Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

University Degree Is Only For Gaining Self Confidence - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Degree Is Only For Gaining Self Confidence (845 Views)

As A Teacher, How Can I Help Boost Confidence In A Timid Pupil / How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? / What Is The Relevance Of A University Degree To A Nigerian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

University Degree Is Only For Gaining Self Confidence by usetime: 1:52am On Dec 12, 2010
it seems like not for the money but for the holders ego sake.
that a university degree is useful.
it cost say 5 or 6 years but at the end , the bsc /ba graduate
has more self esteem that the secondary school student.
and with M.A ,phD the self esteem goes higher - though the pocket
depth may not correspond.
and people correspondingly , in their mind, consider non university
graduates to be half human. as if theyr retards,that's why
they seem suprised when the "dimwits" do sth. exceptionally well
they say "he isnt even a unversity graduate"
meaning - he's a slowpoke yet he's so smart - this is
the exception - only university graduates aught to be as smart,rich,
successful as he/she is - the sheep - whose brain is one quarter alive.
infact is seems like an injustice - they won't say it loud - that
non university trained people should be successful !!!
like success is the exclusive domain of the paper holders.
Re: University Degree Is Only For Gaining Self Confidence by Kadata(m): 9:32am On Dec 12, 2010
The last time I checked, self-esteem was very unrelated with the level of education acquired. For God sake, there are graduates with a poor sense of worth about themselves. So, restructure your argument.
Re: University Degree Is Only For Gaining Self Confidence by deleson: 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2010
I'll be rait bak 2 express mai my position on dis issue,

(1) (Reply)

Ats 2 Registration / Congrats! 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme / Unn Post Pume Result Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.