Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? (48621 Views)

Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me / Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish? / Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by AkuOlisa: 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Standardkid240:
To me you're not being fair here, you sound more like an igbo man.

Can you please explain what you mean by this ?
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Zombiekiller010: 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
Its her money,let her buy herself the car
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Jaqenhghar: 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Hmmmm, so I should encourage us getting 2 cars within the next 3months looking at Nigeria's economy and the need to have multiple source of income?.
Waoooh, thanks for the advice!!!

Think of it this way. With the way thay country is if your wife enters a keke with your child and (God forbod) the keke rider happens to be a kidnapper or gets into a crash, dont you think you will lose more than the car.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by emerged01(m): 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
Get her the car first while you trek to work. With time I think she will reason with you and give out the car to you with time. As a good woman,she won’t want to be called names when she uses car while you trekk.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by dbonks(m): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
I understand your business needs mobility, but I don't know the kind of federal job she is doing, if it a job that has holiday, I will suggest instead of two cars, you get one strong car and allow her be in possession of it for the sake of your baby, and use it whenever she is home with you..

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Nwaonyishi69: 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
Yes, both of you need it and you live at separate places.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by PerseDew(f): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Hmm, thanks alot....i will take your advice and let only her get for now.
My reasons are numerous, aside the economy Families will believe we have the money stocked up somewhere . We both take care of numerous responsibilities in our extended homes

Just look at the kind of excuse you are giving on top of her own money to buy a car that is a necessity. Plus you even think it is better for your child to be left in the care of a stranger/help than buying a car for your wife that works outside Lagos ..while you are the one that needs to be mobile for just your job that is within Lagos? Let me tell you for free, you are inconsiderate.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by DoveServices: 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We are both young (I am 30 while she is 28)
We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I am a Civil Engineer and my Job requires I get a car for mobility.
I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

What should I do, should we both get cars and let other stuffs take it course?

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by cejaypriesty(m): 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
makydebbie:

So why are you still following me? Pity your face dear looks gory.
It's a fool that'll marry you.
Women sabi throw bomb with their mouth cheesy

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Xanderlex: 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kindly get the 2 cars for peace to reign. Some days you just have to let your woman have her way. You are even lucky she wants to use her own money to get the car. They are some who will nag your life out to but two cars with your own money. You can begin saving after buying the cars. my suggestion though.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by socialmediaman: 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

If you both need cars just go ahead and get them, don't stop her from being more efficient at what she's doing! Think about the hassles of public transportation for your wife and your baby, consider their safety and welfare, and take care of yourself as well.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by TRUSTEDGUY: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Hmmmm, so I should encourage us getting 2 cars within the next 3months looking at Nigeria's economy and the need to have multiple source of income?.

No happy home no business my guy
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Okuda(m): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

why should you in the first place manage 2 homes? is that not something you should also consider cinsidering "Nigeria's economy"? that was the first thing you both should have tackled before anyother thing.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by guess1109(f): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

Your wife is in another place with your child, you know it's stressful for her and you're wondering who should get a car first? You've been coping without a car, she NEEDS the car for her comfort and that of your child! You've got a good woman, don't take her for granted. No need to buy two cars at the same time since you're business oriented, you can wait a year after she buys hers with both your money, then you both will contribute for you to buy yours. You've started your family on a great foundation of trust and love, don't let it change.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Isoduwa(m): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
This is how they start Next thing is house boy then bed boy
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by sogud(m): 3:16pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

alow her to get her own car, she's always passing tru alot, God dat gave her d money to get a car wil replenish d money in multiple fold....no alow poor man tinkin deny u of enjymnt, afterall she's wrkin n u re doin business.....

poverty na bad tink..enjy ur money while you are young
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by osywhite(m): 3:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
Bros, to be sincere to you, get one car if the resources are not enough for two but she has to be the one using it while you make do with public transport. There is no place in Lagos where you cannot find public transport. Again, you are very young so I don't see it as a problem to you using public transport.
It is very difficult managing a child and work at the same time. I am not a woman but I am telling you from experience.
If she says NO to house help, she must have her reasons for that.
In conclusion, plz get that woman a car asap, it is wickedness to allow a woman to be battling with work and baby when you can afford a car. I rest my case.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by BRAINTORMS(m): 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
I will say, You seem a responsible man , Keep it up.

Now, Ask yourself, Is my Wife Worth me Sacrificing and going through all sorts of stress For?From your write up, I think she is worth it.

Dont let your family have a crack over issues that can be handled in a better way.

You are looking at it from Financial and Economic point of view, While She is Looking at it From an emotional and Familyly ( Yesy Familyly, Remember its her and the baby) point of view, And neither of you is right or wrong, just two different people, looking at things from different views.

If You believe she is worth it , and A Happy wife is a Happy Home, Buy the Car , And Give her, ( This way you show you aren't Selfish and You still keep your Family Financial Stability), Buying two Cars may not be in the interest of the Family considering the long term Finanacial implications. And As an Engineer, I can say you are a numbers Guy, So you know the Math.

WhenEver You need the Car, Just Beg, And I mean it Beg, She cant Say No

In Any case know that you are ultimately responsible for the outcome of this

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Dollabiz: 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
Stop bringing your personal issues online
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Guest911: 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Yes please get her a car, very necessary I wish I had a woman like yours. You shouldn’t get a car for yourself yet. You can always Uber where ever you’re going
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by larryking540: 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
I have seen countless comments ....
Na understanding they make family and marriage they sweet ,,,,

If u married your wife and she was understanding and suddenly she decides to take control over certain family issues bro ,call and and have a deep talk ooo,,,

Some people say na her money

Some say buy for her

Some say ignore her

Bros anything way make her buy the car u don get 2 master for that ship (home) already.
U might over look the issues right now ,,but be expecting things like don't worry yourself since u don't want to get it for me I will get it myself ....

Women ,,,,you marry your husband and sworn to be submissive to him but because u got a paying job ,,he is now voiceless to the decision making in the home ..

It is well Sha

But getting 2 cars na waste of money life na stage by stage

And trust me she has her eyes on a particular brand ,,,if u think am lying ask her ,,,what car she wants and hear what she will say ,,and go to her office Bros I will not be surprised ,it's because her office Friend just got one also recently ....

Any way of u get the money just buy am ,but last last na u go still fix the car of problem day ,,

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by labiola: 3:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

To answer your question, you are not being fair to her. She has been a good wife , all she needs from you is your support. She even tried not to even put the burden on your head. My friend, please let her go ahead and buy the car, you can even give her part of the money to show that it is your responsibility to buy her the car .Another option is to buy your car and hand it over to her. Good luck
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by tranxo(m): 3:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
makydebbie:
It's her money and she's the one going through the stress yet you don't want her to get a car? When she's not even asking you for money.

I'm shocked sef, because she's not asking you for money.
Angry feminist, it is THEIR money. Nobody is dragging "Independent woman" with you. Get a life...sorry...a man. Mtschewww!!

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by iguita: 3:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
It's better to buy two cars and keep your home and good wife (as you have painted) than to loose your home.

If you get sense bro, contribute to buy her car. Even if it is a waste, it is a waste thats worth it.
Opeyemiebun:

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by pennywys(m): 3:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Nigeria economy Nigeria economy, what is it about Nigeria economy? You are a civil engineer that's why you deserve a car for mobility and she is a nursing mother and a career lady she deserves a car too. She wanna acquire this car with her own money, so Mr man let her get this car for herself. If you consider having two cars a bad idea cos of Nigeria economy then you quit and give her the opportunity. You can manage with ur legs after all you are man, an engineer.

Village man
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2020
kunleweb:
My dear. You don't want peace abi. You better support her fast and run and get her the car so she'll praise you more. She needs that car abeg

She planned getting the with her own money. That should not be a problem

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Sarah20A(f): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

oga please she need a car don't be self-centered.in fact she needs a car more than you do.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Wyris(m): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
I think you should press for now about getting yourself a car. Let your wife get hera first . besides the two of you can still make use of one car . you as a man just have to sacrifice your desire for a car and let your wife have hers. It is not easy to have a woman who is working to support the family.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by cbngov01(m): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

You really dont need an advice! she needs the car not you! Oga if you must buy a car, it has to be hers!.

I have a car and my wife drives it while i run during the week. during weekends I take over driving.

Be nice bro. She is your wife!

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by aimuan(m): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Waoooh, thanks for the advice!!! .

You keep saying Nigeria economy, what's wrong with Nigeria economy? You can afford 2 cars and you still complain,what about those that can hardly feed themselves? Before I forget,Nigeria economy is one of the best in Africa and the best in west Africa.. If you doubt me visit Ghana for just one month,your eye go clear
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by JJOF(m): 3:22pm On Feb 03, 2020
Shallypop:
Head of family ko, tail of family ni. See ego.
Toxic Feminist spotted grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria / Married Men Asking Single Guys For Help. / Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.