Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) (37536 Views)

Multiple Taxation, Port Gridlocks, Over-Regulation Hurting Manufacturing - CEOs / Coronavirus Fears Cost The World’s 5 Richest People $36bn This Week / China Coronavirus: Apple Temporarily Closes All 42 Stores In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by einsteine(m): 2:05pm On Feb 11, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

So why did China quickly ban iPhone when US banned Huwei? Just asking

That ban was related to Qualcomm's patent dispute with Apple. It was not related to Huawei's ban in the US.

That said, revenues from the sale of iphones go to Apple, an American company. That they are made or assembled in China does not mean they are no longer an American company.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Xclusiveme: 2:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
Pls what's the cause of the viris
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
Charleys:
Corona Virus is a blessing in disguise
How
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by CanadaOrBust: 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2020
einsteine:

That ban was related to Qualcomm's patent dispute with Apple. It was not related to Huawei's ban in the US.

That said, revenues from the sale of iphones go to Apple, an American company. That they are made or assembled in China does not mean they are no longer an American company.

All I know is that as soon as US blacklisted Huawei Chinese started destroying there Iphones and calling for a ban of Apple.

Also u people always trying to compare, Huawei’s CEO himself says there is no comparison, that Apple is his teacher:

Business Insider
Mary Hanbury May 28, 2019, 5:19 AM
Apple has found an unlikely friend in Huawei's CEO, Ren Zhengfei...

Over the past month, analysts have speculated as to whether the US ban on Huawei products could backfire on Apple. Specifically, China could put a ban on selling US products such as the iPhone. Some Chinese citizens on social media are already calling for a boycott of the company.

But Ren doesn't condone this. "Apple is the world's leading company," he said. "If there was no Apple, there would be no mobile internet. If there was no Apple to help show us the world, we would not see the beauty of this world."
He described Apple as his teacher. "As a student, why should I oppose my teacher?" he said. "I would never do that."

Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:26pm On Feb 11, 2020
OnyesomJ:
May CoronaVirus Locates Those Causing Havoc In This Country And Sponsors!!!!

Say Amen if You Agrees
What kind of prayer is that. Those wrecking havoc are they not in your country?
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by chukxie(m): 3:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
Fragility6:

Where in my comment did i say God was punishing den with Corona? We all have problems as humans weda Christians or not. But there ar some problems dat requires divine help from God or Allah or wateva religion but to totally ignore dat religion doesn't exist is something else.

These were your words:

"For a country dat does not regard God. Mk we see who dem wan pray to save dem from diz mess... Even US wit all its gay, lesbian n other irritating laws still regard God na china wan form egbon. Nonsense"

Is it safe to say you didn't know what you were writing ?
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by yawehoverall: 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
Olominira:

You're correct, this is same thing BBC published
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51413870?from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0

Am right all along!!.. God pls save us all.
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Shaprara: 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
Taiwan is not China nor is it a part of China, China had been trying to annex it for decades.
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Fragility6: 4:24pm On Feb 11, 2020
chukxie:

These were your words:

"For a country dat does not regard God. Mk we see who dem wan pray to save dem from diz mess... Even US wit all its gay, lesbian n other irritating laws still regard God na china wan form egbon. Nonsense"

Is it safe to say you didn't know what you were writing ?
And were in this comnent did i say God is punishing dem... Xo if i say you hav a problem oya find who to solve am for you den am automatically saying God is punishing u... If u don't understand a comment jst waka pass bt 4 diz nairaland No. Some of una go wan form learned
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by showafrica(m): 6:18pm On Feb 11, 2020
Agbo fit solve this probelm oo, just that Africa don contribute anything to the world
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Offpoint: 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Churning out products like iphone? Apple owns the iphone and Apple is an American company. iphone is not a chinese product, so they did not churn it out please.
You have no idea how production, because it's American Product doesn't mean all the components are produced in America
Re: Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) by Damsman10(m): 9:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
Abfinest007:
i wish d coronavirus will be as fake as china product

Dont blame them for sending less quality products here. Go there and see just how quality chinese products can be or you ask an aged person how quality their imported goods used to be.

I think the threat of this virus almost matches their advancement in technology and only God can show mercy on us all now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Delists Loan Apps, Vows More Clampdowns / Importing From China / Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.