Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street (3447 Views)

Choir Member Kills Her Newborn Baby In Jos (Photo) / Driver Arrested While Urinating In A Bush, Charged To Court For Conspiracy. PICS / Kenyan Stanbic Bank Employee Beaten To Death By Police For Urinating In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by Trivalence: 12:56am On Feb 08, 2020
New Jersey court has sentenced a gangbanger to life imprisonment for killing a Nigerian man who was urinating in his street.

The NJ blood member, Christopher Poole, 26, according to NJ.com report murdered the Nigerian photographer Rasheed “O.J.” Olabode, 27, after catching him relieving himself behind a car in Newark in April 2018.

Surveillance video showed Olabode praying to be spared — but Poole “executed” him anyway, prosecutors said.

“The only mistake that appears the victim made was going to relieve himself in front of the wrong person,” prosecutor Jason Goldberg told Superior Court of Essex County, NJ.com said.

“And that simple, simple act — something that every single person does, every single day — was enough in the eyes of Mr. Poole to execute a man, shoot him in the heart as he prayed and tried talking his way out of it.”

Poole — who has a tattoo on his throat of a hand giving the middle finger — has a lengthy rap sheet starting from when he was just 15, the site says.

Superior Court Judge Ronald Wigler noted his “utter lack of remorse” for the execution in front of two of the victim’s friends.

“This was certainly one of the most — if not the most — senseless murder cases that I have presided over and been involved with,” said Wigler, who has served as a Superior Court judge for a decade, NJ.com said.

Poole was sentenced to life in prison for first-degree murder, the site said. He was also given 10 years for one weapons offense that will run concurrently.

He must serve at least 63 years before he is eligible for parole under the state’s No Early Release Act, according to the report.

Olabode was originally from Nigeria. His family could not afford to make it to New Jersey for the sentencing, the court heard.

http://lanrenews.com/new-jersey-gang-member-kills-nigerian-man-for-urinating-in-his-street/

1 Share

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by hisgrace090: 1:00am On Feb 08, 2020
Another mad fellow.

1 Like

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by Kaycee54321(m): 1:01am On Feb 08, 2020
Olabode was pissing at the back of car tire in USA... You can take a man out of Oshodi but you can't take Oshodi out of the man

Seriously though, black on black crime na another thing for that country... N**gers killing N**gers.

RIP to the dead.

10 Likes

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by Odinvahala: 1:18am On Feb 08, 2020
Bad

1 Like

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by daddytime(m): 2:02am On Feb 08, 2020
I'd rather live and die here in Nigeria with all of her numerous challenges than to go live in the US and get wasted from any angle for no just cause.

7 Likes

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by Kingpee2(m): 2:10am On Feb 08, 2020
Is there any safe haven anywhere ?no ....After running away from Boko haram ,Nepa ,Sars,Fulani herdsmen and even our dearest mosquitoes,the bullet still came through ......

7 Likes

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by okooloyun1(m): 4:11am On Feb 08, 2020
The killer must be high on drugs

7 Likes

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by shagasha: 4:45am On Feb 08, 2020
Na wah o
Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by richesbhc(m): 4:47am On Feb 08, 2020
No place like home, you can unirate anywhere in Nigeria except in front of military baracks.

May his soul rest in peace

5 Likes

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by Emilokoiyawon: 4:50am On Feb 08, 2020
Please release the murderer to Nigeria and bring him to oshodi...lets show him real gang life.

1 Like

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by adecz: 5:04am On Feb 08, 2020
A neega executing another
'brother' just for peeing!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by xtivin2: 5:17am On Feb 08, 2020
Kaycee54321:
Olabode was pissing at the back of car tire in USA... You can take a man out of Oshodi but you can't take Oshodi out of the man

Seriously though, black on black crime na another thing for that country... N**gers killing N**gers.

RIP to the dead.

Baba pissing in the street is common too in developed countries

3 Likes

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by CanadaOrBust: 5:19am On Feb 08, 2020
Sad
Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by CanadaOrBust: 5:26am On Feb 08, 2020
xtivin2:

Not true. I hear in US peeing on the street attracts a hefty fine, or even drinking in public

1 Like

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by Xavi2019: 6:46am On Feb 08, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Not true. I hear in US peeing on the street attracts a hefty fine, or even drinking in public
“The only mistake that appears the victim made was going to relieve himself in front of the wrong person,” prosecutor Jason Goldberg told Superior Court of Essex County, NJ.com said.

“And that simple, simple act — something that every single person does, every single day — was enough in the eyes of Mr. Poole to execute a man, shoot him in the heart as he prayed and tried talking his way out of it.”

What does this tell you?

6 Likes

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by otipoju(m): 7:39am On Feb 08, 2020
Typical behaviour of the AKT . Senseless behaviour. I wonder why that guy no run or attack. The last thing you want to be with those guys is to appear weak. It fuels the crase wey dey worry them.

Na so one of them (my neighbour) wey i give ride to on like 3 occassions carry him friend wan com dog me for middle of the night over something i knew nothing about.

Something had happened in the morning. But i was hyper vigilant. I moved my car far away from my parking space. Fixed the door and when they came in the middle of the night, i put off the TV, put off all the light and sat in silence.

As the mofo was banging and shouting at the door,fear sef no gree dem break down the door enter inside darkness.

After like 10 minutes, they got into their car and left. Police came later they caught him after 4 months for violating probation terms. ( na drug dealer).

5 Likes

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by Karemarealty288(m): 8:05am On Feb 08, 2020
No where is safe enough.

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by etibaba(m): 8:13am On Feb 08, 2020
Just because local man was pressed cry cry.

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by Randy100: 8:53am On Feb 08, 2020
When you are destined to die by bullet even if you run go vatican city, the pope will still shoot you. After leaving the insecurity in Nigeria, he still died over small thing like urinating.

3 Likes

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by bigpicture001: 9:16am On Feb 08, 2020
Dats d only reason I hate d US. Guns everywhere even in d hands of sick people
Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:29am On Feb 08, 2020
This post dey smell lies
Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by CanadaOrBust: 12:35pm On Feb 08, 2020
Xavi2019:

What does this tell you?

U r quoting what a lawyer said as fact. Does it seem to u true that “relieve himself in front of the wrong person,” is “something that every single person does, every single day”?!
Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by Xavi2019: 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

U r quoting what a lawyer said as fact. Does it seem to u true that “relieve himself in front of the wrong person,” is “something that every single person does, every single day”?!
Between the lawyer's word and yours, I'd rather take the lawyer's own as fact than yours.
Sorry.

1 Like

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by CanadaOrBust: 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2020
Xavi2019:

Between the lawyer's word and yours, I'd rather take the lawyer's own as fact than yours.
Sorry.

The lawyer will say anything to win the case. Lawyers, of necessity, are liars
Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by Snapchat: 3:12pm On Feb 08, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

The lawyer will say anything to win the case. Lawyers, of necessity, are liars

So easing yourself is enough reason to get you killed? You are too slow.
Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by CanadaOrBust: 4:31pm On Feb 08, 2020
Snapchat:

So easing yourself is enough reason to get you killed? You are too slow.

If u don’t know what is being debated better shut up.
Below is what the debate is about:

xtivin2:

CanadaOrBust:

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by 2shure: 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2020
All those new jersey,cali,tenesse,etc na south side and na mostly thugs,black american gangstars,mobsters,street gang,drug addicts,armed robbers,erc All the evil you can think of. South side. They can kill u over bottle water,cigarette,weed,coke,kilos.Senseless things all cos they are always high on drugs and got a 12 guage shorty,revolver,pistol...etc

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2020
Okk
Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by redsun(m): 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2020
The bad habit of peeing all over the place in Nigeria could come with a hefty in a western ghetto. The nigger could have seen it as a sign of disrespect and an attempt to claim a territory where every inch is vital for drugs dispensation and pimping. It is a hellish world for ''Africans'' all over the world, same bullshit of not realising what is actually important and how to deal with fundamental human problems. without having to be fugitives

1 Like

Re: New Jersey Gang Member Kills Nigerian Man For Urinating In His Street by teemotee: 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2020
Why do i feel if the murderer wouldnt have been sentenced for life if he was a white dude

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 killed in 2 days as Vikings and Black Axee push war to South Africa - VIDEO / Moment Obasanjo Pick A Race To Airport, Set To Fly Out Of The Nigeria. VIDEO / China Exporting Sewer Oil To Nigeria As Vegetable Oil (Disturbing VDO Evidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.