Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Internship Opportunities In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Internship Opportunities In Nigeria (1961 Views)

Invitation To Attend Graduate Internship Opportunities Fair / Submit Your CV To Databank For Internship Opportunities 2015 / Volunteer And Internship Opportunities For Graduates, Professionals & Undergrads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internship Opportunities In Nigeria by pojutime(m): 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2006
Hi all,

I am currently a 400L student of Computer Engineering in a Nigerian University and I am to undergo a compulsory 6 month internship soon. I need assitance in obtaining a placement into an applicable in my field- Telecomms/Software/Web Technologies. Please note that I am not interested in Hardware/ISP/VSAT. And I need links to companies who actually allow students do Industrial Training.

Cheers
Re: Internship Opportunities In Nigeria by sbucareer(f): 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2006
May I ask, why not Hardware/ISP/VSAT?
Re: Internship Opportunities In Nigeria by pojutime(m): 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2006
Well...

My interests lie in software engineering and I guess an internship is a lovely opportunity to have a sneak preview at the real world since the university aint nothing but a fantasy land. I know you might argue that I could gain experience in the Hardware/Telecomms sector but Brother, this is Naija. There's very little software development done here and this is restricted to the development firms like ISSL, INFOGRAPHICS, SYSTEMSPECS etc. Most of the other companies just market and support, a prime example is Computer Warehouse (ExpertEdge), they market and support the Finacle Banking Application- they dont know how it was developed. So I kight end up just twaeking/troubleshooting already developed software instead of being exposed to a challenging development enviroment. Like I said earlier on. this is Naija and the opportunities are few.
I also know that INTERSWITCH does some development, at least they recently advertised for VB programmers.

Cheers
Re: Internship Opportunities In Nigeria by pojutime(m): 3:34pm On Mar 31, 2006

(1) (Reply)

How To Receive Emails On Job Vacancies On Nairaland / Visafone Is Recruiting / First Bank Recruiting For Tellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.