Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,296 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Your Advise Please: My U.S Cousin Wants Me To Come Stay In The U.S But.......... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your Advise Please: My U.S Cousin Wants Me To Come Stay In The U.S But.......... (701 Views)

Zambian Girl Wants Me To Come Over For School / My Cousin Came Back From North Cyprus After 5years With Nothing / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Advise Please: My U.S Cousin Wants Me To Come Stay In The U.S But.......... by Peritome: 12:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
Good day Nairalanders, thanks for checking in. I sincerely appreciate your time. I need your help.

My cousin is a U.S citizen & as well a businessman, he wants me to come over with my family to live & work with him. He had done some findings from the consular there & they told him of the necessary documents to come with before Trump came up with this ban thing.

I was thinking;

Should he FILE for me since we both bear same surname?

OR

Prepare a working visa using his business name since he own a small factory.

Or what do you think should be the best way to go about this?

Please I need your contributions that can make this travel plan best work out without denial. I really need this travel.

Thanks for your response.
Re: Your Advise Please: My U.S Cousin Wants Me To Come Stay In The U.S But.......... by nzeobi(m): 12:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
It's either you are not serious about fleeing Nigeria or that village people are doing overnight on the matter.

Please act fast.

4 Likes

Re: Your Advise Please: My U.S Cousin Wants Me To Come Stay In The U.S But.......... by good4all40: 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2020
I don't think there is a category for this type of visa last time l checked, he can only file for you if he is your brother and it takes nothing less than 10 years before approval. And now that Oga Trump has banned every immigrant visas for Nigeria which this falls into, then it impossible until the ban is lifted.

alternatively, why don't you give a non immigrant route a trial though the probability of refusal is very high now than ever but no harm in trying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Advise Please: My U.S Cousin Wants Me To Come Stay In The U.S But.......... by Peritome: 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
nzeobi:
It's either you are not serious about fleeing Nigeria or that village people are doing overnight on the matter.

Please act fast.

If I'm not serious, wouldn't have been here seeking for better & smarter idea to make it work faster without challenges. I know there are good heads here that can help. I trust Naira landers.
Re: Your Advise Please: My U.S Cousin Wants Me To Come Stay In The U.S But.......... by Peritome: 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
good4all40:
I don't think there is a category for this type of visa last time l checked, he can only file for you if he is your brother and it takes nothing less than 10 years before approval. And now that Oga Trump has banned every immigrant visas for Nigeria which this falls into, then it impossible until the ban is lifted.

alternatively, why don't you give a non immigrant route a trial though the probability of refusal is very high now than ever but no harm in trying.

Hmmmmm.. I fear that non immigrant visa now since after my wife was denied twice.
Re: Your Advise Please: My U.S Cousin Wants Me To Come Stay In The U.S But.......... by Originalsly: 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
Peritome:

He had done some findings from the consular there & they told him of the necessary documents to come with before Trump came up with this ban thing.

So you think it better for us to advise you how to proceed?.... or to get advice from the consular?
Re: Your Advise Please: My U.S Cousin Wants Me To Come Stay In The U.S But.......... by Peritome: 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2020
Originalsly:

So you think it better for us to advise you how to proceed?.... or to get advice from the consular?

The Consular could do the necessary to be patronized but I'm here to seek for ideas that can make it work without denial. Consular can never tell one how to make it.
Just like the U.S consular will say after a failed interview "Sorry! You're ineligible for a visa. THANK YOU FOR PATRONIZING US"

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Tanker Just Fell Down At Festac Link Bridge, Ignore This Axis / Fehin Lean Travels From Lagos To Osun State On Honda Cbr500r / Tour Of Winery In Naigara Ontario

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.