Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:50 AM

BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others (1607 Views)

Vigilante Burst Criminal Hideout In Nnewi; Military Wears, Number Plates Found / Soldiers Threaten To Shoot RRS Officers Over Covered Number Plates / IGP Orders Confiscation Of Vehicles Illegally Using Sirens, Revolving Lights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by 9jaBlogger: 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2020
The Nigeria police has issued a directive for the clampdown on the illegal use of siren, revolving lights and spy number plates across the country, Igbere TV reports.

In a statement signed and issued to Igbere TV by DCP Frank Mba, Force Public Relations Officer, he said the Inspector-General has also ordered the impounding of vehicles with covered number plates.

The order, the police PRO said, was sequel to the working visit of the Corps Marshal, Federal Road Safety Corps, Boboye Oyeyemi, MFR to the IGP at the Force Headquarters on Monday, February 3, 2020.

Full Statement,

PRESS RELEASE

IGP ADAMU RECEIVES CORPS MARSHAL OYEYEMI

Orders clampdown on illegal use of siren, revolving lights and spy number plates and impounding of vehicles with covered number plates

Sequel to the working visit of the Corps Marshal, Federal Road Safety Corps, Boboye Oyeyemi, MFR, psc, mni to the Inspector-General of Police, IGP M.A. Adamu, NPM, mni at the Force Headquarters on Monday, February 3, 2020, the IGP has ordered all state Commissioners of Police to forthwith impound all vehicles illegally using Spy number plates, sirens, revolving lights or covered number plates and ensure diligent prosecution of the offenders.

To this end, all vehicles found to have Spy number plates not duly issued, using sirens, or revolving lights without permit or having covered number plates will be promptly impounded. These practices are illegal and pose monumental security risks to the nation and its people.

The Corps Marshal who visited the Force Headquarters in company of his management team sought for improved collaboration between the Police and the FRSC in key operational areas. The IGP while responding, restated his commitment to the continued partnership between the Nigeria Police and the FRSC especially in the areas of operations, training, intelligence sharing, and prosecution of offenders.

Meanwhile, the IGP has commended the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, for personally taking the charge against these unwholesome practices, especially the unauthorized concealment of number plates and other related offences.

DCP FRANK MBA

FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER

FORCE HEADQUARTERS

ABUJA

http://igberetvnews.com/1333650/breaking-police-bans-use-sirens-spy-number-plates-others/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by GuestLog: 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
Which one is Spy Number Plates?

GamalNasser:

Supernumerary police number that the police issued to people members of their SPY police for 500k a per number ..

Thank you. I thought it meant spy camera on number plates! Hahaha!
Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by Kwamecron(m): 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
This is not new news pls...

Na today?
Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by hardywaltz(m): 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
Empty directive that will be ignored.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
Recycling news. They better increase security.
As quiet and secured as my estate is I was still burgled yesterday. How they entered and left without traces still dey baffle me. But one thing is certain, if I saw those thieves I will still add more cash to what they stole. I swear. My atms I hide them. Physical cash na 5k I put under decoder. Them see am collect. Took some clothes and shoes. I no get one single jewellery so I safe. My TVs are embedded so that one sef na foul. They just took random things sha. E no pain me. Wetin pain me pass na the soup Wey mama freeze for me. These boys carry soup o. They even warm one plate boil water make Eba, use the Eba sample the egusi.
The police for my estate no go see those ones catch. Na to pursue spy plates Wey ordinary 500 roger Them go let you go.
As for the thief. If you're on this forum that crayfish for my mama egusi na him pain me pass. May That catfish pepper soup turn your belle. Iseee
Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by GOFRONT(m): 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
How many times they wan ban use of Siren??

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by GamalNasser: 7:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
GuestLog:

Supernumerary police number that the police issued to people members of their SPY police for 500k a per number ..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by GamalNasser: 7:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
Every time they have new IG they announce this ..U can't stop the use of security Hilux not in this very unsafe Buhari era
Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by 9jaBlogger: 7:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
GuestLog:

Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
I don't even understand the essence of being a SPY Police and you go ahead to put it on your number plate.

Does it not defeat the aim? Or is it to intimidate ordinary Nigerians

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by obiekunie2: 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
GamalNasser:

so those when don buy am go throw am be that abi?

THIS GOVERNMENT AND SCAM!
Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by GamalNasser: 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2020
obiekunie2:

so those when don buy am go throw am be that abi?

THIS GOVERNMENT AND SCAM!

I swear NIGERIANS govt are the final scammers
Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by adecz: 7:41pm On Feb 03, 2020
angry
Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by meum: 7:42pm On Feb 03, 2020
grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by GuestLog: 7:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
GamalNasser:

thanks

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by adecz: 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
"Sequel to the working visit of the Corps Marshal, Federal Road Safety Corps, Boboye Oyeyemi, MFR, psc, mni to the Inspector-General of Police, IGP M.A. Adamu, NPM, mni at the Force Headquarters on Monday".....

Nigerians just like to show off..

What is the use of quoting all of
a public officer's qualifications in
a simple press release?
Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by daddytime(m): 7:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
Mtcheeeew...
Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by 9jaBlogger: 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
adecz:

"Sequel to the working visit of the Corps Marshal, Federal Road Safety Corps, Boboye Oyeyemi, MFR, psc, mni to the Inspector-General of Police, IGP M.A. Adamu, NPM, mni at the Force Headquarters on Monday".....

Nigerians just like to show off..

What is the use of quoting all of
a public officer's qualifications in
a simple press release?

Lolz. I wonder o. Africa mentality
Re: BREAKING: Police Bans Use Of Sirens, Spy Number Plates, Others by feedthenation(m): 10:35pm On Feb 03, 2020
The ban has been recycled several times with no effect

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Uprising Footballer Killed By Sars (photos) / How can enikanoselu family get justice ?(graphic Pix) / Woman Caught Hiding Cocaine Inside Foodstuffs And Selling It To Prisoners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.