Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) (65954 Views)

Trailer On Fire On River Niger Bridge, Onitsha (Photos) / Snake Killed Inside 'Goodness & Mercy' Bus Going To Onitsha (Photos) / Ghastly Motor Accident At Army Gate Onitsha - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by goodnessme1(f): 11:15am On Feb 02, 2020
obiekunie2:

stop the stupid propaganda!

the average northerner hates the igbo man with everything in him - thats why any slightest opportunity he will use it to attack and kill him!

tell me - how many times have you heard an igbo man attacked any of the numerous northern brothers of your residing in the east!

we know you are an aboki that grew up in igbo land i will advise you to go to your northern brothers and preach them to understand that the average igbo man doesnt hate them nor have time to hate anybody at that - we are just after our peaceful survival!
You spoke well.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by moscobabs(m): 11:19am On Feb 02, 2020
Op give us update on 2nd niger bridge construction

2 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by BeijinDossier: 11:21am On Feb 02, 2020
Onitsha is the economic capital of SE.

4 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by XANDERBOY85: 11:22am On Feb 02, 2020
HacheNoire:

Chest beating starts

NO! It's badbelle, not minding ones fuc'king business and bile that's about to start! wink

7 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by XANDERBOY85: 11:28am On Feb 02, 2020
Are all these businesses paying the right tax to the state gov't? It doesn't make sense that Anambra has these plenty number of industries and other businesses, yet they don't record at least 4 billion naira per-month in IGR!

And can someone in gov't please send staff down to that industrial area on a sunday to sweep the streets of all that accumulated sand and sediment on the roads! Or ask the businesses there to organise themselves to get it done on a regular basis! This is part of what leadership is about.....not sitting on your ass in Awka, and not knowing what's going on in all corners of your state!

3 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by XANDERBOY85: 11:43am On Feb 02, 2020
obiekunie2:

when they left southeast and went to katsina to construct rail lines that will lead to niger republic thinking they are punishing ndi igbo i just laughed at their ignorance.

its only myopic people that doesn't know the huge economic role southeast plays not only for Nigeria but for west africa as a whole!

Onitsha, aba and owerri has the highest number of dangote trucks visiting the region after lagos. it has the highest number of goods transported from the north and vise-versa more than any other state aside lagos!

now you can begin to imagine the huge economic importance of rail lines in this region linking it to lagos, kano and port harcourt.

IGBO LAND IS A VERY IMPORTANT ECONOMIC HUB TO NIGERIA - CALL IT CHEST BEATING NA YOU SABI!

And the more amazing thing is that all you're seeing is down to individual effort of Igbo gov'ts and entrepreneurs. All this is inspite of them trying to relegate the south-east region behind theirs in terms of provision of infrastructure like airports, railways, roads and sea/river ports!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hausa's despite their intermarriage with Fulanis are still for the most part negroes,
The problem of Nigeria are Fulani and their fellow visitors.

https://www.jstor.org › stable
Web results
Law and Taxation in Northern Nigeria - jstor
by A Gray · 1906
Fulanis, and Bornuese, are of various Berber and Arab stocks. ... Mahommedan religion and culture reached Negroland partly

Okoroawusa:

My thoughts exactly.
But I like the way he brought it up. Some people are bent on brainwashing the Igbo youths of this generation into hatred n views that the average northerner is their problem while it's not through. Northerners have been living in Onitsha even before the creation of Nigeria.

The name Fegge is from Niger State. Growing up in Onitsha before the war, my father said Bida,Haruna, Sokoto n Niger Streets were enclaves of the Hausas n the heart of the North-East trade.

Anambralstson thank you for rejigging our memories. Imena. Jisie Ike

3 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Anambralstson: 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
moscobabs:
Op give us update on 2nd niger bridge construction
Massive working is going on there, best means to cover second niger bridge is with drone camera, JB has completed overhead bridge at Atani Road, this is only area I was able to cover,

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by moscobabs(m): 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2020
Anambralstson:

Massive working is going on there, best means to cover second niger bridge is with drone camera, JB has completed overhead bridge at Atani Road, this is only area I was able to cover,
Thank you bro

5 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
I just pray the next generation will make this land called Nigeria,n.a. better place!
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by BuhariAdvocate: 1:23pm On Feb 02, 2020
This is an evidence that we need each other most.

1 Like

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Hisduchess(f): 1:38pm On Feb 02, 2020
obiekunie2:

when they left southeast and went to katsina to construct rail lines that will lead to niger republic thinking they are punishing ndi igbo i just laughed at their ignorance.

its only myopic people that doesn't know the huge economic role southeast plays not only for Nigeria but for west africa as a whole!

Onitsha, aba and owerri has the highest number of dangote trucks visiting the region after lagos. it has the highest number of goods transported from the north and vise-versa more than any other state aside lagos!

now you can begin to imagine the huge economic importance of rail lines in this region linking it to lagos, kano and port harcourt.

IGBO LAND IS A VERY IMPORTANT ECONOMIC HUB TO NIGERIA - CALL IT CHEST BEATING NA YOU SABI!

They can call it anything but the truth remains that igbos patronage often determine the success of a business.if you know the number of terminals(warehouse) dangote cement has in only Anambra you will marvel,much more other Southeastern states.I think we are the highest patronizers of Dangote businesses so that's why they don't want us igbos to ever leave this entity called Nigeria but bigotry wouldn't allow Dem other parts of Nigeria acknowledge it. @op you are doing a good job.we all need each other in all fairness not in persecution as the people in the helm of government are doing to ndi igbo. Aka nri kwoo aka ekpe aka ekpe akwoo aka nri

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Thurmieee: 1:51pm On Feb 02, 2020
op what food item sells well in Onitsha that's not really available. onions,pepper etc. we can conduct this kinda business if you want
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by JevonAir: 1:53pm On Feb 02, 2020
[s]
HacheNoire:

Chest beating starts
[/s]

1 Like

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by izombie(m): 1:55pm On Feb 02, 2020
Thank you op but the East and the north can still do these things as Biafra and Arewa republic. Biafra will import the raw materials from arewa republic and arewa republic will import the finished product from biafra. Capisce?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by ChimaAgbalajob: 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
Anambralstson:
Hundreds of trucks every where

If you tell the same Hausa/Fulani people to link Onitsha with railway to these northern cities, so that these northern business people will easily transport their products via rail to & from Onitsha, they will shout that they don't want Southeast included in the national railway masterplan! They'll rather build a rail line to Niger Republic than in Southeast where their people conduct most of their sales.

Meanwhile, it's their people that will benefit immensely from it the way Dangote benefits immensely from every single building erected in Southeast! That is why Nigeria is such a sorry Sh*thole place!

13 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by kelechi50: 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2020
obiekunie2:

you have just said what is happening in our country and that is why we're crying for justice
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Liposure: 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2020
Nice one. Dis will help our economy grow
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by somehow: 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
The name is not the problem but those living inside afterall, none of those you listed have become a first world country!
Ifesinachi22:

Brits named them _Burma,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Myanmar!

Brits named them _Upper Volta,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Burkina Faso,_ which means Land of Incorruptible People!

Brits named them _Gold Coast_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Ghana!_

Brits named them _Southern Rhodesia_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Zimbabwe!_

Brits named them _Northern Rhodesia,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Zambia!_

Brits named them _Tanganyika_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Tanzania!_

Germans named them _colony of South West Africa,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Namibia!_

France named them _Dahomey_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Benin!_

Belgium named them _Zaire_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _DRC_ or _Democratic Republic of Congo!_

And the list goes on and on and on.....!

But Brits named a bunch of people _Nigeria_ and _they will rather kill to preserve it than restructure and give them selves a befitting name

"It is only an animal that bears the name that is given to it by his enemy___ _Igbo Proverb_

2 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by BlackfireX: 3:39pm On Feb 02, 2020
HacheNoire:

Chest beating starts

At least he has chest

4 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Area4Area: 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

Brits named them _Burma,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Myanmar!

Brits named them _Upper Volta,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Burkina Faso,_ which means Land of Incorruptible People!

Brits named them _Gold Coast_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Ghana!_

Brits named them _Southern Rhodesia_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Zimbabwe!_

Brits named them _Northern Rhodesia,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Zambia!_

Brits named them _Tanganyika_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Tanzania!_

Germans named them _colony of South West Africa,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Namibia!_

France named them _Dahomey_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Benin!_

Belgium named them _Zaire_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _DRC_ or _Democratic Republic of Congo!_

And the list goes on and on and on.....!

But Brits named a bunch of people _Nigeria_ and _they will rather kill to preserve it than restructure and give them selves a befitting name

"It is only an animal that bears the name that is given to it by his enemy___ _Igbo Proverb_
.....also the Portuguese brought the name Biafra to Africa but a group of people who the name never concerned decided to corner and possess the name because they feel inferior to coin a name for their new country. They don't even know the meaning of the name. What a shame for advocates of the name Biafra

4 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Anambralstson: 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2020
Thurmieee:
op what food item sells well in Onitsha that's not really available.
onions,pepper etc. we can conduct this kinda business if you want
You can mail me, we'll discuss. Thanks
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by chozzy: 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2020
Yea
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Area4Area: 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2020
ChimaAgbalajob:

If you tell the same Hausa/Fulani people to link Onitsha with railway to these northern cities, so that these northern business people will easily transport their products via rail to & from Onitsha, they will shout that they don't want Southeast included in the national railway masterplan! They'll rather build a rail line to Niger Republic than in Southeast where their people conduct most of their sales.

Meanwhile, it's their people that will benefit immensely from it the way Dangote benefits immensely from every single building erected in Southeast! That is why Nigeria is such a sorry Sh*thole place!
We've had two southern Christian presidents who ruled for 14 years combined since 1999 and never thought of what you're talking about, you never thought of telling or reminding them in the first place.

It's the Northerners that are your problem for not fixing anything, continue blaming and your sh*thole continue stinking to high heavens.

1 Like

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by ChristianNorth: 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
I was looking for brown roofs but I didn't see any. Compare this with the pictures of daddy G.O leading protest.

God bless daddy G.O for his love for Nigerian Christians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2020
obiekunie2:

Be deceiving yourself. Go up north and check the trade between Nigeria and Niger.
Every region in this country is serviced by the North for raw materials both mineral and agricultural produce.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by enemybulldozer(m): 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2020
Area4Area:
.....also the Portuguese brought the name Biafra to Africa but a group of people who the name never concerned decided to corner and possess the name because they feel inferior to coin a name for their new country. They don't even know the meaning of the name. What a shame for advocates of the name Biafra
There you go again with your usual lies and propaganda. The Portuguese met us as biafrans. If you're in doubt, that we are not biafrans, kindly tell us the name we bear before that thief that called himself lord lugard came to this part of the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Sonnyboom: 5:02pm On Feb 02, 2020
But foolish Igbos like yourself always refuse to go to church when Yoruba issues are being discussed. Do you mean only foolish igbo have the the monopoly to shook mouth into others affairs without other being able to do the same to Igbos or you are just being outright ly foolish like you exhibited with your comment.
jimyjames:

Don't derail this wonderful thread out of jealousy my friend go to church if you are a Yoruba christian

3 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Sonnyboom: 5:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
Very important after the most important which is Lagos. I wonder why the owner of the most important state ain't beating their chest like you runners up which is even debatable.

Your tribe should lower it pride, the level of your insignicancy was established after the war. The noise you make is only for your gullible tribesmen so make we hear word.

obiekunie2:

2 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 5:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
Sonnyboom:
But foolish Igbos like yourself always refuse to go to church when Yoruba issues are being discussed. Do you mean only foolish igbo have the the monopoly to shook mouth into others affairs without other being able to do the same to Igbos or you are just being outright ly foolish like you exhibited with your comment.

My afonja friend calm down, I know you are in pains , but you know what? Get off nairaland head straight to where you get your weed , smoke as much as you can to calm you nerves

I will be praying for you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Sonnyboom: 5:16pm On Feb 02, 2020
So because Igbos are not dominating so sphere of the Nigeria state the ground is not level ba ? The football igbos dominate flawlessly with over 80% of the ayers being Igbos how many nations or world cup have Nigeria won compared to Cameroon n Egypt without a single Igbo in their team ?! Pls it is Sunday n foolish bigoted people irritate me.

TooMuchStuff:
cool
So u just dey wake up now to know all this abi na to join we IPOB dey hungry u?

If there is perfect level playing field for everyone in Nigeria to play politics, state police, fiscal federalism, devolution of power, equality and other known democratic norms, nobody would've been agitating for separation

2 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by enemybulldozer(m): 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
Area4Area:
We've had two southern Christian presidents who ruled for 14 years combined since 1999 and never thought of what you're talking about, you never thought of telling or reminding them in the first place.

It's the Northerners that are your problem for not fixing anything, continue blaming and your sh*thole continue stinking to high heavens.
That is the problem I have with your likes always comparing PDP to APC instead of calling a spade by its original name.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Inside Abramovich’s ₦181b Eclipse Yacht With Helipads,Sub & Missile Defence Syst / Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.