Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch (2175 Views)

Meet Ellen Baby, Danish Comedian With A Very Big Bum And Big Heart For Africa (P / "How My Sister, Alizee, Was Killed By Danish Husband, Peter Nielsen" (Graphic) / Police Arrest Peter Nielsen, Alizee's Danish Husband, For Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by eric12345: 1:56am On Jan 31, 2020
Danish aid worker, Lovén marks 4 years since the rescue of child branded a witch in Akwa Ibom

Four years ago, January 30, 2016, Danish aid worker Anja Ringgren Lovén was photographed giving water to a severely emaciated 2-year-old boy, who she rescued after he was branded a witch by his family and left to starve to death in Akwa Ibom.

The child wandered the streets for months when Anja got a phone call and immediately led a rescue team including her husband David Emmanuel Umem, to bring the child to the Children’s Education and Development Foundation (ACAEDF) aka “Land of Hope” named after the boy.

Click here for latest news

On Thursday, January 30, 2020, Anja posted new photos of Hope to mark the anniversary.

She described Hope as a “very strong, intelligent, funny and beautiful young boy who despite all odds, survived” and despite his young age, knows that hate is to great a burden to bear.

Read her post below:

“Today is the 30 of January 2020, and today is exactly 4 years ago we rescued Hope. I think most people in the world has seen or heard about the famous picture of Hope and I, where I kneel down in front of his starving malnourished body to give him water.
I don´t want to share the picture today. Instead I want to share pictures of Hope how he looks like today, 4 years after the rescue. A very strong, intelligent, funny and beautiful young boy who despite all odds, survived !
Hope has seen the famous picture of him and I many times. He will point at himself to say that it’s him on the picture, and then he will smile, as if he was proud. But I know it’s not about pride. Children are born with the ability to forgive. Children are born with no prejudices. It is when children are taught what to think and not how to think, we fail as a society.
Do we raise Hope to hate his parents that abandoned him, accused him of being a witch and left him alone on the street to die ? No, ofcourse not.
Superstition is caused by lack of structural education, extreme poverty, religious fanaticism and corruption. No society can develop if it’s people are deprived basic human rights such as access to education, health care and social protection.
Education is the most powerful investment in a society and the greatest weapon against ignorance.
Like all our 74 children, Hope goes to school every day. School is the foremost fountain of knowledge children can be exposed to.
Despite his young age, and after 4 years in our care, Hope knows that hate is to great a burden to bear. All we need is love
As I have said many times before, Hope was not rescued by only me. Hope was rescued by David Emmanuel Umem , Nsidibe Orok and I, and for 4 years now he has been loved, protected and cared for by all our staff and children at Land of Hope.
Look at my Hopiiiiii Is he not just the most handsome boy in the world ?
I also wanted a picture of him with Orok and David together, but David was busy ( probably sitting under a tree, drinking palm wine and discussing politics with the village men ) noooooo ofcourse not. David is working on a project he will soon reveal
But our Director of Child Development, all the children’s, including Hope’s, favorite human being in the entire world, Orok was ready to make styles with Hope on this very special day
We love you Hopiiii ! Go conquer the world”

See new photos of Hope through below link;

https://www.naijanewsgist.com/news/danish-aid-worker-loven/
Re: Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by Nobody: 1:57am On Jan 31, 2020
This is news. The type I love reading. A welcome break from oloshoism,weeping men who can't handle their homes,deaths and terrorism.
Re: Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by Bluezy13(m): 3:04am On Jan 31, 2020
Shibaraba:
This is news. The type I love reading. A welcome break from oloshoism,weeping men who can't handle their homes,deaths and terrorism.
It is commendable.

Re: Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by HacheNoire: 3:12am On Jan 31, 2020
Love is the true religion.

Not all this Middle East problems we call religion imported into Africa to brainwash the gullible.

1 Like

Re: Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by Mjshexy(f): 4:25am On Jan 31, 2020
Wow...this is great news, thank God for using her.
Re: Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by Realhommie(m): 7:17am On Jan 31, 2020
Lovely.. Life would be so simple and make a lot of meaning if only we'll let love lead. This lady endeared herself to millions with this singular act, see how cute the lil boy is today, such a beautiful soul filled with life.

I pray Hope grows up to become someone very influential and powerful so the parents will forever regret their stupid actions.. And that pastor who labeled him a 'witch' and condemned him to death, he and his likes will meet with God's judgement eventually...
Re: Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by Realhommie(m): 7:19am On Jan 31, 2020
HacheNoire:
Love is the true religion.

Not all this Middle East problems we call religion imported into Africa to brainwash the gullible.

E.O.D
Re: Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by Houseofglam7(f): 9:23am On Jan 31, 2020
cry
Re: Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by hammerU: 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2020
Mjshexy:

Dis MJ way dey for your name sef...

U be Michael Jackson sister?

I will come back with more question relating to your name.

The name is of interest to me.

U may go for now, but will be required for more questioning later.

Ur not under arrest yet.

1 Like

Re: Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by hammerDK: 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2021
Mjshexy:

hammerU:

Dis MJ way dey for your name sef...

U be Michael Jackson sister?

I will come back with more question relating to your name.

The name is of interest to me.

U may go for now, but will be required for more questioning later.

Ur not under arrest yet.

Ok, u even caught my eye earlier and am the last person u followed. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I guess, we already started that dance. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by Mjshexy(f): 2:07am On Feb 21, 2021
hammerDK:

Ok, u even caught my eye earlier and am the last person u followed. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I guess, we already started that dance. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Thanks sir, well the MJ is simply the prefix to my name
Re: Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by hammerDK: 10:55am On Feb 21, 2021
Mjshexy:

Let me guess, Mide Jackson or Michelle Jagaban.(jakande) grin

At least, one is correct. wink

Dont tell me the name yet, I like the puzzle and exploration.

I am trying to unravel the damsel or diamond that have caught my attention.

1 Like

Re: Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by hammerDK: 9:18am On Feb 22, 2021
Mjshexy:
hammerDK:

Let me guess, Mide Jackson or Michelle Jagaban.(jakande) grin

At least, one is correct. wink

Dont tell me the name yet, I like the puzzle and exploration.

I am trying to unravel the damsel or diamond that have caught my attention.

Which one is your name here?

I got one correct and if I get two, let me guess the second one. grin
Re: Danish Aid Worker, Lovén Marks 4 Years Since The Rescue Of Child Branded A Witch by hammerDK: 7:17am On Feb 23, 2021
Mjshexy:

Ok, maybe none is correct, how about mojisola jimoh? Am trying to guess 1 of your names.

Mo wa persistent...kolelo...

Ba mi soro... cool

Mojisola oloru femi Ooooo, ma yi lo se... kiss kiss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Actor Stephanie Okereke Stuns In New Photos As She Displays Her Love For Nature / Kiddwaya Surprise Visit Erica Hotel Room In Dubai (video) / This Is Hot” – Fans React As Actress Mo Bimpe Rocks Towel In Bathroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.