Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

How To Hit Your Target - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Hit Your Target (430 Views)

Hit Your Head To Change Your Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Hit Your Target by Iwonsabi: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
Apparently, nothing is that easy in life . To achieve success you must work for it. Many times we make plans and hope to work them out, we set goals, dream big and really want to hit our targets all in the pursuit of excellence in life.

I'll clearly state here that dreaming big, setting goals, drawing plans are easy things to do. In short they are done freely but how do you achieve your dreams, plans and hit your target?

You see, talk is cheap, plan is cheaper and dream is the cheapest. It's easier to marry words like; 'I will, I can, I want to" etc...such words are full of promises and procrastination. Any one who truly want to be true and real to him/herself shouldn't be married to such words.

Obviously, we know that, to do something is easy but doing it is the main thing. That is where the real problem set in. The word 'doing' is an action word...Therefore, to hit target you must be ACTION ORIENTED. Remember talk is cheap.

It's easy to set goals but what active effort is always put in place to achieve the goals?

There are different types of action.

1. Unproductive action:- You might be activity oriented, doing so many things and yet not productive. Yes! People see you working, you even get salutations for your activities because it's well pronounced and obvious that you're busy. You see, you're simply busy over nothing when it produces no result. No one really cares about effort most times, everyone is concerned with your end result. And remember you can only lie to people but you can't lie to yourself.

2. Productive Action : This action produces glaring results and it is indeed not an easy thing to achieve. To have a productive action, you must be in tune with these 3 C's. You must be;

• committed

• consistent

• confident

You truly need to be true to yourself in the above 3 C's.

Get 100% committed to your action, be consistent with it, don't do it today and leave it tomorrow. Keep doing the right thing consistently, that's where success is because the right thing you consistently do automatically becomes a whole part of you.

And finally you must be confident about your action. With a strong confidence, no negative thought or opinion from friends or family can stop you, fear can never have a place in you and can never reap you off your desire.

Now go on and hit your target.

Source: https://wetinyouknow.com/how-to-hit-your-target

(1) (Reply)

Chronicles Of Daddy And His Daughters / “my Heart Is Broken” : Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Mourns Late Father / The Greatest Heartbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.