Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others (62499 Views)

Baba Ijesha: Lege Miami Blasts Tonto Dikeh For 'Insulting' Yoruba Movie Industry / Uche Maduagwu Blasts Tonto Dikeh For Cursing Her Ex Husband's Mother / Uche Maduagwu Shades Tonto Dikeh For Preaching To Cossy Orjiakor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by Afro3: 9:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
Actress Tonto Dikeh Sued 500million For Defamation As General Image Damages To Ex- Husband

The High Court of the Federal Capital Territory in the Abuja Judicial Division has invited popular Nollywood Celebrity, Actress Tonto Dikeh, to appear in court over a suit filed by Her Ex-Husband, Dr. Olakunle Oladunni Churchill and his organization, Big Church Foundation, a subsidiary of Big Church Groups. The case against Actress Tonto in the high court with Suit No CU/5801/19 issued a 14days notification with strict implications on the Actress's failure to appear before the court, as the court may proceed therein with judgment even in the absence of the Defendant(Tonto Dikeh).

According to the case filed by the 1st and 2nd Claimant(Dr. Churchill and Big Church Foundation respectively), ex husband of the defendant, it maintained claims that the series of malicious and fallacious allegations, assertions and accusations through media campaigns and publications by Tonto Dikeh and her charity organization was defamatory, baseless and sponsored to tarnish and damage the image and political ambition of the claimant, as he might have told her his intentions to run for House of Representative in his constituency.

The suit identified several declarations with substantial proofs ascertaining illegalities in the action and approaches adopted by the Claimant's Ex-Wife. The claims includes the declaration that the Defendant's Interview and/on series of false allegations on domestic violence, infidelity, false allegations of fraud, sexual disease, money ritual, homosexuality/bisexuality, and mockery of the 7000Persons empowerment project by Big Church Foundation, describing the humanitarian intervention as fake.

According to the suit, Tonto Dikeh's interviews were aired, published and sponsored via broadcast channels, online media platforms, YouTube handles, notable print publications and even on her large 4million followers page on Instagram, with a view to impugn the character, standings in life and goodwill of her Ex-husband, Olakunle Churchill. The claim also requires the sum of 500million naira as general damages from Actress Tonto Dikeh(the defendant), for the libelous, slanderous and false allegations published against the Claimants.

In one of her defamatory assertions Tonto noted the Father of her Ex-Husband was a Gardener, but sources have revealed that her claims was just a mere fabrication, as the father of her Ex-Husband was instead a high leveled personality, recognized and engaged with several international leaders, with gainful impacts in areas of humanitarian impacts and diplomatic connections.

The defendant's action in appearance would be to propose and provide reliable evidence to sustain the accusations, insults, defamation, slander and allegations supported, published and promoted on several mass media networks and platforms, including television, YouTube channels, social media handles and the online media channels.

Tonto Dikeh has also been compelled by the suit file against her to publish or cause to be published an apology to her Ex-Husband, and a retraction of the publications on her Instagram pages, YouTube Channel, 3major Nigeria Newspapers and their online sites, as well as a file affidavit of compliance of same within 14days of the delivery of judgment. Also an order of perpetual injunction may also be issued restraining the defendant, privies, agents etc from publishing or cause to be published any further defamatory words against the claimant. She would also have to refrain from any form of blackmail or extortion of her ex-husband in the name of upkeep and education for their son. However, she has continued to refuse the father access to the child, even when the court had earlier granted him access to his son.

The claim also demanded a sum of 10million naira as cost of the action of defendant. Actress Tonto Dikeh may be facing so much challenges especially as a result of her involvement in lots of activities that may be presently hunting her peace and rest of mind. She is yet enmeshed with the legal implications of her actions during the Dubai Concert where she was allegedly found with substance of hard drug and was arrested by the police and now she has to face another high court suit to defend some of her unverified assertions and claims on mass media channels.

http://ytainment.com/actress-tonto-dikeh-sued-500million-naira-for-defamation-to-ex-husband-dr-olakunle-as-general-image-damages/

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by Afro3: 9:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
More

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by Afro3: 9:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
Continue

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by irunoko(m): 9:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Smh

This is exactly what Tonto enjoys.attention

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by abercrombie(m): 9:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
Churchill's abeg leave her she's frustrated

158 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by healthserve(m): 9:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
Now this is always the sad part. When once lovers who couldn't stay long without sniffing the breathe of their partner turns their own worst enemy.

Lord Jesus I donate my heart to you. There it'll never be out of proper order. May I never get to the stage I'll want to destroy another even if the relationship doesn't kwantise. Ko make sense

168 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by Slawormir: 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Too bad
That is a whole lot of damnnnnn cash

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by travelwaka: 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
I wish these two folks could settle this things amicably their marriage looks good at first he looks like the perfect gentleman she became cool headed too.
Then all of a sudden it became so toxic , marriage is not beans it's not easy bringing two adults to stay together.

Most people usually think marriage will solve all their problems of loneliness and sanity but it's not always like that.

Cos with this suit against her even if you get the best lawyers in the world together it will be hard to defend Tonto in the sense that most of the things she said she couldn't back them up with evidence.

I just wish people can take it easy on them. I just pray God will give both of them peace and I hope they both find a place in their heart to forgive each other.

This should be a lesson to all rather than mock them let's just pray for them cos nobody holy pass, no one knows tomorrow and any man that laughs at another man's problem should watch his back

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by RapistOnBail: 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
shocked shocked

Tonto networth way never reach buy 3 bags of Beans.
how she wan take produce 500 mil?

237 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by heckymaicon(m): 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
Churchill should just ignore that bitter woman.

She doesn't worth your stress nigga.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by Exosphere: 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
Irresponsible father

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by ursullalinda(f): 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ha ;Dha :Dha grin.......500mil.....from where?......I don't understand.......is Churchill high or something?

3 Likes

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by kolafolabi(m): 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
Still never done.. Thought I told the duo to move on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by doctore212(m): 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
I need an Olosho urgently. My babe travelled yesterday for official assignment.

Pls I need an Olosho before I go blind

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by ednut1(m): 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
She doesn't have 5m talk less of 500m. E sha nu e

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by omoadeleye(m): 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
Something is wrong with this people

1 Like

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by Renforce: 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
About time

With just 76k You could own our 384wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, Dc fan and 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily

6 Likes

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by christm386: 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
good, after paying she will learn how to shut the Bleep up angry angry, calling my guy a 45 second man grin grin

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by laosy(m): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
Seun will be super happy RN, there will be a lot of trends on Tonto from now till judgement day grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by emmabest2000(m): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
Fake the shit till you make the shit didn't work well with Churchill shocked

The famous G-Boy don go broke grin

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by midolian(m): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
Is this man not wicked?

Where will Tonto get this kinda money? Abeg, have mercy on her for the sake of the child. We all know the woman is frustrated and it is the reason for the display of lunacy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by ideabuilder: 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
Now it's getting interested. Just as I wasthinking Tonto Dikeh and ex husband drama is over. They are warning up for another season film

Pass me the popcorn

27 Likes

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by Tchange1(m): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
This is more like it.

2 Likes

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by qualityovenbake(m): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
Jesu! Water don pass garri.

1 Like

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by shogsman(m): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
irunoko:
Smh

This is exactly what Tonto enjoys.attention
She won't enjoy it so much when the Court orders her to pay him like 50m

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by Uyi168: 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
And Tonto is finally back to front page....
cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by QuickStandard: 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
angry
Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by BizBayo: 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
Really nice
Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by Iceprincehkn(m): 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
I saw this coming

1 Like

Re: Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others by Papanwamaikpe: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
500m? This guy harsh oh

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Uriel Oputa Buys Her First Car, Honda Crosstour (Photo) / Ice Prince Dumped By Maima Nkewa / Tonto Dikeh Shares Photo Of Herself And Her Man In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.