Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,914 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Worst Job Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Worst Job Experience (1624 Views)

Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria / Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses / 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst Job Experience by ubongga(m): 7:38am On Feb 01, 2020
A great sadness cloud my heart as I share this story with you guys, I got a job with First bank Oron Branch, Akwa Ibom state on December 9th last year, after undergoing youth service(nysc) at sokoto state, I return home to begin my own experience of job hunting which lasted for a year then finally it seems God have answered my mum's prayers or so I thought, I got a mail from *Whyt Cleon*, a recruiting agency, stating I should resume work immediately at First Bank Oron branch, Akwa ibom state, with gladness and some doubt in my heart, I hurriedly shared the information with my parent, they advised me to go and see if the information was true, which I did,
behold when I got there I was immediately engaged and brief on what to do, when I got home I shared the information with my mum, she was so excited that she began to roll on the floor, thanking God for a job I just got., after working for 2 weeks another mail was sent to me(note this mail contained a link to a site, for me to fill and submit, for salary process) which I diligently filled with all honesty, note in the form I filled on the link I got from the mail, its was clearly stated that the age limit was 30 years. Now fast forward to 31th of January last month, I went to the head of business(hbs) to complain about delay of my close to 2 month salary, he replied by saying I shouldn't be worried that I will be paid, before this day, my colleague were paid while we that was just employed were yet to receive our salary, after complaining to the management, out of three of us that was newly employed, one was paid while the two of us wasn't, just after the close of work on the 31st of January 2020, two of us were called in for briefing, but what we got from the meeting was a news that we never expected, the news stated that the management have disengaged us due to age limit,
I was shock and was also wondering what I will tell my parent who were already happy., the annoying part is that everybody in my area and church are all aware that I work in a bank.
The question is why didn't they inform us earlier?

:-XA great sadness cloud my heart as I share this story with you guys, I got a job with First bank Oron Branch, Akwa Ibom state on December 9th last year, after undergoing youth service(nysc) at sokoto state, I return home to begin my own experience of job hunting which lasted for a year then finally it seems God have answered my mum's prayers or so I thought, I got a mail from *Whyt Cleon*, a recruiting agency, stating I should resume work immediately at First Bank Oron branch, Akwa ibom state, with gladness and some doubt in my heart, I hurriedly shared the information with my parent, they advised me to go and see if the information was true, which I did,
behold when I got there I was immediately engaged and brief on what to do, when I got home I shared the information with my mum, she was so excited that she began to roll on the floor, thanking God for a job I just got., after working for 2 weeks another mail was sent to me(note this mail contained a link to a site, for me to fill and submit, for salary process) which I diligently filled with all honesty, note in the form I filled on the link I got from the mail, its was clearly stated that the age limit was 30 years. Now fast forward to 31th of January last month, I went to the head of business(hbs) to complain about delay of my close to 2 month salary, he replied by saying I shouldn't be worried that I will be paid, before this day, my colleague were paid while we that was just employed were yet to receive our salary, after complaining to the management, out of three of us that was newly employed, one was paid while the two of us wasn't, just after the close of work on the 31st of January 2020, two of us were called in for briefing, but what we got from the meeting was a news that we never expected, the news stated that the management have disengaged us due to age limit,
I was shock and was also wondering what I will tell my parent who were already happy., the annoying part is that everybody in my area and church are all aware that I work in a bank.
The question is why didn't they inform us earlier?
Re: Worst Job Experience by Tchalz(m): 7:45am On Feb 01, 2020
My brother, it is well! This age limit sha has been the bane of some us. God has better plans for you

1 Like

Re: Worst Job Experience by popsy2(m): 7:47am On Feb 01, 2020
chai
Re: Worst Job Experience by ubongga(m): 8:19am On Feb 01, 2020
Tchalz:
My brother, it is well! This age limit sha has been the bane of some us. God has better plans for you
Thanks, am greatful... My worries is that why engage us for close to 2 month when they know that we didn't meet age requirement. #sosad

3 Likes

Re: Worst Job Experience by joobseekar: 8:41am On Feb 01, 2020
they should at least pay you guys for the 2 months job done. And when they eventually pay, please use it to start small hustle that you can always fall back on, while hoping and working on something bigger.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Job Experience by ubongga(m): 8:57am On Feb 01, 2020
joobseekar:
they should at least pay you guys for the 2 months job done. And when they eventually pay, please use it to start small hustle that you can always fall back on, while hoping and working on something bigger.
Thx for your advise, just hope they pay

1 Like

Re: Worst Job Experience by airex(m): 11:33am On Feb 01, 2020
Small job u get, the whole church, community, surroundings and village don hear.

11 Likes

Re: Worst Job Experience by drmikeadams(m): 12:32pm On Feb 01, 2020
airex:
Small job u get, the whole church, community, surroundings and village don hear.
grin grin grin grin naija mentality

4 Likes

Re: Worst Job Experience by ubongga(m): 2:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
airex:
I guess u wouldn't understand if I try to explain to you that am a worker in my church, thus when I wasn't in the church for ds period, question was ask and answer was giving to it.

4 Likes

Re: Worst Job Experience by ubongga(m): 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin grin naija mentality
Am proud of it man
Re: Worst Job Experience by Avast(m): 3:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
ubongga:

Am proud of it man
No employment letter?
Re: Worst Job Experience by ubongga(m): 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2020
Avast:
. No employment letter?
I received it
Re: Worst Job Experience by cutebobo(m): 4:44pm On Feb 01, 2020
So sorry for you dear. Christ will provide another.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Job Experience by OiOi: 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2020
Where you paid the 2 months you were being owed or you were not paid?

You missed out that part.
Re: Worst Job Experience by OiOi: 5:49pm On Feb 01, 2020
airex:
Mr man. Getting employed in a bank is a joyous thing.
Even if you don't tell people, they will mos-def see you in the bank.

1 Like

Re: Worst Job Experience by airex(m): 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
OiOi:
Mr man. Getting employed in a bank is a joyous thing.
Even if you don't tell people, they will mos-def see you in the bank.
oga. Getting a job in which bank is a joyous thing? These days that there are no career bankers but contract staff. What's there to be joyous about?
Re: Worst Job Experience by ubongga(m): 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2020
OiOi:
Where you paid the 2 months you were being owed or you were not paid?

You missed out that part.
I wasn't pay at all
That was y we complain.
Re: Worst Job Experience by SimeonOTC(m): 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
airex:

hahahahahahahahahahahahgrin

o.p say "the annoying part is that everybody in 'my area' and church are all aware that I work in a bank." ;Dhahahahahahahagrin

i no fit laughooohgringrin
Re: Worst Job Experience by airex(m): 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2020
SimeonOTC:

hahahahahahahahahahahahgrin

o.p say "the annoying part is that everybody in 'my area' and church are all aware that I work in a bank." ;Dhahahahahahahagrin

i no fit laughooohgringrin
lolz, no mind am, na jjc
Re: Worst Job Experience by CsRockefeller(m): 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
airex:
lolz, no mind am, na jjc

Let people celebrate their small wins. Every hand isn't equal.

1 Like

Re: Worst Job Experience by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 02, 2020
my humble advice pls relocate to another state n start afresh e.g Lagos
Re: Worst Job Experience by ubongga(m): 11:21am On Feb 02, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Let people celebrate their small wins. Every hand isn't equal.
Thx Really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Worst Job Experience by ubongga(m): 11:21am On Feb 02, 2020
Kenlinks546:
my humble advice pls relocate to another state n start afresh e.g Lagos
Will consider that

(1) (Reply)

Jobs In Jamaica|work In Jamaica / Cbn Recruiting It Gurus / First Bank Is Recruiting Exceutive Trainees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.