Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash (2731 Views)

Top 3 Smartphone Brands Making Waves In 2019 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Unboxing - Other Smartphone Brands Better Sit Up / Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by GraGra247(m): 7:10am On Feb 04, 2020
Front cameras need front flash to function best especially in enclosures and low light situations. At least in my own experience.

Front flash is also best when it can be manually switched on before taking a selfie. That way you can conveniently "pre-view" the kind of selfie you'd be getting before you snap.

This allows you to change posture or make adjustments to get the best type of selfie you're seeking at that moment.

Any Front flash that won't allow you to switch it on to "pre-view" what you're getting is not ideal.

Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by GraGra247(m): 7:12am On Feb 04, 2020
Even though I fault Tecno phones in some other key areas, I can affirm that they been one smartphone brand that has been most consistent with even double front led flash in some cases.

Also they always include separate or dedicated memory card space where other brands disregard it.
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by rottennaija(m): 7:29am On Feb 04, 2020
Since they are brands, they feel they are on top of the world and can get away with anything.
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by Nbote(m): 7:43am On Feb 04, 2020
Tecno Marketer spotted... Thank U

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by GraGra247(m): 9:13am On Feb 04, 2020
Nbote:
Tecno Marketer spotted... Thank U

I knew silly trolls like you were coming.

Check all my topics to see if I've ever mentioned anything Tecno before.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by sunshineV(f): 9:24am On Feb 04, 2020
GraGra247:
Even though I fault Tecno phones in some other key areas, I can affirm that they been one smartphone brand that has been most consistent with even double front led flash in some cases.

Also they always include separate or dedicated memory card space where other brands disregard it.

Tecno isnt doing u any good buy putting front flash as it is dangerous to your eyes and expose them to some dangerous things thats why top brands like iphone, samsung, huawei, xaiomi, oppo, nokia and the rest of the bug boys dont put front flash as its disadvantage outweighed its advantage

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by royallord1(m): 9:47am On Feb 04, 2020
sunshineV:

Tecno isnt doing u any good buy putting front flash as it is dangerous to your eyes and expose them to some dangerous things thats why top brands like iphone, samsung, huawei, xaiomi, oppo, nokia and the rest of the bug boys dont put front flash as its disadvantage outweighed its advantage

Wow... A load of gibberish

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by sunshineV(f): 9:50am On Feb 04, 2020
royallord1:

Im not 100% but if u pull some research u will see im close. Thank u

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by PapaNnamdi: 10:33am On Feb 04, 2020
royallord1:

he is right, top brands no longer add front flash on recently made phones,

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by GraGra247(m): 11:01am On Feb 04, 2020
sunshineV:

Utter Nonsense!! Complete gibberish without any atom of logic.

You want to convince us that the 3 minutes you have to use a tiny led bulb on your phone to take a selfie destoys the eye.

Yet you expose your eyes to a flood of lights and high definition colours and resolutions from viewing your smartphone all day and its okay.

You watch large screen televisions with super bright displays that can blind the eye and yet nobody is blind.

Do I mention the light bulb in your entire house and in your room and vehicles lights when you drive at night. Did they blind you?

Take that level of ignorance elsewhere please.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by Jung(m): 11:16am On Feb 04, 2020
Front flash phones are for people without taste. Get a phone with good low light camera and software.

Tecno warriors pity me.
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by sunshineV(f): 11:17am On Feb 04, 2020
GraGra247:

You want to convince us that the 3 minutes you have to use a tiny led bulb on your phone to take a selfie destoys the eye.

Yet you expose your eyes to a flood of lights and high definition colours and resolutions from viewing your smartphone all day and its okay.

You watch large screen televisions with super bright displays that can blind the eye and yet nobody is blind.

Do I mention the light bulb in your entire house and in your room and vehicles lights when you drive at night. Did they blind you?

So why do u think big smartphones manufacturers remove it?
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by GraGra247(m): 11:39am On Feb 04, 2020
sunshineV:

So why do u think big smartphones manufacturers remove it?

That's the purpose of this topic. They simply disregard its relevance while trying to conserve screen space.

Same way they want to do away with separate SD card slot without realizing the relevance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by sunshineV(f): 11:46am On Feb 04, 2020
GraGra247:

That's the purpose of this topic. They simply disregard its relevance while trying to conserve screen space.

Same way they want to do away with separate SD card slot without realizing the relevance.

Huawei y9 is a notch phone with plenty of room for front flash but they went with in screen light. just google disadavantage of front flash. No further discussion

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by GraGra247(m): 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2020
sunshineV:

Huawei y9 is a notch phone with plenty of room for front flash but they went with in screen light. just google disadavantage of front flash. No further discussion

This is the Google result:

https://www.google.com.ng/search?client=ucweb-lite-b-bookmark&sxsrf=ACYBGNSMEMfuT8gJBOn6FbEBJf_b2XHgLw%3A1580816384946&source=hp&ei=AFg5XrvTN4TAa_i-uaAI&q=disadvantages+of+front+led+flash+smartphone&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.1.35i362i39l8.0.0..3278...1.0..0.0.0.......0...........8.XDzjKWDnpmQ

There's hardly any reference to the very ridiculous myopic claims you make on this subject matter.

Huawei Y9 has pop up selfie without led flash is the reason why there's a topic and thread of this kind:- to remind smartphone brands of the necessity.

Smartphone brands work with customer feedback.
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by royallord1(m): 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2020
sunshineV:

Im not 100% but if u pull some research u will see im close. Thank u

Research says owning a cellphone has disastrous effect on humans.. some claim it emits a bit of radiation that over time leads to cancer....
If the host(cellphones) kills.. just by being on you, how bad is it gonna be for front flash that comes on ONLY when you startup the camera application.. note, you also have the option to switch of the front flash

See believe the front flash scam at your own peril...

For me... The front flash is not as bright as the light in a room or sitting room .. we basically don't do selfie after every call or text we get on the phone... So how disastrous is the effect of an item seldomly used?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by royallord1(m): 4:38pm On Feb 04, 2020
sunshineV:

Actually did a Google search..the first 10 results ( first page) had nothing to support your claims... Didn't bother checking the next page..
Meaning your position is not valid

1 Like

Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by Youngsage: 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2020
GraGra247:

Huawei Y9 has pop up selfie without led flash is the reason why there's a topic and thread of this kind:- to remind smartphone brands of the necessity.

@bolded, Huawei y9 is not a notchless device and does NOT have a pop up front camera.
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by GraGra247(m): 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2020
Youngsage:

@bolded, Huawei y9 is not a notchless device and does NOT have a pop up front camera.

It's actually Huawei Y9 prime.
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by Youngsage: 10:39pm On Feb 04, 2020
GraGra247:

It's actually Huawei Y9 prime.

Which is an entirely different device from the Huawei Y9.
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by Mohbola(f): 8:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
GraGra247:
Front cameras need front flash to function best especially in enclosures and low light situations. At least in my own experience.

Front flash is also best when it can be manually switched on before taking a selfie. That way you can conveniently "pre-view" the kind of selfie you'd be getting before you snap.

This allows you to change posture or make adjustments to get the best type of selfie you're seeking at that moment.

Any Front flash that won't allow you to switch it on to "pre-view" what you're getting is not ideal.

The reason is best known them.... Most of these new phones don't have it
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by GraGra247(m): 9:10pm On Feb 05, 2020
Mohbola:

The reason is best known them.... Most of these new phones don't have it

They're evidently trying to conserve screen space.
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by kissGuys: 9:33pm On Feb 05, 2020
My hauwei y9s with the in screen light shine pass una tecno led flash.. grin

Who still does secondary school student tecno

Biko Good night
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by sunshineV(f): 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2020
kissGuys:
My hauwei y9s with the in screen light shine pass una tecno led flash.. grin

Who still does secondary school student tecno

Biko Good night

Only tecno phone need front flash because d camera wack like die. Even y9 2019 without flash is beta dan phantom 9 camera with flash
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by Corroro: 3:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
sunshineV:

Only tecno phone need front flash because d camera wack like die. Even y9 2019 without flash is beta dan phantom 9 camera with flash
Tecno Camera might seem wack to you only when you're not sure of what kind of phone to use.
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by Corroro: 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
Front LED flash can be substituted with a better and clear screen LED for qualitative and high defining Snap shots.
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by sunshineV(f): 4:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
Corroro:
Tecno Camera might seem wack to you only when you're not sure of what kind of phone to use.

U sef read what u wrote again slowly.

Does it make any sense to u

1 Like

Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by bravesoul247(m): 4:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
sunshineV:

but if other brands put front flash, you and your people will be the first to call out Tecno for not doing same. I see lots of injustice going on and I'm so marveled
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by taiwosamwell(m): 7:39pm On Feb 06, 2020
GraGra247:

With no offense , He is right excluding the part of getting blind but the light effect is more than that of light bulbs , cars , TVs and phone screen
Most top brands now use screen that stop the effect of blue light in the eyes .
And most top brands disregard front flash when their night mode does better than some Tecno flash
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by taiwosamwell(m): 7:43pm On Feb 06, 2020
royallord1:

Research says owning a cellphone has disastrous effect on humans.. some claim it emits a bit of radiation that over time leads to cancer....
If the host(cellphones) kills.. just by being on you, how bad is it gonna be for front flash that comes on ONLY when you startup the camera application.. note, you also have the option to switch of the front flash

See believe the front flash scam at your own peril...

For me... The front flash is not as bright as the light in a room or sitting room .. we basically don't do selfie after every call or text we get on the phone... So how disastrous is the effect of an item seldomly used?
Is the light in my room directly to my face or am I looking at it , The front flash is directly to the face and eyes surely
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by Jung(m): 11:55pm On Feb 06, 2020
So phones like the samsung note 10 and s10 with no front flash are inferior to Tecno, yeah?

Abeg buy a better phone please.
Re: Why Do Smartphone Brands Disregard The All Important Need Of Front LED Flash by Onliie(m): 11:08am On Aug 19, 2020
GraGra247:

This is the Google result:

https://www.google.com.ng/search?client=ucweb-lite-b-bookmark&sxsrf=ACYBGNSMEMfuT8gJBOn6FbEBJf_b2XHgLw%3A1580816384946&source=hp&ei=AFg5XrvTN4TAa_i-uaAI&q=disadvantages+of+front+led+flash+smartphone&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.1.35i362i39l8.0.0..3278...1.0..0.0.0.......0...........8.XDzjKWDnpmQ

There's hardly any reference to the very ridiculous myopic claims you make on this subject matter.

that's y9 prime not y9

(1) (Reply)

Iphone X For Sale (sold) / How To Upgrade Your Blackberry Os And Performance. / How Do I Enable Browser Of Verizon Blackberry To Use On Mtn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.