Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change (3023 Views)

Man Who Constantly Beats Wife Says Cash & Good Sex Is the Reason She Can't Leave / A Lady Has Cried Out That She Can't Get A Man Because Of Her Nose / My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Samuel1402(m): 5:56pm On Feb 02, 2020
Pls pardon me if the headline didn't go well with the message, I'm emotional imbalance. This post is not to seek for advice on divorce, but really want those who av gone through this to share their experience, to keep me up going after the divorce. I really love my wife and I belief she love me too. Short story about our relationship. We av being together for over fifteen years now but we got married eight years ago immediately after her NYSC and she moved in with me in Lagos. That was the first time she will come to live in Lagos permanent, cos before that time she only come to Lagos maybe once in four years. when she came to Lagos she told me she doesn't want to work under anybody and I agreed I asked her to think of what she want to do and she said she want to learn more on hair dressing and open a salon. Six month later I got a shop for her and bought some things she needed in the shop. everything was going fine but after six months the whole things change everything about her is on her business, no time for anything at home she go to shop from Monday to Sunday, and to make the matter worse she will leave for shop in the morning and not come back until minimum of 10pm everyday including public holidays xmas , new year, everyday! I got tired I fought her, I reported her to her parents, her brother her sister I av done every things I can do to make her understand that I'm not comfortable with her attitude but instead of her to change, the whole things is getting worse. As at present I cook myself I clean the house, last year I change our resident to a more far area and told her to look for shop in that area that I will pay and equipped the shop, but she refused I called her late last year and told her to change or I filled for divorce, she begged and promised to change, she even told me that she just want to do the end of the year business there and by January she will move her business, since then every things has gone from bad to worse last month I called her and told her I av no option than to go for a divorce, she also begged and cry but nothing has changed I've concluded to go for divorce, but the issue is how I will cope, how I can move on fast after the divorce, NOTE Despite how she work no single financial assistant from her in any form, even when I'm broke no help from her. I pay every bills from the smallest to the biggest expenses in the house, pls reasonable advice needed especially if u have gone through this before thanks.

1 Like

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Freestainworld(m): 6:07pm On Feb 02, 2020
it hasn't gone to that level, instead move out of the house and allow her enjoy her new husband which is her work, if she loves you, she will be forced to do the right thing immediately.

7 Likes

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Triniti(m): 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
You are not married bro, what about your kids? Do you have any? Who takes care of them?

1 Like

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by prizlezzlalasky(f): 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2020
This marriage thing is getting scary by the day.

10 Likes

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by sisisioge: 6:28pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hmmm...this sounds unreal. Why would she be crying and begging buy continue to thread the path leading to divorce? So disjointed. I wish you luck.
Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Samuel1402(m): 6:28pm On Feb 02, 2020
Triniti:
You are not married bro, what about your kids? Do you have any? Who takes care of them?
No issue yet bro
Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Kendumazy(m): 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hmm
Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Mariangeles(f): 6:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
The truth is hair dressing business is not a good idea for a woman who's starting a family.
It's a very demanding business, unless you have an idea on how to manage it.

What she should do is to employ good hair stylists, and assign a manager to oversee things when she's not there, that way, she doesn't have to leave home too early or come back too late.
That'll give you both enough time to spend with each other...unless she does not want to, this plan should work.

Give your marriage a chance. Don't give up yet.

10 Likes

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Triniti(m): 6:37pm On Feb 02, 2020
Samuel1402:
No issue yet bro
Marriage will be outdated soon with the number of scary stories we read online daily. Try to find out why she values the salon business more than you
Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by StarUp: 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:

1 Like

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by collinsfhk(m): 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2020
Go for counselling

1 Like

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by jenifer007: 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
I hate that hair dressing business for women....it makes them not to have time for their home...They are always at the shop till late hour...No marriage can survive with such harsh business....it has also turned most of the women in the business into prostitutes and also turned most wives to be rebellious to their husbands.... I pity men that are married to women in such business.

You better tell to always close her shop by 6:30pm during week days and by 5pm during weekends and important public holidays must be observed at home....if she refuse then she is not ready to make your marriage work.

All the best bros.
Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Officialgarri: 6:51pm On Feb 02, 2020
NOTE Despite how she work no single financial assistant from her in any form, even when I'm broke no help from her. I pay every bills from the smallest to the biggest expenses in the house, pls reasonable advice needed especially if u have gone through this before thanks.

I was going to say maybe it's her business that's giving her joy and then she pays her own part of the bills, not until you added this part.
I'm sorry man, this is bigger than I thought.

That woman is saving for your death

2 Likes

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Mindlog: 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2020
If all you stated is true, your marriage is very much redeemable. From your write up, you have been married for 8 years and have involved her family at different times to resolve issues, is she using the salon as a diversion, a coping mechanism to deal the fact that you two are yet to be blessed with the fruit of the womb? Since you wrote that you love your wife and believes she also does love you too, go for professional couple therapy.

3 Likes

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by KanwuliaExtra: 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2020
You are a man of too many words and little action.
This is a sign of weakness.
No wonder she does not take you seriously.
For some people to change, they need the school of HARD KNOCKS or SHOCK THERAPY.

It is laughable you write about love.
In any relationship or marriage, FAMILY TIME should always come FIRST.
Love is not selfish.
Love is not frivolous.

Love is taken seriously in any relationship.
It manifests in actions, without words.
It is always felt where it is needed THE MOST for each individual.

You both have no concept of what love is.
Stop deceiving yourselves.
Please. kiss

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by fastseo: 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hair dressing work is for the single mostly because some hair takes forever to complete theme like Ghana weaving.

Married woman coming back 10pm, no time for husband or home. Na WA oh

2 Likes

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Lamanii22(f): 7:16pm On Feb 02, 2020
Why can't she employ an hairstylist in her shop... Atleast she can do home stuffs before going to her shop... Hairdressing basically fits single ladies than married ladies..
Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by NwaAmaikpe: 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2020
shocked

Divorce is not the option yet.
She has used you.
Use her and dump her.

Get one of your neighbors, her friend or a relative to take her place.
Make her go paranoid over your new affair and let her know she pushed you to it.

I expect her to promise to devote more attention to you.
Act like you have accepted her repentance and screw her like you're dying this night.

By morning, while she's in the kitchen making breakfast trying to convince you that she's a change person.
Remain in bed playing melancholic love songs.

Get her to eat with you and after the meal, ask her to get dressed because that was the LAST SUPPER.
Tell her you love her so much to let her go and concentrate on her hair business.

Don't be a wimp.
R.Kelly didn't sing "If I could turn" in vain.
Make it her new anthem with every sense of decency.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Winneygirl(f): 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
This is dicey.
Could it be that you want a divorce, not because of her working late, but because you do not have a baby together yet?
Could it be that the home is inhabitable for her due to flying emotions and she's burying herself in her work to stay away from it?
What's the prognosis from the hospital regarding fertility?
I'm sorry I'm asking, but there's usually an underlying issue not put out in the open when couples want divorce.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 02, 2020
All these fabricated stories of divorce so as to hit FrontPage, cos that is what is reigning now among story tellers.

Mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Divorce is not the option yet.
She has used you.
Use her and dump her.

Get one of your neighbors, her friend or a relative to take her place.
Make her go paranoid over your new affair and let her know she pushed you to it.

I expect her to promise to devote more attention to you.
Act like you have accepted her repentance and screw her like you're dying this night.

By morning, while she's in the kitchen making breakfast trying to convince you that she's a change person.
Remain in bed playing melancholic love songs.

Get her to eat with you and after the meal, ask her to get dressed because that was the LAST SUPPER.
Tell her you love her so much to let her go and concentrate on her hair business.

Don't be a wimp.
R.Kelly didn't sing "If I could turn" in vain.
Make it her new anthem with every sense of decency.

Guy ur wisdom too much

2 Likes

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by 24kmagic: 8:20pm On Feb 02, 2020
Are all these divorce stories really true?

Because if they are, then I think 9ja girls are destiny killers.

E be like last last na this baby mama whatever sure oooo.

Because I'm really scared of what I will do to any bitch that tries to frustrate me.

So why bother myself buying one?

1 Like

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Samuel1402(m): 9:19pm On Feb 02, 2020
Winneygirl:
This is dicey.
Could it be that you want a divorce, not because of her working late, but because you do not have a baby together yet?
Could it be that the home is inhabitable for her due to flying emotions and she's burying herself in her work to stay away from it?
What's the prognosis from the hospital regarding fertility?
I'm sorry I'm asking, but there's usually an underlying issue not put out in the open when couples want divorce.

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Foodqueen(f): 9:23pm On Feb 02, 2020
This one never reach divorce issue. U have never really stood your ground as a man.
Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by crackhouse(m): 9:37pm On Feb 02, 2020
If she's giving you the inbetween meals as at when due then u don't have anything to worry about.
Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by goryorhal(m): 10:03pm On Feb 02, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:

You shouldn’t be

Ours is gonna be smooth and fun

Btw I’m Ola by name
Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Winneygirl(f): 10:07pm On Feb 02, 2020
[quote author=Samuel1402 post=86325204][/quote]
Thanks for your response.
Have you been to her salon recently?
Maybe you should go there and observe her normal days activity.
Maybe what she needs is not a change of location, but a restructure of her business.
E.g She might be trying to do it all.
Maybe she needs to employ more hands.
When getting new staff, trust can be an issue.
If she has a staff that can do manicure and pedicure for clients, that takes it off her hands. I.e more space to attend to more people faster.

If she has a staff that can do preliminary hair assignments such as take off old hair of clients, loosen old weaves/braids, wash their hair all before your wife has to do the proper hair making, this means she has less multi tasking to do and can handle clients faster.
I am just trying to think of what she might be having to do as a salonist.
Also, being involved in what she's doing, or trying to help her make it easy might make her see that she also needs to be more involved in matters that concern you.
I know you are exasperated.... but can we try one more time... via a different approach?

1 Like

Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2020
Samuel1402:
Pls pardon me if the headline didn't go well with the message, I'm emotional imbalance. This post is not to seek for advice on divorce, but really want those who av gone through this to share their experience, to keep me up going after the divorce. I really love my wife and I belief she love me too. Short story about our relationship. We av being together for over fifteen years now but we got married eight years ago immediately after her NYSC and she moved in with me in Lagos. That was the first time she will come to live in Lagos permanent, cos before that time she only come to Lagos maybe once in four years. when she came to Lagos she told me she doesn't want to work under anybody and I agreed I asked her to think of what she want to do and she said she want to learn more on hair dressing and open a salon. Six month later I got a shop for her and bought some things she needed in the shop. everything was going fine but after six months the whole things change everything about her is on her business, no time for anything at home she go to shop from Monday to Sunday, and to make the matter worse she will leave for shop in the morning and not come back until minimum of 10pm everyday including public holidays xmas , new year, everyday! I got tired I fought her, I reported her to her parents, her brother her sister I av done every things I can do to make her understand that I'm not comfortable with her attitude but instead of her to change, the whole things is getting worse. As at present I cook myself I clean the house, last year I change our resident to a more far area and told her to look for shop in that area that I will pay and equipped the shop, but she refused I called her late last year and told her to change or I filled for divorce, she begged and promised to change, she even told me that she just want to do the end of the year business there and by January she will move her business, since then every things has gone from bad to worse last month I called her and told her I av no option than to go for a divorce, she also begged and cry but nothing has changed I've concluded to go for divorce, but the issue is how I will cope, how I can move on fast after the divorce, NOTE Despite how she work no single financial assistant from her in any form, even when I'm broke no help from her. I pay every bills from the smallest to the biggest expenses in the house, pls reasonable advice needed especially if u have gone through this before thanks.
That's what christainity caused, marry second wife and see the changes in her. What God.........
Don't quote me oo am not feeling fine abeg
Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by bulbutcher(m): 11:05pm On Feb 02, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:
help me ooohhh
Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by bulbutcher(m): 11:24pm On Feb 02, 2020
KanwuliaExtra:
You are a man of too many words and little action.
This is a sign of weakness.
No wonder she does not take you seriously.
For some people to change, they need the school of HARD KNOCKS or SHOCK THERAPY.

It is laughable you write about love.
In any relationship or marriage, FAMILY TIME should always come FIRST.
Love is not selfish.
Love is not frivolous.

Love is taken seriously in any relationship.
It manifests in actions, without words.
It is always felt where it is needed THE MOST for each individual.

You both have no concept of what love is.
Stop deceiving yourselves.
Please. kiss
a women are easy to convince whatever is slipping away in your relationship/marriage as the leader of the family you call it to her attention and continue to address it everyday till its made right.
Re: Divorce The Only Option For Me, I Still Love Her But She Can't Change by Gift7428: 11:44pm On Feb 02, 2020
No kids for 8 years.
Are you sure the reason for the divorce is not the infertility issue?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Girl Turn Model Because Of Her Kaleidescopic Eye / How Do I Handle A Neighbor Who Is A Professional In This / Maternal Instinct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.