Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) (54884 Views)

Governor Alia Delivers 100 Buses For Transport In Benue State [Photos] / Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation / Ondo Government Acquires 200 Buses For Mass Transit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by DenreleDave(m): 8:42am On Feb 04, 2020
post=86361493:

No carry your book begin read u hear, make u dey there dey snore,
dey dream every where, every night anyhow!!

Na joke o. cheesy
All the best in your examination Denrele!!

Big bros, much love bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by lexy2014: 8:42am On Feb 04, 2020
Twob:

My man! This one no be Audio ooo, as a witness to that of CMS to Ajah, I boarded it yesterday at N250, though I expect the fee to be N200. All the useless LT commercial buses Drivers, Conductors and Agbero were stylishly begging us to enter theirs. In fact, I feel like slapping one of them for the fact that how will I see a fully air conditioned bus with ease of movement, convenience and even charge your phone on whichever seat u use and go for their inconvenient buses?

All other routes I don't know for now

D govt didn't need to ban okada/keke b4 introducing these buses. Okada/keke aren't competing with these big buses. Its d LT buses, danfo& agberos that are their competition. If u ask, it doesn't fix d problem they say they are trying to solve

1 Like

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by anonimi: 8:42am On Feb 04, 2020
Mcy56:
All I can say is: this guy is so wicked, selfish and self centred! Can these buses enter inside streets and inner estates?
How many passengers and routes can 35 buses ply and at what speed?
Some people are just too gullible to accept and believe anything. No wonder the govt will continue to brainwash people and don't be surprised that many of them cheering Lagos govt don't even live there to experience the pains.

Walk or use Uber if you carry load.
The estates should have shared taxis for inside their estate also.
Problem solved easily when you think outside the box.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by Bluffly: 8:43am On Feb 04, 2020
Kingrexyl:
I'm just concerned about the rise of crimes that will take place now, it's just really bad, very bad

Even though I've moved out of Nigeria, I'm still concerned about those innocent people that won't have rest of mind because of robbery and other crimes, why would you take jobs from people without giving them anything to compensate them? this government is truly a scam.
Which crime is rising. Countries wey okada no dey, crime dey. If you loose your job is next thing crime. So anytime bank sack, next thing is crime. Make we hear word

If you can't contribute positively don't plant negative mindset.

1 Like

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by lexy2014: 8:43am On Feb 04, 2020
post=86361204:

Okay, this is a very good start.
We saw the buses on the road early this morning.
Palliatives measures like this is what we have been asking for even before the okada and keke ban.
Nice start......but for a population of over 21 million people....we need more!

Good response Sanwo-Olu,
Rather late than never.

God bless Lagos state.
God bless Nigeria

Can these buses take people from CMS to obalende?

1 Like

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by luminouz(m): 8:44am On Feb 04, 2020
fairfora:
Now I'm vindicated. They never wanted to share passengers with any alternatives on their new buses so they could make profit. That's the main reason tricycles and bikes were banned. This government isn't not for the masses but for themselves

You are always never contented with anything and everyone.

Who do you like this na? grin

1 Like

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by Mcy56(f): 8:44am On Feb 04, 2020
anonimi:
Walk or use Uber if you carry load.
The estates should have shared taxis for inside their estate also.
Problem solved easily when you think outside the box.
Very glaring you can't see the bigger issue here.
Good day!
Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by twilliamx(m): 8:45am On Feb 04, 2020
LibertyRep:

I'm afraid you may be right.

Transportation is a key sector in any economy and you dont leave it in the hands of illiterates.
Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by faithfull18(f): 8:47am On Feb 04, 2020
ooohoo:

If I may, I don't know if I'm actually thinking of what you prolly know, but I believe it's going to create a much more bigger crisis than we have now if the government admits that such decision was made against a specific group.

While walking down the street on Saturday, I heard people saying the same thing about a report that certain group of people had taken over the whole state, in very large numbers, through okada and maruwa - I had raised this issue with my manager long before this policy was made, of which he shared the same thought. These people pose a high security risk, according to this widespread report.

Yes, this policy is not favouring the masses at the moment, and I believe better alternatives could have been provided before the decision was made I however hope that at the end of the day, we get to see that the advantages outweigh the pains we currently pass through.
True, they come in in trucks.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by anonimi: 8:48am On Feb 04, 2020
Mcy56:

Very glaring you can't see the bigger issue here.
Anyway I don't reside in Lag for your info but could just imagine the sufferings imposed on masses.
Good day!

Below is someone who thinks out of the box to support an overall good policy and probably lives in Lagos to understand what's up.

LOGOBELT:
Since Sunday, Lots of Lagosians have been passing through hell just to get to their destination, this is due to the Ban on Keke and Okada recently made by Lagos State Government.

Some Lagosians think its a wise decision while some think its not. Having read so many comments online as regards the issue, I came across a Step that can actually help us to save the Trekking Stress and Price Hike on Commercial Vehicles.

Ban is only on Keke and Okada not on Vehicles. Why not use UBER or BOLT to get to work? I know what you are thinking, its expensive right?

This is what you should do,

1. Order for a ride in group, like if you live in a compound where you have other tenants going to working everyday, you guys can come together in two or thee, order a ride and Share the Payment.

2. If your compound people won't work, join with your friends in the street, church, mosque or any friends around, book a ride together and share payment.

3. If you have someone in same compound that own a car, join them early in the morning, to convey you, if they will accept.

This is just few.

I just pray PETROL become SCARCE too, so that everybody will be in this, both those who own Vehicles and those who don't.

1 Like

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by Lifestone(m): 8:49am On Feb 04, 2020
Cosmatikka:
Look at the charlatan Tinubu removed Ambode to enthrone. Someone dat will choose to wear his life jacket after the swim. Nigerian politicians have very low IQ
Do you leave in Lagos?
Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by Tunagee(m): 8:50am On Feb 04, 2020
Kkings11:
Good one, but it was supposed to be provided imediately the ban came into effect.

Still, better late than never.
#OneNigeria. #NigeriaWillMove Forward.

Did u say immediately or before the ban?

1 Like

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by Kkings11: 8:51am On Feb 04, 2020
lexy2014:

Before d ban came into effect and not immediately it came into effect. It clearly shows there was no plan& there's still no plan. Sorry, but Nigeria can't move forward with such haphazard mindset from these people

Nigeria moving forward depends on us. As long as we tow the line of blind partisanship we will keep getting these mediocre rulers.
But I believe that the past 12yrs and the next 4yrs have and would have sharpened our mindset in matters relating to our leaders.
My hope is that we stand firm when the next electoral phase rolls on and these our leaders want to tempt us with fistful of nuts while stowing away the farms for themselves.

1 Like

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by anonimi: 8:51am On Feb 04, 2020
faithfull18:
True, they come in in trucks.

You sabi wetin dey happen. wink

TMSMedia:
Keke Napeps and Motorcycle Riders Leaving Lagos After Ban By The State Govt (Video)

IgbereTV reports that some Keke Napeps and motorcycle riders were spotted in a viral video being loaded in a lorry for a trip to an unknown destination.

Here is the video below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waTYXja-ElY

Tricycles popularly known as Keke Napep and Motorcycles reportedly leaving Lagos, after the Lagos State Government banned its operation in 6 locals governments and 9 local council

This is coming just after the Lagos State Government banned the operations of okada and tricycle riders in six local governments and nine local council development areas of the state. The Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Gbenga Omotosho, said the proscription would take effect from February 1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10976842_5e3503fc0795e_png36e04eaa9d4d16999a6ed5a6da71b512

http://igberetvnews.com/1321682/keke-napeps-motorcycle-riders-leaving-lagos-ban-state-govt-video/

1 Like

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by luminouz(m): 8:51am On Feb 04, 2020
Mcy56:
All I can say is: this guy is so wicked, selfish and self centred!
Can these buses enter inside streets and inner estates?
How many passengers and routes can 35 buses ply and at what speed?
Some people are just too gullible to accept and believe anything. No wonder the govt will continue to brainwash people, and don't be surprised that many of them cheering Lagos govt don't even live there to experience the pains.

Keep kwayet.

In your self-centeredness,you forgot the influx of northern youths with bikes in Lagos and how crime rates have skyrocketed. How many must die before you see sènse madam? You are only concerned about taking bike to your own house,forgetting you could get killed,robbed or kidnapped while on bike.

The only issue I have with the directive is that no amelioration package was provided to ease the financial shock of such an action on people who depend on okada business to survive.

1 Like

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 04, 2020
luminouz:

You are always never contented with anything and everyone.

Who do you like this na? grin
Because I don't reason the way people like you do. when fashola first banned okada, every gullible one hailed him while activists faulted his move. I told people then that I smelt a rat...that I can see the government floating another brand soonest because they saw the business was thriving...a few months later, fashola came with his own brand of a bike much smaller and fragile than the Bajaj boxer brands banned. He now said they must wear a helmet with the bike he introduced. The cost was almost double the cost of one bajaj boxer. Guess who was awarded the contract? I'd not tell you. Google could help you further. I don't move with the crowd. Our people don't think before they conclude. What a pity!
Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by ezebunafo(m): 8:54am On Feb 04, 2020
Shellsploit:
Lagos sef!
Very soon this ancestors below would just leave lagos and go back to Ore, benin city.
but they have sincccccce moved from that location on the pic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by Kkings11: 8:55am On Feb 04, 2020
Tunagee:

Did u say immediately or before the ban?
Immediately.
When I say provide I mean the buses should have started running Immediately the ban came into effect.
Providing them before the ban will contribute to the already worsened traffic situation in the state.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by tayor3(m): 8:56am On Feb 04, 2020
likewise the people they govern.
Cosmatikka:
Look at the charlatan Tinubu removed Ambode to enthrone. Someone dat will choose to wear his life jacket after the swim. Nigerian politicians have very low IQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by anonimi: 8:56am On Feb 04, 2020
Kkings11:
Nigeria moving forward depends on us. As long as we tow the line of blind partisanship we will keep getting these mediocre rulers.
But I believe that the past 12yrs and the next 4yrs have and would have sharpened our mindset in matters relating to our leaders.
My hope is that we stand firm when the next electoral phase rolls on and these our leaders want to tempt us with fistful of nuts while stowing away the farms for themselves.

If you wait until 2023 it will be too late.
Now is the time to engage all means to educate and sensitise everyone around us about their civic responsibilities and what is at stake from the LGA councillor level upwards.
Leaving it until 2023 is suicidal. Suicidal literally.

1 Like

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by tonyhoney: 8:56am On Feb 04, 2020
Shellsploit:
Lagos sef!
Very soon this ancestors below would just leave lagos and go back to Ore, benin city.
Benin is in Edo state. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by bkool7(m): 8:59am On Feb 04, 2020
Kkings11:
Good one, but it was supposed to be provided imediately the ban came into effect.

Even months b4 the ban!
Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by luminouz(m): 9:00am On Feb 04, 2020
fairfora:
Because I don't reason the way people like you do. when fashola first banned okada, every gullible one hailed him while activists faulted his move. I told people then that I smelt a rat...that I can see the government floating another brand soonest because they saw the business was thriving...a few months later, fashola came with his own brand of a bike much smaller and fragile than the Bajaj boxer brands banned. He now said they must wear a helmet with the bike he introduced. The cost was almost double the cost of one bajaj boxer. Guess who was awarded the contract? I'd not tell you. Google could help you further. I don't move with the crowd. Our people don't think before they conclude. What a pity!

If that is your point, I'd say its not bad. I won't believe you until they reintroduce bikes sha

Did you notice the high crime rate and lawlessness from the northern youths who virtually took over Lagos? They don't pay taxes or tolls and the state loses money that way. The high crime rate and accidents caused by the youths are second to none. Very young boys with no licenses and high on codeine or some septic shiit will be driving you or someone's else and accidents,fights and all would be the result.

I'm thinking outside the box bro. Banning them will give security to Lagos citizens and the government makes money too. So,its a win-win situation.
Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by ajebuter(f): 9:00am On Feb 04, 2020
Shellsploit:
Lagos sef!

Ore or Benin ke?

When they can get residency in Canada or Australia?

Bros, no vex awa Lagos ancestors ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by bkool7(m): 9:03am On Feb 04, 2020
Kkings11:

Immediately.
When I say provide I mean the buses should have started running Immediately the ban came into effect.
Providing them before the ban will contribute to the already worsened traffic situation in the state.

Chai! See reasoning?
No wonder we have parochial people leading us.
The buses ought to be functional months b4 the ban. It would have been a tenable excuse for them to show people that the services of okada and Keke is not necessary again.

Meanwhile, this is a Nigerian operating keke in Liverpool, England

1 Like

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by AmTruth: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2020
This is a good start as we look forward to speedy alternative for okada riders livelihood too.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by Kkings11: 9:05am On Feb 04, 2020
[quote author=anonimi post=86362083]

If you wait until 2023 it will be too late.
Now is the time to engage all means to educate and sensitise everyone around us about their civic responsibilities and what is at stake from the LGA councillor level upwards.
Leaving it until 2023 is suicidal. Suicidal literally.

I hear you man.
Which is why I want us to believe in the project that is nigeria. Yes it might seem fruitless at the moment but we've just got to keep prodding ourselves and believing we can do it without these present set of leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:06am On Feb 04, 2020
Kingrexyl:
I'm just concerned about the rise of crimes that will take place now, it's just really bad, very bad

Even though I've moved out of Nigeria, I'm still concerned about those innocent people that won't have rest of mind because of robbery and other crimes, why would you take jobs from people without giving them anything to compensate them? this government is truly a scam.
they banned these tricycles and bikes in Abuja, taxis replaced them almost immediately, it was as if nothing happened.
Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 9:07am On Feb 04, 2020
Kkings11:

Not bad sha.

But the suffer no be here o. I was in Lagos less than two weeks ago. my brother, I stood at the BRT Bus station at Obalande for hours before I was able to board a Bus to Oshodi.

Lagos residents dey try o.
Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by tobstarizhia(m): 9:08am On Feb 04, 2020
yeah. 65 buses with a capacity of 80 people will serve the transportation problem of the 20 million Lagos population.
Good job Sanwo Olu
Re: LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 04, 2020
Kkings11:

How does 65 buses help the situation ? There are areas you can't get access to without bikes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reckless Danfo Driver Collides With A Toyota Hiace Bus On Otedola Bridge / Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest / 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.