get it.
Re: What Are Your Success Rates On Freelancing Websites Like Fiverr And Upwork? by ElRapido: 10:40am On Jun 19, 2020
losprince:
Hello fellow web developers, I joined Fiverr, upwork, freelancer.com and peopleperhour since 2015 and up till this very moment I haven't landed a single gig or development job on any of those sites. The very few jobs I have done came from people I know offline and some people from nairaland here.

I'd say the worst among them is Fiverr, over there, there is a marathon to the bottom! You'll see people offering web development gigs for as low as 5 dollars, five ducking dollars! What choice do a new seller have other than to cut price in other to keep up with the competition? But still getting gigs are very hard over there.

If you have found success in any of these platforms, please share your stories with the rest of us, perhaps we will learn something from it or be motivated because frankly, freelancing on these sites it's becoming a horror story.

All I can say is focus your energy on one platform and learn everything on that platform. I'll recommend Upwork though.
Re: What Are Your Success Rates On Freelancing Websites Like Fiverr And Upwork? by losprince(m): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2020
ElRapido:

All I can say is focus your energy on one platform and learn everything on that platform. I'll recommend Upwork though.
You recommending Upwork was funny to me because my credits on that platform finished without me getting a single job, I have no intention to renew.

Fiverr on the hand, although being the bottom feeder has seen me get about two gigs total. grin anytime I think of my freelancecapades I just laugh.
Re: What Are Your Success Rates On Freelancing Websites Like Fiverr And Upwork? by ElRapido: 11:52am On Jun 19, 2020
losprince:

You recommending Upwork was funny to me because my credits on that platform finished without me getting a single job, I have no intention to renew.

Fiverr on the hand, although being the bottom feeder has seen me get about two gigs total. grin anytime I think of my freelancecapades I just laugh.

Okay. No problem.
Re: What Are Your Success Rates On Freelancing Websites Like Fiverr And Upwork? by SimeonOTC(m): 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
ELibraryNG:

hahahaahahahahagrin dnt mind themgrin
Re: What Are Your Success Rates On Freelancing Websites Like Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 20, 2020
A web developer whose portfolio website isn't available, that one na developer

Hehehe! No mind me, jare!

Best move is to get your portfolio website up and running, optimize for local search, and run targeted social campaigns.

These moves will prove more effective in landing you jobs, with better pay of course, than all those platforms added together!
Re: What Are Your Success Rates On Freelancing Websites Like Fiverr And Upwork? by losprince(m): 10:50am On Jun 20, 2020
questechie:
A web developer whose portfolio website isn't available, that one na developer

Hehehe! No mind me, jare!

Best move is to get your portfolio website up and running, optimize for local search, and run targeted social campaigns.

These moves will prove more effective in landing you jobs, with better pay of course, than all those platforms added together!
Well said. Every developer needs a good portfolio to display their work.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Commercial Website, How Do I Pay My Clients Bank Accounts Automatically / Top 5 Nigerian Health & Wellness Blog To Follow This 2020 / How To Get Skillshare Premium Account For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.