Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity (5605 Views)

2019 Fast APN Settings For Glo 3G And 4G Sim / Tecno F2 Lte Features 4g Lte Connectivity With Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition / Experience Fast 4G LTE Connectivity With The Infinix Zero 5/5 Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by obejorsocial(m): 10:07am On Feb 11, 2020
Are you looking to purchase a phone that has high connectivity?

Are you trying to upgrade your phone from 3G to 4G OR 4G LTE?

Here is a simple guide on how to know which connectivity is best for you and your device.

4G connectivity means fourth (4TH) generation connectivity, was released in March 2008 by the International Telecommunications Union Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R). These new standards for 4G connectivity include faster connection speed and mobile hotspots. Most 3G connectivity has been upgraded to 4G speeds and most smartphones are now 4G enabled.

4G unlike 3G, allows users to fully enjoy digital media on their mobile devices, including streaming videos, rich multimedia applications, and high-quality music. You can watch movies in seconds without worrying about long load times and buffering.

4G LTE means 4th Generation Long Term Evolution and is similar to the “S” series of iPhones. It is an improvement over its predecessor but not enough to qualify as a new generation. 4G is like “3G S”. It is a clever workaround that allows cellular networks to advertise 4G speeds, without reaching the maximum standards set by the ITU-R.

4G LTE is better than 3G but it is not 4G. In some instances, your phone may even display 4G LTE-A (Long Term Evolution Advanced), which is even closer to 4G.

The major difference between 4G and 4G LTE is that 4G is faster than 4G LTE. 4G meets its technical standards while 4G LTE is a temporary measure used until 4G is achieved or realized. Can you notice the difference between 4G and 4G LTE? No, you can’t because the download speed is similar.

How to know if your smartphone supports 4G LTE

With 4G mobile networks in mind, it’s easy to know if your smartphone supports the standard. On Android smartphones, go to settings > Network settings > mobile network. It should give you a dropdown menu of mobile standards such as 2G, 3G or LTE (4G). If you don’t see 4G or LTE, then your smartphone doesn’t support the standard. On the iPhone, go to Settings > General > cellular > Enable 4G LTE.

On Windows Phone, go to Settings > Celluar + Sim > Highest connection speed and check if LTE is part of the options.

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by implementing: 1:05pm On Feb 11, 2020
You ended up explaining the diff between 3G and 4G

7 Likes

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by obejorsocial(m): 5:09pm On Feb 11, 2020
Actually I don't think I did. Can you make me understand please?
implementing:
You ended up explaining the diff between 3G and 4G
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by Ernerstdavid55(m): 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
grin Killing urself by ur self grin grin ; I like u op

1 Like

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by saint2ace(m): 7:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
Bros 4G is the same as LTE, depends on usage and nomenclature, it's also dependent on the region.

I might be wrong but that's my understanding, OP pls clarify...

9 Likes

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2020
4G is the same as LTE.. !!!!!!
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by Mozzyb1(m): 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2020
What's the difference between 4glte & 4G+
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by Mozzyb1(m): 10:30pm On Feb 11, 2020
Mozzyb1:

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by dustmalik: 9:33am On Feb 12, 2020
Mozzyb1:
4G is the same as LTE (Long Term Evolution).
The difference between 4G and 4G+ also known as LTE-A or LTE-Advanced is speed. 4G+ or LTE-A simply means combining two LTE bands in order to achieve greater speed.

In Nigeria, only MTN supports true LTE-A, with the combination of LTE band 20(800) and band 7(2600). Mind you, LTE-A is device dependent. Your phone, MiFi or Router must support it in order to take advantage of it on the MTN network.

6 Likes

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by obejorsocial(m): 2:46pm On Feb 12, 2020
4G LTE is like Facebook lite. Facebook lite has the same functions as the main Facebook app but is smaller in size. 4G LTE is faster than 3G and has similar speeds like 4G. You can substitute your phone's connectivity with 4G LTE but it is still not 4G.
saint2ace:
Bros 4G is the same as LTE, depends on usage and nomenclature, it's also dependent on the region. I might be wrong but that's my understanding, OP pls clarify...
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by Kaybaba5(m): 10:14am On Feb 13, 2020
obejorsocial:
4G LTE is like Facebook lite. Facebook lite has the same functions as the main Facebook app but is smaller in size. 4G LTE is faster than 3G and has similar speeds like 4G. You can substitute your phone's connectivity with 4G LTE but it is still not 4G.

U are confusing yourself more

4 Likes

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by Mozzyb1(m): 10:41am On Feb 18, 2020
dustmalik:

The difference between 4G and 4G+ also known as LTE-A or LTE-Advanced is speed. 4G+ or LTE-A simply means combining two LTE bands in order to achieve greater speed.

In Nigeria, only MTN supports true LTE-A, with the combination of LTE band 20(800) and band 7(2600). Mind you, LTE-A is device dependent. Your phone, MiFi or Router must support it in order to take advantage of it on the MTN network.
I av been enjoying mtn 4g+ on my note10 plus since last yr.
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by saint2ace(m): 10:52am On Feb 18, 2020
Mozzyb1:

I av been enjoying mtn 4g+ on my note10 plus since last yr.

Same here i use a Xiaomi Mi9T, what's ur device?
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by philpelwhiz(m): 12:28pm On Feb 18, 2020
Am using this Infinix Smart 3 plus and its showing 4G(recommended) in the network settings buh once I switch on my data it displays H+.. I got a new 4G Sim still same.. Does it means the phone doesn't run 4G?
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by Mozzyb1(m): 3:52pm On Feb 19, 2020
saint2ace:

Same here i use a Xiaomi Mi9T, what's ur device?
Samsung galaxy note 10 plus.
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by arazanbal: 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
philpelwhiz:
Am using this Infinix Smart 3 plus and its showing 4G(recommended) in the network settings buh once I switch on my data it displays H+.. I got a new 4G Sim still same.. Does it means the phone doesn't run 4G?

crap infinix,you have been scam broh
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by Themaths(m): 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
This OP is very funny grin grin
4G, LTE, 4G LTE are all one and the same bros. Only 4G+ is different.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by Themaths(m): 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
dustmalik:

Not only MTN, Glo too.

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by saint2ace(m): 9:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
Themaths:

Not only MTN, Glo too.

My Glo doesn't do 4G+
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by dustmalik: 9:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
Themaths:

Not only MTN, Glo too.
Good to know. That would be combination of LTE band 28(700) and band 3(1800).
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by saint2ace(m): 9:24pm On Feb 19, 2020
dustmalik:

Good to know. That would be combination of LTE band 28(700) and band 3(1800).

Exactly
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by dustmalik: 9:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
saint2ace:

My Glo doesn't do 4G+
Firstly, Glo LTE band 3(1800) has to be available in your location. Secondly, your device must support both GLO LTE band 28 (700) and 3(1800). Thirdly, your device must support carrier aggregation, in other words, LTE-A or LTE-Advanced or 4G+.
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by Themaths(m): 9:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
saint2ace:

My Glo doesn't do 4G+
The other 4G band glo added to their 4G has not been unlocked everywhere...they are rolling it out gently. For now, enjoy 4G sir.
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by saint2ace(m): 9:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
Themaths:

The other 4G band glo added to their 4G has not been unlocked everywhere...they are rolling it out gently. For now, enjoy 4G sir.

I stay close to UNILAG and my area was amongst the first in Lagos to get band 3 after it was launched in Ibadan.

And I can tell u that I have never gotten 4G+, maybe if u tell me Ur location I might stroll down there just to experience it, but I can confidently say it's not available in Glo. tongue tongue
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by Themaths(m): 9:38pm On Feb 19, 2020
When I came to Lagos I got it at Ketu, then in Delta State at Ughelli.

Do you want me to send you my screen video?
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by dustmalik: 9:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
saint2ace:

I stay close to UNILAG and my area was amongst the first in Lagos to get band 3 after it was launched in Ibadan.

And I can tell u that I have never gotten 4G+, maybe if u tell me Ur location I might stroll down there just to experience it, but I can confidently say it's not available in Glo. tongue tongue
If you have met all the conditions I mentioned on my previous post and your device signal type isn't still showing 4G+, that doesn't necessarily mean that carrier aggregation is not happening on your device. It's just that some carriers don't force implement it to show 4G+ on all devices. To be sure, download an app called NetMonster from Playstore, then launch it. Now, check the app to be sure. See below screenshot for reference

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by saint2ace(m): 10:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
dustmalik:

If you have met all the conditions I mentioned on my previous post and your device signal type isn't still showing 4G+, that doesn't necessarily mean that carrier aggregation is not happening on your device. It's just that some carriers don't force implement it to show 4G+ on all devices. To be sure, download an app called NetMonster from Playstore, then launch it. Now, check the app to be sure. See below screenshot for reference

Just downloaded, like I said before it works with MTN but not with Glo.

Find screenshots attached.

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by Themaths(m): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2020
saint2ace:

Just downloaded, like I said before it works with MTN but not with Glo.

Find screenshots attached.
How do you feel right now?? undecided undecided

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by saint2ace(m): 9:45am On Feb 20, 2020
Themaths:

How do you feel right now?? undecided undecided

Nothing outta the ordinary, u win grin

1 Like

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by chubbyman(m): 10:47am On Feb 20, 2020
Mine the signal keeps coming and going on MTN and the logo doesn't change to 4g+ for some reason,I just need to access the LTE-A for a longer period to assess if it's worth it.
Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by Ejadike(m): 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
obejorsocial:
Are you looking to purchase a phone that has high connectivity?

Are you trying to upgrade your phone from 3G to 4G OR 4G LTE?

Here is a simple guide on how to know which connectivity is best for you and your device.

4G connectivity means fourth (4TH) generation connectivity, was released in March 2008 by the International Telecommunications Union Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R). These new standards for 4G connectivity include faster connection speed and mobile hotspots. Most 3G connectivity has been upgraded to 4G speeds and most smartphones are now 4G enabled.

4G unlike 3G, allows users to fully enjoy digital media on their mobile devices, including streaming videos, rich multimedia applications, and high-quality music. You can watch movies in seconds without worrying about long load times and buffering.

4G LTE means 4th Generation Long Term Evolution and is similar to the “S” series of iPhones. It is an improvement over its predecessor but not enough to qualify as a new generation. 4G is like “3G S”. It is a clever workaround that allows cellular networks to advertise 4G speeds, without reaching the maximum standards set by the ITU-R.

4G LTE is better than 3G but it is not 4G. In some instances, your phone may even display 4G LTE-A (Long Term Evolution Advanced), which is even closer to 4G.

The major difference between 4G and 4G LTE is that 4G is faster than 4G LTE. 4G meets its technical standards while 4G LTE is a temporary measure used until 4G is achieved or realized. Can you notice the difference between 4G and 4G LTE? No, you can’t because the download speed is similar.

How to know if your smartphone supports 4G LTE

With 4G mobile networks in mind, it’s easy to know if your smartphone supports the standard. On Android smartphones, go to settings > Network settings > mobile network. It should give you a dropdown menu of mobile standards such as 2G, 3G or LTE (4G). If you don’t see 4G or LTE, then your smartphone doesn’t support the standard. On the iPhone, go to Settings > General > cellular > Enable 4G LTE.

On Windows Phone, go to Settings > Celluar + Sim > Highest connection speed and check if LTE is part of the options.
very lovely piece of info. Thanks op

1 Like

Re: How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity by fredie107(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2020
philpelwhiz:

Are u sure it supports the band of the network you are using? MTN band m7 and 20 is not supported by your phone neither does it support Glo's band 28. But it will support Airtel and 9mobile cos they run on band 3

(1) (Reply)

I'm Obsessed With Iphone 8 Plus...but I Have Just N100k For It / Good Smartphone, 5.5, Around #20,000. / Why I Love The Infinix HOT 3 (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.