Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats (27211 Views)

I Was Pregnant 3 Times For Apostle Suleman - Halima Abubakar / I Can Buy Your Bar 10 Times - Davido At A Ghanaian Bar / #bbnaija: Kim Oprah Ditched Frodd, Now With Mike As He Won Challenge (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by mantosa(m): 11:22am On Feb 05, 2020
Davido, one of Nigeria’s icons and torchbearers of Afrobeats has flourished on other genres and has done exceedingly great on records that were neither Afropop nor Afrobeats. You will wonder if Davido will kill a song not arranged by Fresh VDM, Speroachbeatz, Kiddominant or Shizzi. You will also wonder if usual songwriter, Peruzzi or Yonda will come to his rescue. Surprisingly, he has featured on songs that are not of his genre. Let us take you across his catalogue.

Bahd Baddo Baddest – Falz featuring DAVIDO and Olamide

On a heavy and clashing hip hop production, the trio exchange lines worthy of admiration as Davido subtly digs into his affluence and lifestyle. Consequently, it turned out to be the song that aroused reaction from Dele Momodu, the Uncle to his baby Mama. Pop culture will always remember the lines: ‘Mr. Dele na my boy, Dele na my boy.’

Coolest kid in Africa – Davido featuring Nasty C

As part of the South African rapper’s artist development project, the duo combined agonizingly on the rap song as Nasty C flourished effortlessly in detriment of Davido. David hated every song Sony Music made him do. After that, it has been hit after hit in favor of the DMW front man.

Fans mi – featuring Meek Mill

Bloggers said Davido had a saucer of cocaine in his video and that the white powder was not yam flour but drugs. Davido should not have done the song but then, going international is one hell of an industry move labels place on their artists. Meek Mill laid his raw verse on the impressive production and David utilized his croaky vocals to win hearts of his growing American fan base as the song did more number than the rest of his international collaborations.

Source: https://tushmagazine.com.ng/3-times-davido-ditched-afropop-and-afrobeats/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by BabyApple(m): 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2020
Please i am one of the tricycle rider that work from Oyingbo to Yaba.. Since we have banned i have not been able to get something to do .. keke is just there doing nothing.. please i need a job ooo.. I can wash clothes , cars. I need a job to do for God sake.. I have been sitting down idle for days. i follow trekked from Sabo to Alausa Ikeja On Monday.. Not Knowing that Ikeja Keke Rider has engaged the police earlier that day.. on getting to ikeja we were hint that we should not go near Government House If we not wan end up in jail.. Na Leg walk i take leg am reach Anthony before i later see Bus to Yaba .. Please I need a Job... Any Job as long as it is not illegal.. My keke is just 5 months Old.. If you have Mini Bus , I can Drive it for you..

72 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by FuckDaMods: 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2020
Op you don chop today? undecided
Okada and keke are being banned,
Stones full the sac of rice i bought for 25k,
And it's davido wack songs you want us to be worrying about undecided

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Phythondancer(f): 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
This guy undecided
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by SalomonKane: 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
So? Whatever pays the bill, as long as it's legitimate. grin
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by wealth9988: 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
he is trying sha.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by SincereBigot: 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
God thank you for making me see this post today as it has greatly improved my IQ, thank you father for creating davido and nairaland, may your name be exalted amen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Damntruth(m): 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
how is this news biko undecided

2 Likes

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by MaestroID(m): 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
DMW
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by KingSatan: 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
angry
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Smartjeezy(m): 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
O.B.O BADDEST! Odikwa okay...
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Discombulator: 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
And this made front-page,gonna take this site from this guy very soon,he's starting to VEX me.

1 Like

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by oebakare: 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
We done hear
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by zeelux97(m): 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
Regardless he's a very respectable artist, wizzy all the way though.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by tnw455: 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
SincereBigot:
Nice
Gongo Aso! wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
I honestly don't understand anything here

1 Like

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Mistaicey2288: 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hmmm.. Anyhow the music come, if you call Davido to come feature for there, e go still chook mouth and he go kill am completely regardless what genre it is... A true definition of grace!. When you're good you're good abeg!..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Dupepython: 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
How is this news?
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
That means if you start to list wizkid own na two pages you go use

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
[/quote]

Anything for me?
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by cruzydal(m): 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Team frog voice
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by YungMike(m): 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Lol. It's no longer Peruzzi and Chioma again.

What do we call this please? angry

When you do.... they'll talk!!
When you don't do..... they'll dig up your past and still talk!

Just Do it!!!!!

Are you planning to Leave Nigeria or You're currently residing outside NIGERIA and you want to be calling your friends and family in Nigeria for as low as 10kb/s ? + No roaming charges.

Check my signature for contact.

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by cruzydal(m): 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Davido Juice nkor ?
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Young6x1: 1:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
Who's Nigerian Music GOAT

Like for Wizkid
Share for Davido

15 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Dobson43: 1:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
grin
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
SincereBigot:
God thank you for making me see this post today as it has greatly improved my IQ, thank you father for creating davido and nairaland, may your name be exalted amen

grin
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by encryptjay(m): 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
Lmao! OP say na croaky vocals grin Werey
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Atandaowon(m): 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2020
Contact me
Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Xclusiveme: 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2020
Young6x1:
Who's Nigerian Music GOAT

Like for Wizkid
Share for Davido

Yeye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats by Atandaowon(m): 2:10pm On Feb 05, 2020
BabyApple:
Please i am one of the tricycle rider that work from Oyingbo to Yaba.. Since we have banned i have not been able to get something to do .. keke is just there doing nothing.. please i need a job ooo.. I can wash clothes , cars. I need a job to do for God sake.. I have been sitting down idle for days. i follow trekked from Sabo to Alausa Ikeja On Monday.. Not Knowing that Ikeja Keke Rider has engaged the police earlier that day.. on getting to ikeja we were hint that we should not go near Government House If we not wan end up in jail.. Na Leg walk i take leg am reach Anthony before i later see Bus to Yaba .. Please I need a Job... Any Job as long as it is not illegal.. My keke is just 5 months Old.. If you have Mini Bus , I can Drive it for you..
Send me your contact. I have a mini bus for a potential driver

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Denrele Edun Is 'Jack Sparrow' In New Photos As He Celebrates 37th Birthday / Yvonne Nelson Apologizes To The Mr Nelson She Thought Was Her Estranged Father / Stereoman Ekwe Shares Adorable Photos Of His Cute Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.