Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,796 members, 7,841,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

For Those That Run From One Big Church To Another, Please Read - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Those That Run From One Big Church To Another, Please Read (287 Views)

Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day / Four Powerful Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those That Run From One Big Church To Another, Please Read by chrisnwoke1(m): 7:33am On Feb 01, 2020
*FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT RUN FROM ONE BIG CHURCH TO ANOTHER EVERY SUNDAY, THIS IS THE BIG MISTAKE YOU MIGHT BE MAKING...*

You may be among the MULTITUDE that like where things are happening..
You may be among the many that hates to identify with UNPOPULAR PLACES where the gathering is not much, but please hear this brief experience and try to REASON WITH ME.

Few years ago before I launched out into Ministry I used to visit every popular Church in town to listen to the Preacher Preach.
I wanted to be where it is happening...

Time was going, days where passing by and I noticed that rather than GROW STRONGER in spiritual things, I was rather becoming MORE AMBITIOUS and hoping for the day I will command such crowd and influence.
I PERCEIVED that most people that came for Worship either came for the fun of it or for some possible connection with top shots in the city...
Our motives were wrong!

There was hardly times for PERSEVERING PRAYERS in most of the places I visited.

Air Conditioners were used to CONDITION SOME OF US TO LUKEWARMNESS and when there was a call to Prayer, it is always a maximum of 5 minutes, if it did happen.
We cared for testimonies, we didn't care for Prayers.

The times I heard people Pray more was when
"The Holy Ghost was to be sent as an assassin to assassinate one enemy or another, either in the village or in somebody's father's house..." (Selah).

Then, God interrupted me and asked me to start Worshipping with a Church with less than 70 members, but their services were packed with Holy Fire.

Since the Church was at the backyard axis of my house with a very unpleasant road network that I even used to pass through heavy dirty water logs on my way for each service.

I would fold my trousers and remove my shoes to cross the water just to attend their services each time.

Guess what? I MET GOD THERE.
I was launched into deeper dimensions of Prayers that I hardly used to return home from Church without my shirts soaked, not with water but with sweats born from GROANINGS and TRAVAILS in the spirit during each service.

I hardly used to return home without FIRING TONGUES from the Church till I enter my house...I mean, the fire was too much that I used to Pray for time to go during the week so that I can meet up with the two services of the week, not minding the water logs on the way side.

I received several levels of SPIRITUAL ANOINTING in that small Church (a big spiritual Church in the eyes of God) for the few years I stayed.
Bless God!

I met with the God of true spiritual fire in that small Church, where I would have been WASTING TIME in the big Churches where we were pursuing vain glory with calls for Prayer that doesn't exceed five minutes. Dear Lord!

God connected me with the very persons that became partners to my global teaching ministry till now and it was during my fire contact in that small Church that God sent me forth and raised these blessed partners.
Bless God!
Today, we are not yet at the place of Glory but STILL ON THE WAY TO GLORY...with lives TRANSFORMING EVERYWHERE through our TEACHINGS.
www.gagsermons.com

May God give us the understanding that helps men not to waste seasons.

Having a mega Church is good...I don't condemn it beloved.
We will run a mega Praying Church in very few years to come, certainly.

BUT THIS IS MY EMPHASIS,
Don't hide in a crowd where God will seek for you and not be able to find you to anoint. Selah!

PRAY WITH ME:
"Dear Holy Ghost,
Please Not Tomorrow...
Not Next-Tomorrow...
I NEED YOU NOW, NOW!

Apostle Christian Nwoke

https://m.facebook.com/apostlechristiannwokegag/?ref=m_notif&notif_t=page_post_reaction

WhatsApp/Call
+2347032469360
Re: For Those That Run From One Big Church To Another, Please Read by paxonel(m): 8:15am On Feb 01, 2020
chrisnwoke1:

I was rather becoming MORE AMBITIOUS and hoping for the day I will command such crowd and influence.
not everyone want to be a pastor and command a crowd.
People like us we want to enjoy every bit of the service not going into too much long prayers, what for?

And I remember, it was one of these big churches that the pastor asked every congregation to shake hands with the next person and introduced themselves freely. Luckily, the next person beside was a billionaire and i just finished my nysc that same year. Something told me to tell the man i needed a job and he gave me his contact and asked me to foward my CV to his e-mail and that's how i got my first job.

I later discovered that this same person, people applied for weeks just to see him in his office.
Re: For Those That Run From One Big Church To Another, Please Read by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 01, 2020
This is a revelation many Christians fail to understand.
I know many Christian friends who would lose interest if the church is not on TV, renowned in the city or with a popular G.O. And sadly, many ministers in the desperate bid to catch up with such expectations, deviate from their calling and from God to seek those vain glories. Their ambition become when they will enter such 'rest' than salvation of souls.

2 Likes

Re: For Those That Run From One Big Church To Another, Please Read by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 01, 2020
I didn’t read all this long talk. Please help me to explain the attached pics. laws of geometry teach us that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line with our current understanding of geography we know for a fact the distance from Egypt to Israel is bout 613km Buh it too lik Moses 40years to get their, let’s do a little maths on an average they travelled bout 43 meters. For those who don’t understand distance in measurement. Usian bolt (google if u don’t know who he is) was doing almost half of that in 5 seconds. Can you please help me understand this?? After that let’s talk bout how the first 4 creation story happened.

(1) (Reply)

Biden Unveils Vast LGBT Plan Overturning Trump's Religious Liberty Protections / Tips To Quench Your Anger / Tanzania Country Remain The Only Africa Country To Shut Down Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.