Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:41 PM

I Virtually Forgets Everything When I Read - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Virtually Forgets Everything When I Read (521 Views)

Babatunde Babajide: Even While Fasting, I Read A Minimum Of 8 Hours A Day / University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually / Please Help I No Longer Understand Things If I Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Virtually Forgets Everything When I Read by Pericardium2: 7:26pm On Feb 13, 2020
I am a student of one of the Universities in Nigeria. I am currently at 300 level and my CGPA is 3.56.
Lately, after reading I tend to forget virtually all the things I read. Including those ones I know i had studied well while reading.

I have written 6 exams so far with like 4 to go and I am scared. The 6 exams are very poor.

I need help!
Re: I Virtually Forgets Everything When I Read by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2020
What are you thinking about?

1 Like

Re: I Virtually Forgets Everything When I Read by Chidexter(m): 7:51pm On Feb 13, 2020
sherylbakky:
What are you thinking about?

Must be val
Re: I Virtually Forgets Everything When I Read by Kylekent59: 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2020
Pericardium2:
I am a student of one of the Universities in Nigeria. I am currently at 300 level and my CGPA is 3.56.
Lately, after reading I tend to forget virtually all the things I read. Including those ones I know i had studied well while reading.

I have written 6 exams so far with like 4 to go and I am scared. The 6 exams are very poor.

I need help!

If I tell you a story on how two men fought and were taken to the station, you would tell someone else about it exactly the same way I told you.
But when it comes to book, studying, you tend not to grasp or even remember. Why??

Everything should be taken as a mere gossip. The only place this doesn't apply is when it comes to calculation and computational courses; Math, Chemistry,Physic...etc. where you will have to keep practising till you know the techniques.

First and foremost, avoid anything that can bring stress, panic, worry and never dwell in your past.

Secondly, try to study a topic on your own before the lecturer comes to lecture. It will now seems as if you are familiar with the topic which would arise your interest.

Thirdly, attend tutorials, download PDF online, and ask questions. Also make sure you solve some past questions so that during your exams, you know what you are to expect.

Fourthly, Make sure you study for two courses a day, you can rest Sundays. I would advise you study 5:30 - 7:00 am and also in the evening, 10:30 to 12:00, these are perfect time to study. With this, when you hear, next week is exam, you won't be bothered because you are fit and ready.

Lastly, make sure you pray also. Pray makes the soul and spirit peaceful, you will feel God in you and you can't be afraid, depressed or sorrowful.

Always believe in yourself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Virtually Forgets Everything When I Read by Ladylite: 8:00pm On Feb 13, 2020
Pericardium2:

I need help!

Stop cursinnnng yourself. You don't forget lyrics of songs, movies, bad news BUT once it's book. Your brain has off switch. It is not your fault brother, school na scaaam.

You need to change course to a course that your brain finds interesting.

Always say to yourself, I AM a Scholar. I AM INTELLIGENT, I REMEMBER THINGS QUICKLY AND I HAVE A PHOTOGRAPHIC BRAIN.

say this 5 times daily before drinking water and in 60 days, your condition will change.

I believe you remembered what you wrote right?

So next time write what you read and you will remember.

1 Like

Re: I Virtually Forgets Everything When I Read by ITbomb(m): 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2020
If you remember gists, at least we are sure your brain is okay, what you need to do is to train your brain

Try to learn by association.
Associate what you read with real life situation or objects

Learn and relearn
Keep repeating until a mere look at the first word, you remember everything

Bright and silent
That's your reading environment

Learn to solve problems not just for exams

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Virtually Forgets Everything When I Read by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2020
I understand how you feel. Used to be in your shoes. If you really want to improve your retentiveness, you should be ready to read and read over again. Reading once and thinking you're good isn't enough. The brains retain more when it sees the same thing several times because the memory cells are more active.

1 Like

Re: I Virtually Forgets Everything When I Read by vicmed1(m): 11:01pm On Feb 13, 2020
Do you masturbate?�
Re: I Virtually Forgets Everything When I Read by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 14, 2020
Pericardium2:

I need help!

smiley
Whenever you read, try to do Something you won't easily forget; so it's easy to remember what you read if you remember what you were doing at the time you were reading.

It's up to you to discover it..
It works for me, though I don't usually read back then during ''exam'' cheesy .
Re: I Virtually Forgets Everything When I Read by Nobody: 1:16am On Feb 14, 2020
You worry a lot. Ease your mind. Your problem is not a lack of retention. Your mind and thoughts are clouded, so you tend to do things like reading absent minded, subconsciously. Avoid distractions like social media, friends and anything that makes you anxious and stressed.

(1) (Reply)

Babcock University To Commence Its Second-semester Examinations Online / Wrong Grammatical Expression Among Most Nairalanders / Covenant University 2020/2021 Admission List Is Out. (Batch One)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.