Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander (2881 Views)

I Can't Send Or Receive Message On My Mtn Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by MadeBoy: 4:33am On Feb 11, 2020
Last year December I was scammed 50$ btc from a Nairalander in business section. I normally sell my btc to luno. But that day was on Sunday luno will not deliver not until moday.

The loan app I took a loan from was due and sending warning messages to pay before the date so as not to dent with my credit report of late payment I sold btc to a Nairalander but he scammed me. Not only that I lost the money the loan still enters a late payment.

I promise myself never to do anything business from Nairaland or online ever again.

But I still went forward to buy powerbank from a Nairalander after I saw many reviews.

Now I need two laptops, and intend buying from a Nairalander again. I do not live in lagos and it will be waybill and the fact i need to send money today is giving me panic.

He registered last year and all his thread is selling relatively everything from cars to laptops.

I don't want to mention is ID here.

There is no review or recommendations by any Nairalander.
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by Promotions: 4:40am On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:
Last year December I was scammed 50$ btc from a Nairalander in business section. I normally sell my btc to luno. But that day was on Sunday luno will not deliver not until money.

The loan app I took a loan from was due and sending warning messages to pay before the date so as not to dent with my credit report of late payment I sold btc to a Nairalander but he scammed me. Not only that I lost the money the loan still enters a late payment.

I promise myself never to do anything business from Nairaland or online ever again.

But I still went forward to buy powerbank from a Nairalander after I saw many reviews.

Now I need two laptops, and intend buying from a Nairalander again. I do not live in lagos and it will be waybill and The fact i'm need to send money today is giving me panic.

He registered last here and all his thread is selling relatively everything from cars to phone.

hmmm..be careful that's all I have to say

1 Like

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by Nobody: 4:40am On Feb 11, 2020
Too many redflags!!! Dont send

4 Likes

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by pfadom: 4:41am On Feb 11, 2020
Now that you nurse the fear of danger regarding this transaction, please back off.

Since he has no reviews, you have no one to blame should the deal enter "voice mail".

1 Like

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by Ologundudu2020: 4:48am On Feb 11, 2020
I sell. And buy from nairalanders almost

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by MadeBoy: 4:58am On Feb 11, 2020
OK thanks.I will request a video call from the motor park office before I send.
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by majamajic(m): 5:02am On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:

Hmmmm
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by 48noble(m): 6:21am On Feb 11, 2020
Ologundudu2020:
I sell. And buy from nairalanders almost every month.. 2 weeks ago I way billed a laptop to someone in Abuja, all the business was done via vedio call.

Let him take it to the person in charge of way bill, do. I vedio call with him, to see if its actually a courier office, then tell the attendant, you are just about to pay, for that package, he or she should confirm it for you. Then after you pay, he confirm and leave. This how I sold the system last 2 week.

Anyway I still have a system available and very clean samsung S8plus for sell too
50k and 90k respectively

Pics
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by ProtectMyMoney: 6:35am On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:
Last year December I was scammed 50$ btc from a Nairalander in e.

Protect your money...thats all i will say. Use Escrow if buying on Nairaland when carrying out a buyer not present transaction.

1 Like

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 11, 2020
You need help but don't want to mention the person's name so that people that have transacted with him can vouch for him. You are not yet serious.

30 Likes

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by Alex80s(m): 6:52am On Feb 11, 2020
Mention the person that scammed you for the interest of all us.

However, if you are afraid of buying here, go and buy where you will see and inspect the products before paying.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by RubiesBanking: 7:26am On Feb 11, 2020
The best dude to work with is just2endowed on powerbank, his very easy going and legit if your in lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by RubiesBanking: 7:27am On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:

Look better say his username on here, most of this peeps are very deceptive.

1 Like

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by FryMosquito: 7:34am On Feb 11, 2020
Where is your location? Beside you have to be careful when dealing with people you don't know.. Or you can use escrow

1 Like

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by YoungPerson(m): 7:46am On Feb 11, 2020
Will you die if you shop from Amazon?

1 Like

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by bmdmixer: 7:52am On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:
Last year December I was scammed 50$ btc from a Nairalander in business section. I normally sell my btc to luno. But that day was on Sunday luno will not deliver not until moday.

Now I need two laptops, and intend buying from a Nairalander again. I do not live in lagos and it will be waybill and the fact i need to send money today is giving me panic.

He registered last year and all his thread is selling relatively everything from cars to laptops.

the person who scammed u u no mention
the person u wan buy from now u no mention

are u a child?

anyway pm let me meet d person for u one n one inspect and make payment u sha go pay me for my waka
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by just2endowed: 8:06am On Feb 11, 2020
RubiesBanking:
The best dude to work with is just2endowed on powerbank, his very easy going and legit if your in lagos.

Thanks bosss wink
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by davillian(m): 8:08am On Feb 11, 2020
When doing such business
Check if you have a friend in lagos
That you would send money to that would also help inspect, pay, and waybill your items to you....
I don't trust anybody when it comes to money.
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by presented007(m): 8:19am On Feb 11, 2020
Bro let's talk on WhatsApp so u can sell ur Btc to me please call or message me on WhatsApp let's do some business
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by dominique(f): 8:25am On Feb 11, 2020
If you can't post his username here then this thread is pointless. If you don't want him to see your mention you can put spaces between the username

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:32am On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:

morning boss i can stand as an intermediary/middle man for you so far he is in Lagos check me up on nairaland and i can also waybill to you when i confirm the authenticity of the gadgets you are interested in and i am satisfied i will give you the go ahead to pay directly to him. You can chat me up when you have gone through my profile. Thanks and God bless. Note my charges aren't jaw breaking.
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by WildChild00(m): 8:47am On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:

I am sorry you where once scammed, one has to be very much careful here in nairaland, when dealing with a faceless individual, one thing you must watch out for before doing any deal with any nairalander, is the number of post the person is having, to do so, click on the person's Monika and you would see the date of registration, if it's a new handle, please don't send money, 99.9% of new handle registered are scammers, they change handle after scamming, coming to do business here, one of them scammed me last Sunday 25k

You have to be very very careful in dealing, another way is to demand for the person's phone number, email address or simply Google his or her Monika to know what would pop-up.

I have actually been scammed twice here in nairaland, the first was like 3 years ago, it's was on the TV/movie section, this dude claim to be selling a DStv free receiver, and he was claiming it would received free station if connected to tv, and the cost was 10, so I asked him where does he stay and he said Abuja, and I was in Lagos, I noticed he stated disturbing, me with pm that the product would soon be out of stock, I asked him how will I get the product after payment, he said waybill via transport company God is good, he sent his Diamond bank account number, that he is on his way to the pack to send it to me, something in me was asking me to tell him to hold the product in his hand and snap it and then send the pictures to me via my WhatsApp, but I did not know what came into me, I just paid the 10k to his account, and I sent him a message, if he actually received the money, and he said yes, that he wants to hand it over to the driver, and that was the end of my 10k till date, he deactivated is nairaland account and changed his phone number.

Second scam case of last Sunday

1 Like

Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by Ologundudu2020: 8:56am On Feb 11, 2020
48noble:

Pics
Check my profile and Mesage me on whatsapp contact is on my profile too
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by GasAndOilTheory(m): 9:23am On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:

hello OP I understand your plight... I can be your middle man
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by GasAndOilTheory(m): 9:26am On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:

hello OP I understand your plight... I can be your middle man.
This means I will receive the goods from him on your behalf and I will receive his payment from you on his behalf.

Then
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by GasAndOilTheory(m): 9:27am On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:

hello OP I understand your plight... I would suggest you don't transfer the money to him directly but through a 3rd party.
I can be your middle man. And will be the one to bare the risk.

This means I will receive the goods from him on your behalf and I will receive his payment from you on his behalf.

Then disburse to each of you when the goods and funds have been confirmed
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 11, 2020
MadeBoy:

i got dell D 630 To sell, i too loyal trust me
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by OnyesomJ(m): 10:16am On Feb 11, 2020
I can help you get the Items I Dey Lagos Coming To Enugu next week

But Commission Dey
Inspect the items before payment
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by Roon9(m): 10:17am On Feb 11, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

Protect your money...thats all i will say. Use Escrow if buying on Nairaland when carrying out a buyer not present transaction.

Pls how does escrow work. I'd love to suggest it to my potential customers
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by MadeBoy: 10:46am On Feb 11, 2020
dominique:
If you can't post his username here then this thread is pointless. If you don't want him to see your mention you can put spaces between the username

@Femile..kan233

There is no two dot at the middle. That's the username.

Funny thing happened today. I told him to power on the laptops and Snap the property.

He said one of the laptop refuse boot all of a sudden. And the other one the spec he give is different from what I saw. I saw 133gb HDD and but he claimes 350gb earlier. Also with the RAM which he claim RAM.

Now he said he made mistakes.

He is selling cheap reason I was considering buying. The stores here are expensive.
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by seanwilliam(m): 10:48am On Feb 11, 2020
YoungPerson:
Will you die if you shop from Amazon?
the problem na how to ship it to naija bros. Can you help me? Also I will be using gift card to buy most stuffs, is it possible?
Re: Should I Send Him The Money? Buying From Nairalander by Roon9(m): 10:49am On Feb 11, 2020
60% of my customers have been from nairaland. Its really tiring trying to convince a person if they have been scammed before

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two neatly used Samsung galaxy(s2) black & white and brand new Bb( bold 5) / Code For Checking Mtn Double Credit Bonus / Buy Your New Samsung Mobile Phones At A Cheaper Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.