Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,438 members, 7,853,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:25 AM

I Want Out Of My O2 Contract (uk) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Want Out Of My O2 Contract (uk) (925 Views)

Help Me Unlock My O2 Network Carrier Iphone 4 / Pls I Need A Battery For My O2 Phone / My O2 X-orbit Fone Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want Out Of My O2 Contract (uk) by Freesia(f): 6:21pm On Dec 13, 2010
What would be the best possible way of terminating my 24 month contract with o2 after the cooling period is over?
I got the 9300 Blackberry Curve 500 on a tariff of  500 Minutes,Unlimited UK only texts,500MB all for £25 a month.

I'm being charged extra for texting outside the UK although I mentioned that I do text out of the UK at the point of sale.
I know it's partly my fault for not reading the small print carefully but now I'm stuck with a contract I'm not fully benefitting from.

would it be possible for an individual to buy me out of my contract??. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Re: I Want Out Of My O2 Contract (uk) by denzel2009: 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2010
Have you called o2 to work things out? How long have you gone in the 24months?
Re: I Want Out Of My O2 Contract (uk) by thweraja10: 6:32pm On Dec 13, 2010
Call their customer care line cos you cant get answer  here
Re: I Want Out Of My O2 Contract (uk) by Moyola(f): 6:39pm On Dec 13, 2010
Yeah give them a call. . . it could b downgraded.
Re: I Want Out Of My O2 Contract (uk) by Freesia(f): 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2010
Thanks for getting back to me guys.I got the phone through Phones 4 U and it has been an absolute nightmare.

Phones 4 U have told me to deal with o2 as the matter is now out of  their hands. But wait!!  They are only willing to buy me out of the contract if I get another contract with them but they don't do any tariffs where you can text out of the UK.They are not making an ounce of sense at all

I called o2 and they told me I didn't get the phone with them and they're unable to do anything to help unless I pay over £600 .I suggested Bolt ons and they said they don't do Bolt ons for texts abroad
There has to be some way out surely ??
Re: I Want Out Of My O2 Contract (uk) by Freesia(f): 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2010
thweraja10:

Call their customer care line cos you cant get answer  here

Thought I would try smiley
Re: I Want Out Of My O2 Contract (uk) by denzel2009: 10:03pm On Dec 13, 2010
Freesia:

Thanks for getting back to me guys.I got the phone through Phones 4 U and it has been an absolute nightmare.

Phones 4 U have told me to deal with o2 as the matter is now out of  their hands. But wait!!  They are only willing to buy me out of the contract if I get another contract with them but they don't do any tariffs where you can text out of the UK.They are not making an ounce of sense at all

I called o2 and they told me I didn't get the phone with them and they're unable to do anything to help unless I pay over £600 .I suggested Bolt ons and they said they don't do Bolt ons for texts abroad
There has to be some way out surely ??

I dont think you can get overseas text from any provider. There are some websites where you can send texts though. If your plan includes unlimited internet,you can send texts from there from your phone.

However,I think you are stuck with o2 for the next 24months as you are not allowed to downgrade until they get all their dough from you cos they gave you a phone.
Re: I Want Out Of My O2 Contract (uk) by Lexusgs430: 4:24am On Dec 14, 2010
Hi, you have three options available to you. Finding someone to transfer the contract to, and changing all details through the proper channels, ignoring all, till line gets disconnected, and they will try to get balance of you, for breach of contract and lastly, bitting the bullet, continue with contract, see contract through, and use this as an experience !

(1) (Reply)

Provide Unblocking Code Phone (sharp) / Please Help Me Am Fed Up !!! / q

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.