Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,410 members, 7,864,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:37 AM

Jovic: I Watch Videos Of Myself From A Year Ago And Think 'what's Gone Wrong?' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jovic: I Watch Videos Of Myself From A Year Ago And Think 'what's Gone Wrong?' (355 Views)

Real Madrid Unveil Luka Jovic After Signing For £62m From Frankfurt / Jovic Completes €70m Real Madrid Move On Six-year Contract / Real Madrid Secures Signing Of Luka Jovic In £51m Deal With Frankfurt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jovic: I Watch Videos Of Myself From A Year Ago And Think 'what's Gone Wrong?' by Officialhorlah(m): 6:37am On Feb 04, 2020
Despite the fact that he has only scored one goal for
Real Madrid this season, the former Eintracht
Frankfurt forward thinks he can turn things around Luka Jovic has opened up on his disappointing
form with Real Madrid this season, stating: "Sometimes I watch videos of my games last year
and I think: 'What's gone wrong?'" Speaking to Sports Afternoon with Kristina , the former Eintracht Frankfurt forward has talked about the contrast between his goalscoring record
last term, when he netted 27 times in 48
appearances, and his recent struggles. Since
moving to Spain in the summer, he has only one goal to his name. That came courtesy of a header late in injury time
against Leganes in La Liga, the fifth goal in a 5-0 win. Jovic has also tallied one assist in the league
but, along with fellow new arrival Eden Hazard, he
will have hoped for a much faster start with
Zinedine Zidane's side. MORE TEAMS "Honestly, I'm not happy with the season because I
know I can improve," he said. "Sometimes I watch videos of my games last year
and I think: 'What's gone wrong?' "But we all know that Real Madrid is a huge club
and difficult even for experienced players to get
used to. Even more so for a 21-year-old they have
paid €60 million for. "The pressure is massive, I'm battling at the
moment without success. But I hope the situation
changes." Despite Jovic's difficulties, Los Blancos are currently
three points clear of Barcelona at the top of La Liga. They have been beaten only once in the league – a
1-0 defeat to Mallorca back in October – and they
are still in contention for the Copa del Rey and the Champions League, where they face Manchester City later this month. Lacklustre start aside, Jovic feels that he has what it
takes to turn things around at the Santiago
Bernabeu. "In my country [Serbia], I still feel that there is a negative undercurrent when talking
about my game at Real Madrid," he said. "But I am convinced that I will do well and that I
will show that I am at Real Madrid because I have
the quality [to be here]." Zidane, meanwhile, has also backed Jovic to make a success of his time with Los Blancos . "He is the future," his manager said last month. "He
has to be calm. He is learning. "He's a boy who wants to learn a lot. He's very
good. He'll get a lot of goals. We've backed him and
you have to be calm with him."

(1) (Reply)

Daniel Akpeyi Set To Lose Starting Berth As Goalkeeper Khune Returns From Injury / Man U V Club Brugge Ole Rejected By Philip Clement, Club Brugge Manager / Boost Your Potential Winnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.