Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus (59079 Views)

Kazakhstan Has Banned Nigerians Over Rape & Bank Robbery - Dara Ikenna Nzimora / UAE Imposes Visa Ban On Nigerians, Rejects Applications / Saudi Arabia Suspends Entry For Umrah Pilgrimage Over Coronavirus Fear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by BSMS(f): 9:03am On Feb 04, 2020
Chinese government has placed a visa ban on Nigerians..
What do u think

China has placed visa restrictions on Nigerians pending when the Coronavirus ravaging the country was contained.

The Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China to Nigeria, Zhou Pingjian, on Monday said the embassy had stopped the issuance of visas to Nigerians.

The ambassador said China was concerned about the health of other nationals visiting China and has taken the measure to protect them.

“Life comes first. The Chinese Government is committed to safeguarding the lives and health of the Chinese people.

“We will, in a responsible manner, safeguard the life of every foreign national in China and address their legitimate concerns in a timely manner.

“We will continue to strengthen communication and coordination with the international community and work hand in hand for the epidemic prevention and control,” he said.

He also advised other countries to adopt a responsible attitude, work together to combat the virus, and avoid overreaction that might result in more negative spillover effects.

He added that a total of 60 Nigerians were living in Wuhan city where the virus broke out from, adding that no Nigerian in China had been infected.

Zhou said that the authorities were maintaining regular communication with them in case of any need for assistance.

“And 21,558 people were suspected of being infected in the Chinese mainland according to China’s National Health Commission.

“A total number of 361 people have died of the disease while 475 people had been discharged from hospital after recovery."

He said that an increase in the number of deaths was recorded because of the newness of the virus, which had been subjected to research.

He added that scientists were still working hard to come up with the drug for the treatment of the disease.

According to the ambassador, China has built a nationwide prevention and control system with special focus on Wuhan and Hubei.

He said that a 1000-bed makeshift hospital was built in Wuhan within nine days in Wuhan to contain the virus.

Zhou expressed confidence that the country’s economy and trade cooperation with the world would remain strong.

He expressed appreciation to the Nigerian Government for its show of support to the people of China.
http://saharareporters.com/2020/02/04/china-places-visa-ban-nigerians

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 04, 2020
They can take their visa and stuff into a place light does not see in their body.
Everyone just dey ban Nigeria. Baba His how we go take know say you Don ban us from heaven too? I no want come heaven come see say them Don ban us ooo. Make I know now so all the bad things Wey I wan do make I kuku dey do am dey go.

I'll start from that my neighbor Pikin Wey dey like to come charge phone anytime I on Gen

171 Likes 18 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by ThiagoKid(m): 9:07am On Feb 04, 2020
I Thought buhari said he is standing with china nah....

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by bigiyaro(m): 9:12am On Feb 04, 2020
hehehehe! I hope all this visa bans will affect bubu too! waiting for Britain, France, Russia and Saudi...... nahhh Saudi can't loose money from hajj.
but bubu is seriously working o.....to isolate naija.

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Davash222(m): 9:13am On Feb 04, 2020
ThiagoKid:
Which leg e wan take use stand
Those old, dilapidated, chewing stick legs??

230 Likes 8 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by godliman: 9:15am On Feb 04, 2020
It remains EU now buhari welldone

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Sylraph1: 9:24am On Feb 04, 2020
Again!!!!

Please are we moving forward or backward

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Larryfest(m): 9:29am On Feb 04, 2020
This is very good..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Agidimalaja1: 9:29am On Feb 04, 2020
I believe such visa ban is necessary at this critical time due to the outbreak of corona virus. Some Nigerians are stubborn, they won’t mind importing the deadly virus in the name of making money. So , Visa restrictions is a good move by China. Health is wealth!

492 Likes 40 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Agidimalaja1: 9:31am On Feb 04, 2020
Larryfest:
What's the reason for this again
Because of the coronavirus outbreak in China.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2020
Davash222:

Which leg e wan take use stand
Those old, dilapidated, chewing stick legs??
Chai, this guy won't make heaven.

Firstly, it was the US and now China. Very soon it will be Ghana and then Niger Republic. grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Whiteangel1234: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2020
grin chain Buhari don finish us ooh

1 Like

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by helinues: 9:37am On Feb 04, 2020
Something our government should have done first.

So China are banning Nigeria with Coronavirus free from entering their country while China the epicenter of the virus are allowed to enter Nigeria

Nigeria my country

221 Likes 11 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Elslim: 9:37am On Feb 04, 2020
Good one

3 Likes

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Jack500: 9:37am On Feb 04, 2020
See some dumb head above me that their fingers is faster than their brain, the visa ban is because of the coronavirus, or u people want go China now?

They should keep their coronavisa for now.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 04, 2020
good
Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Nbote(m): 9:37am On Feb 04, 2020
Please ban us oooo... Lassa fever is still having a field day here so imagine what will happen wen Toyota virus joins it.. I'm jus waiting for UK to ban us too so dat we would see where Ajala would go for medical

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:37am On Feb 04, 2020
The ambassador said China was concerned about the health of other nationals visiting China and has taken the measure to protect them.

“Life comes first. The Chinese Government is committed to safeguarding the lives and health of the Chinese people.

Good riddance to CoronaVirus.

We came across this thread showing us the kinda food they eat in Wuhan, China,
We shock no be small......
These are just 4 of the over 10 pics we saw.
We hope Nigerians living in that part of the world do not eat this?!
*Pukes*

Queenzzy:
damn *throws up*
So damn!!

He added that a total of 60 Nigerians were living in Wuhan city where the virus broke out from, adding that no Nigerian in China had been infected.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:37am On Feb 04, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
grin chain Buhari don finish us ooh
Who dey hold u make u no carry ur Ghana must go bag go China nah?!

Safe trip in advance o!!

Jack500:
See some dumb head above me that their fingers is faster than their brain, the visa ban is because of the coronavirus, or u people want go China now?

They should keep their coronavisa for now.
You absolutely called them their names.
Apt response!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Slawormir: 9:37am On Feb 04, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad
This virus is gradually turning into something else
You sure say nor be scientist dey create this viruses so
Anyway lets wait for them to bring out the cure.
Na so them go make mistake now go bring a cure that is worse.
That reminds me of the movie " morbius"
Can't wait for that movie to be released July tittled " morbius"
When the virus or disease is better than the cure
Shibaraba:
They can take their visa and stuff into a place light does not see in their body.
Everyone just dey ban Nigeria. Baba His how we go take know say you Don ban us from heaven too? I no want come heaven come see say them Don ban us ooo. Make I know now so all the bad things Wey I wan do make I kuku dey do am dey go.

I'll start from that my neighbor Pikin Wey dey like to come charge phone anytime I on Gen
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Be a real niggarrr and read
Real niggarrrz read

26 Likes

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by OfeAchi: 9:38am On Feb 04, 2020
YES. Welcome development.
Please make the ban a permanent one, so that all those ipobian developers would goan develop their erosion home-lands!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by OakConsultNG: 9:38am On Feb 04, 2020
Interesting times.. You mean the same people the Nigerian government should have placed visa ban on?

Meanwhile, register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by AMvanquish: 9:38am On Feb 04, 2020
Very good move..
Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by SolarKing1: 9:38am On Feb 04, 2020
Exactly! I asked myself too: Who supposed ban who? With their Virus and fake Chinese products that they only know how to produce, they now have effrontery to be ridiculing Nigeria as deserved.
helinues:
Something our government should have done first.
So China are banning Nigeria with Coronavirus free from entering their country while China the epicenter of the virus are allowed to enter Nigeria
Nigeria my country
From day 1, we partnered with German only. Strictly German.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by obailala(m): 9:38am On Feb 04, 2020
Shibaraba:

Larryfest:
What's the reason for this again
ThiagoKid:
bigiyaro:
hehehehe! I hope all this visa bans will affect bubu too! waiting for Britain, France, Russia and Saudi...... nahhh Saudi can't loose money from hajj.
but bubu is seriously working o.....to isolate naija.
godliman:
It remains EU now buhari welldone
Association of lazy Nigerian youths; always rushing to comment before reading.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by TheChameleon: 9:38am On Feb 04, 2020
angry

In your quest to be funny and garner useless likes, you didn't bother to read the article before spouting nonsense.

Shibaraba:

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Nicklaus619(m): 9:39am On Feb 04, 2020
Right step in right direction
That's called being proactive cool

1 Like

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Ogilinsaka: 9:39am On Feb 04, 2020
Quaaaattttt!!!!!!!
Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by lovemoi2(f): 9:39am On Feb 04, 2020
Good for the sake of Nigerians. Hopefully the virus never spread to Africa in general

4 Likes

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Chevronstaff: 9:39am On Feb 04, 2020
Dear Nairaland Moderators,

I employ you to always work on your captions. They're somewhat misleading. Those that didn't read the article will react base on the headline.
China has stopped the issuance of visa to everyone in the world seeking to come into China until the Coronavirus is contained, not just Nigeria.

I repeat work on your captions..They're sometimes misleading...!!!!

83 Likes 10 Shares

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by Kendumazy(m): 9:40am On Feb 04, 2020
"Life comes first " not "money comes first" Nice one from China!

4 Likes

Re: China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus by izospindle(m): 9:40am On Feb 04, 2020
No body is leaving angry... We die here grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her / Slay Queen Embarrassed By Bolt Driver For Not Paying, Boyfriend Couldn't Show Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.