Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Inhuman To Human, Infringement Of Fundamental Human Right. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Inhuman To Human, Infringement Of Fundamental Human Right. (844 Views)

HRFNG: Access To Timely Cancer Care Should Be A Fundamental Human Right. / What Do We Call This? Ignorance Or Inhuman?sniper For Public Food Preservation / Patients’ Bill Of Rights: Making Health A Human Right In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inhuman To Human, Infringement Of Fundamental Human Right. by saintspy: 9:01am On Feb 08, 2020
m sending this message to Nigerians. I was employed by Grace and Mercy Households improvement Initiatives, a micro finance bank having it headquarter in Ibadan, No 15, Shatola Street Ringroad Ibadan. I attended the examination in October few weeks after my NYSC. I passed the exam, interview and the field training. I was posted to Ilorin sawmill Branch. Now, this is what they do. They give out loan to people n they tell us to go and collect it from them. I inherited the portfolio from a lady who resigned because of ill health. This is my 4th month here I can't be proud of 100 naira saving. If the loanees could not pay back the money they lent from the organisation, we will be the one to pay it. My first month I paid over 25000, more in my second month and now my third month. I collected just 43,000 for salary after which they had taken 30% of our salary for 6 month according to them for those on probation ie new staff. I used all this money to pay for debt I'm not owing. Last month I told them I'm not doing the job again but they declined my letter saying I have to notify them for a month before resigning. I wrote another one stating a week, yet they rejected it. I worked for that one week for them to scrutinize my work and also exonerate me. This morning 8th of February, I packed my luggage n I called the BM on phone to come out of her room because we are all sleeping in the office apartment and I told her I'm leaving, she said I can't leave, she called her Boss and her boss told her to lock me in the apartment. She later went ahead to call police to come and arrest me, for what crime? Just because I said I'm not working again and I refuse to give them 1 month notice. I got to the station, I explained the details to the lady officers in charge. They felt pity and they said, its just because they know people up here, that there is no crime for resignation so. They called the Area Manager if I'm owing them, he said "no" of course there is no reason for holding me as hostage let alone police station, they just returned my phone to me when they got the fact yet they are telling me to let their oga comes. Please Nigerians, what is happening here. My other colleague fell down in First Bank Yesterday where we make daily deposit, I ushered him to a seat and made his daily payments for him of over 200,000 naira. The guy too announced his resignation last month but they told him he has to work for another one month so far he his still standing on his feet. The guy had been working for 9 months, the only thing he could be proud of is a itel phone he bought the first month he got here and nothing more. He had been paying with his salary, just like I do. Before the end of the month a credit officer may be having like 50,000 naira yet to be repaid. Just last night I recorded 48,000 naira default which they said I have to pay and look for the people when you recover 10,000 just the second day you will use the same money to pay for another set of defaulters. We find it difficult to eat late into the night. We resume work 7:30 and work till 10 or 11pm sometimes since we sleep in the same office. The police is still holding me now. This is against our Fundamental Human right I suppose.
Re: Inhuman To Human, Infringement Of Fundamental Human Right. by popsy2(m): 9:10am On Feb 08, 2020
chai
Re: Inhuman To Human, Infringement Of Fundamental Human Right. by ORIAYO70(m): 8:46pm On May 15, 2021
saintspy:
m sending this message to Nigerians. I was employed by Grace and Mercy Households improvement Initiatives, a micro finance bank having it headquarter in Ibadan, No 15, Shatola Street Ringroad Ibadan. I attended the examination in October few weeks after my NYSC. I passed the exam, interview and the field training. I was posted to Ilorin sawmill Branch. Now, this is what they do. They give out loan to people n they tell us to go and collect it from them. I inherited the portfolio from a lady who resigned because of ill health. This is my 4th month here I can't be proud of 100 naira saving. If the loanees could not pay back the money they lent from the organisation, we will be the one to pay it. My first month I paid over 25000, more in my second month and now my third month. I collected just 43,000 for salary after which they had taken 30% of our salary for 6 month according to them for those on probation ie new staff. I used all this money to pay for debt I'm not owing. Last month I told them I'm not doing the job again but they declined my letter saying I have to notify them for a month before resigning. I wrote another one stating a week, yet they rejected it. I worked for that one week for them to scrutinize my work and also exonerate me. This morning 8th of February, I packed my luggage n I called the BM on phone to come out of her room because we are all sleeping in the office apartment and I told her I'm leaving, she said I can't leave, she called her Boss and her boss told her to lock me in the apartment. She later went ahead to call police to come and arrest me, for what crime? Just because I said I'm not working again and I refuse to give them 1 month notice. I got to the station, I explained the details to the lady officers in charge. They felt pity and they said, its just because they know people up here, that there is no crime for resignation so. They called the Area Manager if I'm owing them, he said "no" of course there is no reason for holding me as hostage let alone police station, they just returned my phone to me when they got the fact yet they are telling me to let their oga comes. Please Nigerians, what is happening here. My other colleague fell down in First Bank Yesterday where we make daily deposit, I ushered him to a seat and made his daily payments for him of over 200,000 naira. The guy too announced his resignation last month but they told him he has to work for another one month so far he his still standing on his feet. The guy had been working for 9 months, the only thing he could be proud of is a itel phone he bought the first month he got here and nothing more. He had been paying with his salary, just like I do. Before the end of the month a credit officer may be having like 50,000 naira yet to be repaid. Just last night I recorded 48,000 naira default which they said I have to pay and look for the people when you recover 10,000 just the second day you will use the same money to pay for another set of defaulters. We find it difficult to eat late into the night. We resume work 7:30 and work till 10 or 11pm sometimes since we sleep in the same office. The police is still holding me now. This is against our Fundamental Human right I suppose.

Same problem my friend is complaining of here in Lagos

(1) (Reply)

How Come COVID-19 Figures Has Not Skyrocketed After Lockdown Ease? / COVID-19: Abia Overtakes Lagos And FCT, As Nigeria Records 260 New Cases / Gorontula Honey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.