Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,932 members, 7,845,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

I Want To Touch Lives – Blind UNIZIK Student - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Want To Touch Lives – Blind UNIZIK Student (143 Views)

3 Techniques And Areas To Touch That Will Make Her Dripping Wet And Beg You For / LADIES WEAK POINT – 6 Places Girls Want You To Touch Them / Unizik Student Organizes 'the Vote In Peace Campaign' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Touch Lives – Blind UNIZIK Student by fidesnigeria: 10:35am On Jan 29, 2020
Messiah Edet, a blind student of Sociology Department, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State, says his aim in life is to touch lives notwithstanding his perceived disabilities. Mr Edet made this known last Thursday at Uzondu Microfinance Bank, Arthur Eze Avenue, Awka in a chat with Fides.

Fides gathered that despite his disabilities, Edet is a known motivational writer who is currently working on his book titled, ''Hope for the Blind”. The book, which according to him, was a six-chapter story about himself, came from an inspiration he got from his first year in school, when a lecturer asked them to write about themselves.

According to Edet, he at first thought there was nothing interesting to write about himself but after much contemplation he decided to write something which he realized could inspire others.

'I never knew I could write that well, but now I am convinced that the world needs to read my story and be inspired,' he said.

While admitting that as individuals, challenge was inevitable, he said his major challenge was sourcing for funds to publish his book in order to reignite his passion, which, he said, seemed to be growing cold.

He hoped that in the next five years, he would be one of the world's best writers.

Speaking on the effort of the government in assisting the physically challenged, Edet expressed disappointment at what he described as the lukewarm attitude of the government towards people with disability.

Edet urged government to provide typewriters in schools, as it could be expensive for an average student to acquire.

He also noted that this would ease the burden of carrying personal heavy typewriters about and risking misplacing them in public transport as he once did, causing him to miss an examination because he forgot his typewriter after alighting from a bus that took him to school.

Edet advised persons living with disability to always believe in themselves, never give up and never let anyone write them off, noting that there was ability in disability.

He finally urged the general public to always care for disabled people, noting that such people needed help as they carried out their engagements.

[url]https://fidesnigeria.org/news/1580142129/i-want-to-touch-lives-%E2%80%93-blind-unizik-student[/url]

Lalasticlala
Seun

(1) (Reply)

Amazon Seller Account Deactivated / Simple Guide To Online Reputation Management For Smes / AFDB Unveils African Economic Outlook 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.