Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Sending Money From Benin To Europe- Need Serious Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sending Money From Benin To Europe- Need Serious Help (3722 Views)

Forex Speculators From Benin Republic, Ghana, Others Invade Nigeria For Profits / Sending Money From Nigeria To UK / Sending Money From Dubai To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sending Money From Benin To Europe- Need Serious Help by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2010
I would like to know if somebody has experiences in sending money from Benin to an European country through Western Union or Moneygram?
If yes, do i have problems as nigerian?
Is it safe, does all the money arrive at the recipient or do they take more than the fees?

I hope to get serious replies.
Re: Sending Money From Benin To Europe- Need Serious Help by Pukkah: 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2010
The regulations in Nigeria do not permit sending of money outside the country through money transfer companies. Depending on the purpose of the transfer (medical bills, school fees, profit repatriation, personal upkeep, etc), you should approach your bank branch for assistance.
Re: Sending Money From Benin To Europe- Need Serious Help by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2010
Thanks Pukkah,
perhaps there was a misunderstanding, I don`t want to send it from Nigeria, so not Benin City, I meant Benin as country (so it would be Cotonou)
I know that I`m not allowed to send it from Nigeria, the bank told me that I should go to Benin and send it from there but I want to be sure that it functions and that it is safe.
Re: Sending Money From Benin To Europe- Need Serious Help by Pukkah: 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2010
Raghilda:

Thanks Pukkah,
perhaps there was a misunderstanding, I don`t want to send it from Nigeria, so not Benin City, I meant Benin as country (so it would be Cotonou)
I know that I`m not allowed to send it from Nigeria, the bank told me that I should go to Benin and send it from there but I want to be sure that it functions and that it is safe.

Oh I see, I thought you meant Benin City. I advise that you make some calls or send emails to a few banks in Benin Republic to be very sure before you go over there. You can visit https://wumt.westernunion.com/WUCOMWEB/staticMid.do?method=load&pagename=agentLocator for a list of some banks/financial institutions in Benin Rep. that I got for you.

I wish you well.
Re: Sending Money From Benin To Europe- Need Serious Help by Fogman(m): 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2010
Poster, you wont encounter any problem as a Nigerian while sending money from Benin Rep. I ve sent money to US, Europe countless times, without any issues. You pay the transfer charges, taxes when sending, so the recepient ll collect exact amount you sent to him/her. Also note that they only accept CFA Franc for transaction. So you ll need to convert you currency to CFA Franc.
Re: Sending Money From Benin To Europe- Need Serious Help by abmart: 6:44pm On Dec 29, 2010
You cant send money from Nigeria either through western union or moneygramm, what you can do is to go to Rep Du Benin and send it through western union or moneygramm. You will need to first convert the naira to cefa and send the cefa to europe, they will calculate it for you there at the bank.
Re: Sending Money From Benin To Europe- Need Serious Help by femmy2010(m): 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2010
You can send money to anybody from a Western union or Moneygram outlet in Benin Republic.
All you need is to tender your Valid Id card and your fund is available for pick up within 5 minutes.
Best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

22 Most Expensive Things In The World Money CAN Buy / Contact Details Of The Distributors Of Anambra Rice / Enquiry On Unit Cost Of Producing Recharge Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.