Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C (7962 Views)

LG 1.5hp Dual Inverter AC For Sale / My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling / LG 1.5hp Split AC Brought New For Sake 75k, Negotiable With Pics SOLD SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by icenti: 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
Hello. Please I need reviews. Who has used 1.5 lg gencool AC. How's it like? I'm planning on powering it with generator as shown below 2kva generator. I want to know if there would be any issues using it. Also, I heard it develops fault easily. How true is this. Please those who has used it before or has idea about it kindly post your review

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by icenti: 10:54am On Feb 16, 2020
Timileyin1234:
I don’t think this won’t be faulty in the next 2 months If it carries it
Our 6kva sumec dey make noise anytime we put on 2hp ac

Is your ac Gen cool. Please check Gen cool ac and use that as a yardstick go review
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by kachiz(m): 2:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
Hi,

I have been using the LG Gencool 1.5hp AC since March of last year.
I have made complaints to them about 3 to 4 times since then. It has mostly been servicing and after that, it resumes working fine.

Servicing has also been free since it's still under warranty.

It serves me well with Nepa but drains the life out of my 2.9Kva Elemax Generator when I try using it on the Gen-Mode. So, I no longer use it with Gen till I get one with a higher capacity.

It will serve you with Nepa light and if you must use it with a Generator, you should get one with a high Kva.

Make sure you get it from a registered LG office and also have them send over their technicians to install it for you.

Cheers

5 Likes

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by 1x2x3: 2:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
icenti:
Hello. Please I need reviews. Who has used 1.5 lg gencool AC. How's it like? I'm planning on powering it with generator as shown below 2kva generator. I want to know if there would be any issues using it. Also, I heard it develops fault easily. How true is this. Please those who has used it before or has idea about it kindly post your review

It would work but not for a long time as it would drain life out of your generator. Get a higher KVA. Mine worked for like 3 months then the gen can no longer keep up.

1 Like

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by thecommunist(m): 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2020
i recently purchased a 1.5 hp thermocool QDC genpal and i must say it hasnt dissapointed . i use it every night for 10 hours with my 2.2 generator. i dont know much about the LG gencool tho

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by foodthought: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2020
thecommunist:
i recently purchased a 1.5 hp thermocool QDC genpal and i must say it hasnt dissapointed . i use it every night for 10 hours with my 2.2 generator. i dont know much about the LG gencool tho

How much is it please
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by Limahgirl: 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
[quote author=thecommunist post=88155710]i recently purchased a 1.5 hp thermocool QDC genpal and i must say it hasnt dissapointed . i use it every night for 10 hours with my 2.2 generator. i dont know much about the LG gencool tho[/quotte] Hi, please we just purchased the same air con. Please kindly educate me on how to set it. When there is heat, the temperature goes up and does not cool. Please is there a way one can regulate the temperature using the remote control? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by thecommunist(m): 1:40am On Apr 18, 2020
[quote author=Limahgirl post=88560048][/quote]from the remote set it on the gen mode button to L1. then set the mode to cooling mode and set the fan speed to maximum. it is sure to cool like mad.

1 Like

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by thecommunist(m): 1:42am On Apr 18, 2020
foodthought:

How much is it please
i paid 134k . i initially wanted to buy the 1hp but decided to buy the 1.5 HP because the price difference is not much . the 1 HP sells for 120k
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by KingRex1(m): 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2020
thecommunist:
i paid 134k . i initially wanted to buy the 1hp but decided to buy the 1.5 HP because the price difference is not much . the 1 HP sells for 120k
Bought mine at 138k. But to be fair bro, it doesn't cool so much as expected. It does a pretty good job but not as mad as expected.

1 Like

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by thecommunist(m): 7:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
KingRex1:

Bought mine at 138k. But to be fair bro, it doesn't cool so much as expected. It does a pretty good job but not as mad as expected.
make sure you set the fan speed to maximum and set the mode to cool. And temperature to 16.

1 Like

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by KingRex1(m): 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
thecommunist:
make sure you set the fan speed to maximum and set the mode to cool. And temperature to 16.
Tundra cools better than inverter

1 Like

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by thecommunist(m): 9:34am On Apr 23, 2020
KingRex1:

Tundra cools better than inverter
believe me, i always have to eventually leave the temperature at 25 if im to get any sleep at all because of cold.
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by Tbioty(m): 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
thecommunist:
Goodevening pls i just bought the same Ac on Monday but is not cooling, I don't know if is because of the setting on the remote. Pls how can i set mine to cold as yours.
This my WhatsApp number - 08066034525

Am even using it with a stabiliser.
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by Tbioty(m): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2020
thecommunist:

Hi please how do i set the fan speed?
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by Tbioty(m): 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
thecommunist:

I purchased the same air conditioner but mine is not cooling. It take a more time for the Ac to pick when you turn it on. Even when you set them temperature to 16 degrees Celsius on the Ac it will be showing 33 degrees. You said yours is cooling pls how can i make my mine to be as cool as yours. Am even using it with a stabiliser

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by thecommunist(m): 10:27pm On Apr 28, 2020
this your type is quite different from mine.are you sure it is an inverter AC. in any case, put it on and go outside the outdoor unit and check if the brass hose for the gas is freezing on one side or just having condensate only.
Tbioty:

I purchased the same air conditioner but mine is not cooling. It take a more time for the Ac to pick when you turn it on. Even when you set them temperature to 16 degrees Celsius on the Ac it will be showing 33 degrees. You said yours is cooling pls how can i make my mine to be as cool as yours. Am even using it with a stabiliser
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by thecommunist(m): 10:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
from the remote, press the botton that has the fan logo/drawing , the remote will show the fan with an arrow whose length indicates the speed. keep pressing until the arrow length reaches the full lenght.
Tbioty:

Hi please how do i set the fan speed?
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by Tbioty(m): 12:01am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=thecommunist post=88968125]this your type is quite different from mine.are you sure it is an inverter AC. in any case, put it on and go outside the outdoor unit and check if the brass hose for the gas is freezing on one side or just having condensate only.

Have check the outdoor unit as recommended, the brass hose for the gas is cool on one side.

Please can i see picture of your own, i just hope they have not sold something different for me.

See my remote. Hope is the same as yours.

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by thecommunist(m): 12:31am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=Tbioty post=88970518][/quote]the remote is same as mine. is the brass hose just cool or freezing?
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by Tbioty(m): 12:46am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=thecommunist post=88971120]the remote is same as mine. is the brass hose just cool or freezing?

Is not freezing just normal cool.

Please i have question, in my remote i set the temperature to 16 but is not showing on the indoor unit instead is showing 28 as per attached picture.

My former Ac once you press the temperature on the remote either increasing or decreasing it will definitely show on the Ac.

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by Tbioty(m): 12:49am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=thecommunist post=88971120]the remote is same as mine. is the brass hose just cool or freezing?

Also, do i need to press the gen mode when am not using it on generator. I understand the gen mode has three levels. L1, L3 & L3. I guess the gen mode does implies when using normal power supply. @thecommunist
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by Tbioty(m): 12:52am On Apr 29, 2020
Do I also need to get a bigger stabiliser.. maybe this one currently use is not giving it more power as required

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by thecommunist(m): 12:54am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=Tbioty post=88971378][/quote] it is supposed to go as low as 16.
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by Tbioty(m): 1:03am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=thecommunist post=88971492] it is supposed to go as low as 16.

I have press it. In the remote is on 16. But on the Ac once it show the 16 it will fluctuates back to the temperature on display on the Ac.
Normally it suppose to reflect 16 on the Ac to correspond with the remote. Infact the temperature showing on the Ac was like 33 it decrease by itself to this 28 as per attached picture. While the remote is still showing 16.

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by Tbioty(m): 1:09am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=thecommunist post=88971492] it is supposed to go as low as 16.

Are you using stabiliser on yours?
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by suco01(m): 5:16am On Apr 29, 2020
Tbioty:

How much did u get this your Qasa AVR

2 Likes

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by omoba86(m): 6:20am On Apr 29, 2020
I have had the LG gencool for about 3years now, form my own experience, it worked on my 2.5kVa gen for about a year and for some reasons the gencool feature went faulty...since then, the AC hasn't been the same...overall, i don't recommend the LG gencool AC
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by thecommunist(m): 7:41am On Apr 29, 2020
no[quote author=Tbioty post=88971730][/quote]
Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by Tbioty(m): 8:02am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=suco01 post=88973667]

How much did u get this your Qasa AVR

2 Likes

Re: LG 1.5hp Gen Cool A/C by Tbioty(m): 8:06am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=Tbioty post=88971458]Do I also need to get a bigger stabiliser.. maybe this one currently use is not giving it more power as required

@thecommunist please any idea?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Usdtcoina Acc Needed For Funds Transfer / Cyberpower Inverter / Tiger Generator(Small)- Original-(Fairly Used) I Better Pass My Neighbour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.