Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,801 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:25 PM

Jesus Was A Muslim - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was A Muslim (2166 Views)

Jesus Was Not Even A Christian / Jesus Was Not Sent To Save The Whole World - Bible / A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Was A Muslim by Onaolamipo: 5:30am On Dec 10, 2010
Islam is an arabic word which means submission to the creator i.e Allah. And the word muslim is also an arabic word that means anybody who submites himself 2 God. Therefore, islam is the only way 2 paradise
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by seyibrown(f): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
Onaolamipo:

Islam is an arabic word which means submission to the creator i.e Allah. And the word muslim is also an arabic word that means anybody who submites himself 2 God. Therefore, islam is the only way 2 paradise

. . . and the above makes Jesus a Muslim? That'll make me a Muslim, too! grin grin
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2010
seyibrown:

. . . and the above makes Jesus a Muslim? That'll make me a Muslim, too! grin grin
Yes going by the op's logic

Onaolamipo:

Islam is an arabic word which means submission to the creator i.e Allah. And the word muslim is also an arabic word that means anybody who submites himself 2 God.
Therefore, islam is the only way 2 paradise

Are u referencing John's gospel in 14th chapter vs 6? 'i am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by free123: 7:58am On Dec 11, 2010
What then are the teachings of Islam?
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2010
whether jesus is a buddhist, hindu, sikhist, taoist, zoroastrian, jew, biafra, that one no concern me.
I've got better things to worry my mind on.
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by babygat: 10:45pm On Dec 11, 2010
When Jesus appeared b4 his disciples, he greeted them like a Muslim, by saying: “Peace be unto you"
Muslims use the same words to greet Assalaamu Alaikum.
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by seyibrown(f): 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2010
babygat:

When Jesus appeared b4 his disciples, he greeted them like a Muslim, by saying: “Peace be unto you"
Muslims use the same words to greet Assalaamu Alaikum.

babygat, peace be unto you! grin Am I a Muslim now?
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by Ndipe(m): 11:32pm On Dec 11, 2010
seyibrown:

babygat, peace be unto you!  grin Am I a Muslim now?

Funny! cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by karo93: 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2010
Jesus was a jew.he practiced judaism
jesus was a jew and practiced judaism.

Is it that hard to understand?
@op take time to think out certain things before you post.

, or do you consider islam a sub of judaism to be able to call someone who practiced judaism a muslim?
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by seyibrown(f): 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2010
babygat and Onaolamipo,

Please come up with more of 'what qualifies Jesus as a Muslim'. Lets' examine your claims. So far, you have not convinced us that Jesus was a Muslim! grin Bring it on . . . . . . .
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by thehomer: 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2010
Onaolamipo:

But, Islam is actually the submission of man to another man who claims he's from God i.e Allah.
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by PastorAIO: 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2010
thehomer:

But, Islam is actually the submission of man to another man who claims he's from God i.e Allah.
grin
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by Sweetnecta: 9:55pm On Dec 12, 2010
@Thehomer: Is your above that excited the Ifa priest aka PastorAIO to crack a smile not absurd?

If you said that President GEJ loves cowboy hat, and you went shopping for it. If when you bought yours and I bought one as a gift to give the President as you and I visit him, have I obeyed you or appeased you in what I did, or was it the President that I was appeasing? What role did you play except that you led me to the inner desire or what make the President happy?

Just imagine if the President had whispered to your eyes and you and I were the only people who brought him such a "gift" while other came in empty handed. What love would the President might show towards us?

I am very certain that he will remember your face and mine when he tried them on.

Obedience to Muhammad (AS) in this case is similar to my buying the hat since you told me it will make a great impression, the reason you actually spent your money to get one.

The one who will have a greater enjoyment is definitely President GEJ, who may give us the contract to resolve the sewage and sanitation problems of the country.

Imagine PastorAIO who came empty handed thinking that he could dazzle the eastern Nigerian man with Ifa materials or chants only impressive to the likes of OBJ. Do you think if the President was to actually show his displeasure, could he not go so far as to ask the Security Organization to keep the Pastor in a lock up in Kano for his ill presentation?

Muhammad (AS) is the Messenger that God Almighty Allah told His Wishes for man. Muhammad followed these Wishes. If you follow Muhammad to follow the same Wishes, are you obeying Muhammad or just imitating him in Obedience to the Wishes of Allah Who you and Muhammad (AS) obey?

Lay of the pipe and you will smile when it is appropriate to smile. Not when there is an obvious deceit, trying to make Muslims look as if they are doing to Muhammad what the Christians do to Jesus.
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by Sweetnecta: 9:58pm On Dec 12, 2010
whispered to your ears. Sometimes the finger is too slow for the brain.
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by babygat: 1:34am On Dec 13, 2010
@seyibrown
jesus called God Allah, so do Muslims.

Jesus used to greet others by saying Peace be upon you, so do Muslims.

Jesus used to fall on his face while praying, so do Muslims.

Jesus used to fast, so do Muslims.

Mary, mother of Jesus, used to cover her hair, so do Muslim women.

If both Jesus and Mary (peace be upon them both) were on this earth today, they would be more like muslims than any other people on earth.
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by seyibrown(f): 2:38am On Dec 13, 2010
[b]
jesus called God Allah, so do Muslims.

1. Jesus did not call God 'Allah' in the Bible! Please show me where you found it!

Jesus used to greet others by saying Peace be upon you, so do Muslims.

2. Please see John 14:27. His peace 'is not like' the world gives. Besides, saying 'Peace be unto you' DOES NOT make anyone a Muslim!

Jesus used to fall on his face while praying, so do Muslims.

3. Have you ever worshipped at the Celestial Church of Christ? If you had , you would have found out that they fall on their faces too. Do you know what positions people assume when praying in the privacy of their homes? It includes falling on one's face, 'full prostration' (as seen at Yoruba Weddings by the Groom, younger family members and his friends before they get the Bride grin), walk about, jumping, rolling on the floor etc.  grin

4. Christians, Jews and Bhuddist Monks fast too!

Jesus used to fast, so do Muslims.

5. It was the manner of Jewish women (in the time of Mary) to cover their hair; and 'Deeper Life Bible Church' women do too. Does that make them Muslims? And Muslim women who do not cover their hair, does that make them non-muslims? Do you cover your hair?

If both Jesus and Mary (peace be upon them both) were on this earth today, they would be more like muslims than any other people on earth.

I disagree on numerous points of which I list only a few below:
1.On the stoning of Adulterers:
Jesus said: HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN SHOULD CAST THE FIRST STONE. Christianity stones nobody to death for committing adultery.
Mohammed commands stoning. Islam stones adulteresses to death.

2. Killing:
Jesus did not Kill anybody
Mohammed killed plenty

3. Relationship to the Almighty
Jesus is the Son of God
Mohammed is the slave of Allah

4. Relationship with Neighbours
Jesus repeated and followed God commandments: LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR
Mohammed followed and preached Allah's comandments: 'FIGHT AND SLAY' YOUR NON-MUSLIM NEIGHBOURS

5. Relaying the message
Jesus practised what he 'preached' and his message never changed
Mohammed preached what he 'practised' and his message was constantly changing

6:Compassion
Jesus healed and gave his disciples authority to do so to
Mohammed never healed but maimed and gave his followers authority to do same (as seen in Shariah)[/b]

[center]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Peace'  grin, seriously, 'Peace' be unto you; not the kind of 'Peace' the world gives ('peace through political correctness' that allows suicide bombs to become the fad)!  but the kind of 'Peace' that makes you LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR that is found in the
ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/center]
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by pocketndry: 7:29am On Dec 13, 2010
Jesus is not a Muslim. He is a healer, alpha and omega, omniscience, omnipresence. The life and the way. Without Him your life is in a mess. He is faithful, never lie nor kill. He is merciful, compassion, slow to anger.
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by thehomer: 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@Thehomer: Is your above that excited the Ifa priest aka PastorAIO to crack a smile not absurd?

No it's not. Please consider it from my view.

Sweetnecta:

If you said that President GEJ loves cowboy hat, and you went shopping for it. If when you bought yours and I bought one as a gift to give the President as you and I visit him, have I obeyed you or appeased you in what I did, or was it the President that I was appeasing? What role did you play except that you led me to the inner desire or what make the President happy?

Just imagine if the President had whispered to your eyes and you and I were the only people who brought him such a "gift" while other came in empty handed. What love would the President might show towards us?

I am very certain that he will remember your face and mine when he tried them on.

What if I only claimed to work for the president and that I was the one that actually liked the hat? Added to this, each time you wish to see the president to give him the gift, you had to go past me. You would hand the hat over to me entreating me to pass it along to the president and you of course know what happens next.

Sweetnecta:

Obedience to Muhammad (AS) in this case is similar to my buying the hat since you told me it will make a great impression, the reason you actually spent your money to get one.

No I may be lying or mistaken.

Sweetnecta:

The one who will have a greater enjoyment is definitely President GEJ, who may give us the contract to resolve the sewage and sanitation problems of the country.

Maybe if he's actually there and if that's what he actually wants. Who knows?

Sweetnecta:

Imagine PastorAIO who came empty handed thinking that he could dazzle the eastern Nigerian man with Ifa materials or chants only impressive to the likes of OBJ. Do you think if the President was to actually show his displeasure, could he not go so far as to ask the Security Organization to keep the Pastor in a lock up in Kano for his ill presentation?

Maybe that's what he actually likes because I could have been lying to you.

Sweetnecta:

Muhammad (AS) is the Messenger that God Almighty Allah told His Wishes for man. Muhammad followed these Wishes. If you follow Muhammad to follow the same Wishes, are you obeying Muhammad or just imitating him in Obedience to the Wishes of Allah Who you and Muhammad (AS) obey?

Lay of the pipe and you will smile when it is appropriate to smile. Not when there is an obvious deceit, trying to make Muslims look as if they are doing to Muhammad what the Christians do to Jesus.

Meh, that's what the Muslims say now. It's also what the Greeks said in the past and what the Ifa priests said in the times past.
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by doublekay: 7:52am On Dec 14, 2010
how can one be a member of a religon that didnt exist when he existed or dont you know that christianity is older than the islamic religion
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by vedaxcool(m): 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2010
Jesus submitted ghimself to the Most high God, whom Jesus willfully obeyed calling himself under the presence of ALLAH a servant of God. This makes him a Muslim.Unlike His followers who have taken into Idol worshipping and Underming the Law of God by claiming they leave under grace, but they fail to reliase that all sinners shall go to hell grace or no grace, there is no place for someone who accepts sinning as a grace gift. grin
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by seyibrown(f): 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2010
Allah was not in existence anywhere 'near' Jesus. He is an 'idol' that was promoted as the 'chief of all pagan gods' some 600 years  after Jesus' death.  grin. Allah is not into Miracles and could not give Mohammed his messenger the power to carry out any. He CANNOT therefore be the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses who did many!

Afefe ti fe, ati ri furo adie!   grin
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by vedaxcool(m): 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2010
Call Jesus a Liar if you like but he called himself a servant of ALLAH.Period grin grin grin ;DCry if you want to.
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by Ndipe(m): 12:14am On Dec 15, 2010
vedaxcool:

Call Jesus a Liar if you like but he called himself a servant of ALLAH.Period grin grin grin ;DCry if you want to.

REad the bottom page of this link.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/moongod.htm
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by pocketndry: 1:50am On Dec 15, 2010
thehomer, you better pick race from Muslim. The day God will open your eyes you will shade tears and feel ashamed of mentioning Islam. lipsrsealed
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by vedaxcool(m): 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2010
seyibrown:

Allah is not into Miracles and could not give Mohammed his messenger the power to carry out any. He CANNOT therefore be the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses who did many!

Afefe ti fe, ati ri furo adie!   grin[/b]

"An evil and aldultrous Generation seeketh after a Sign" - Jesus condems miracle seekers as being evil and adultrous. Seyibrown shey you they see? Abeg no allow Jesus words they slap you for face
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by Onaolamipo: 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2010
Everybody  believes that both Quran and  Bible are from God.
While Bible came before quran. But in Quran it was revealed that some followers of Jesus christ (ISSAH in Quran) believed that he was son of God.
When Quran came, he let us know that God has no son  Q: 112 verse 1-5.
God also told us in Quran that He created Jesus as he created ADAM. Both had no father. He said, it was by His command ( be and it should be).
God does not tell lies.
We, muslims believe in all scriptures of God.Either Quran or Bible.
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by UyiIredia(m): 7:11pm On Dec 15, 2010
it is OP (off point) posts like this one which make empathize with Mudley SOMETIMES

thumbs up to homer for his patience in dealing with the topic >>> and mine grin
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by seyibrown(f): 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2010
Onaolamipo:

Everybody  believes that both Quran and  Bible are from God.[/b]While Bible came before quran. But in Quran it was revealed that some followers of Jesus christ (ISSAH in Quran) believed that he was son of God.
When Quran came, he let us know that God has no son  Q: 112 verse 1-5.
God also told us in Quran that He created Jesus as he created ADAM. Both had no father. He said, it was by His command ( be and it should be).
God does not tell lies.

[b]I am sorry, I do not believe the Quran is from God. Islam tells me is from Allah. Many NL Muslims do not believe that the Bible (in circulation today) is from God. Check threads.

[center]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF GOD IS A MUSLIM, HE PRAYS 5 TIMES DAILY; IF GOD IS A CHRISTIAN, HE GOES TO CHURCH ON SUNDAYS! THE ONE WHO PRACTICES RELIGION IS SUBJECT TO THAT RELIGION! GOD IS NOT SUBJECT TO RELIGION! GOD DOES NOT HAVE A RELIGION! HE HAS A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS CHILDREN!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/center]

[quote][/quote]
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by Sweetnecta: 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2010
@thehomer and PastorAIO: « #10 on: December 12, 2010, 07:48 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Onaolamipo on December 10, 2010, 05:30 AM

Report to moderator Logged
Pastor AIO

Re: Jesus Was A Muslim
« #11 on: December 12, 2010, 09:14 PM »

Quote from: thehomer on December 12, 2010, 07:48 PM
Grin[/Quote]While thehomer's lie was bad enough to make Pastor Onifade bust a grin, both of you are not aware that the Quran over 1400 years before answered by chapter 60 verse 12, where Allah states that Muhammad should be obeyed in "What is Good". This is also saying that you can disobey Muhammad if you want, but a believer must never disobey Muhammad (AS) in what is Good.

So I ask thehomer who is lying and the pastor who is grinning, is there a blanketed submission to Muhammad is that verse which clearly permits disobedience to him in what is not good?
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by bashydemy(m): 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2010
seyibrown:

I am sorry, I do not believe the Quran is from God. Islam tells me is from Allah. Many NL Muslims do not believe that the Bible (in circulation today) is from God. Check threads.

hey Seyi we all know God is an english name of the creator the most high, so can you tell me the meaning of God in Yoruba,Ibo,Hausa,Greek,Arab,French, etc and let me know if all are not driving at the same point you need to seek more knowledge as Muhammad say we should seek knowledge no matter how far it is even if it has to be in China
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by Sweetnecta: 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2010
@Seyibrown: « #27 on: Today at 07:19:21 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Onaolamipo on Today at 06:10:19 PM
Everybody  believes that both Quran and  Bible are from God.While Bible came before quran. But in Quran it was revealed that some followers of Jesus christ (ISSAH in Quran) believed that he was son of God.
When Quran came, he let us know that God has no son  Q: 112 verse 1-5.
God does not tell lies.

I am sorry, I do not believe the Quran is from God. Islam tells me is from Allah. Many NL Muslims do not believe that the Bible (in circulation today) is from God. Check threads.[/Quote]How does the bold negates Allah from being called by Yusuf Islam formerly Cat Stevens of the 1970s British Rock Era? You will tell a british muslim who says My God is not talking about Allah? Seyi from Yorubaland wants to deny Oyinbo muslims the usage of God the same way she may want to deny me, a yoruba muslim from using Oluwa for Allah when I am discussing with my muslim mom.
Re: Jesus Was A Muslim by Sweetnecta: 8:18pm On Dec 15, 2010
And God is not the Author or Revealer of the Bible. Even the Jews who are your bosses in salvation, according to your Bible dont even believe that the Bible is from God.

The Muslims did not say anything new here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evidence Of Juju / Norman Vincent Peale Was A Freemason / Why Is The Virgin Birth Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.