Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Glo Customers Lament Over Multiple SMS Charges And Charge For Non-existent Calls - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Customers Lament Over Multiple SMS Charges And Charge For Non-existent Calls (2490 Views)

One Charge For 3 Days: Itel Releases Itel P40 With 6000mah Battery In Nigeria / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) / Can I Charge My Phones With A Solar Panel A And Charge Controller Only? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Customers Lament Over Multiple SMS Charges And Charge For Non-existent Calls by Apeshy101(m): 1:39am On Feb 16, 2020
There was outrage on various social media platforms over Nigerian Government's decision to tax calls, sms and data subscriptions. However, the story is different for Glo customer.

Barely a month and still struggling to settle down with the tide of the new VAT inclusion, many of the customers of the Nigeria's indigenous telecommunication giant, Globacom Ltd , are lamenting over a new fraudulent charge incurred on the Glo network.

Explaining the situation to News9naija, a Glo user simply identified as Blessing says; "... I really commend Glo for their browsing speed as they are the only network with strong connection in my area..."

"...the only thing I'm not happy about is this new charge they introduced. Anytime I send sms, I got charged #4.10 until my airtime is exhausted"

"The charge won't stop until your airtime finishes. The worst part is that sometimes when you recharge, they will start charging you for calls not made..."

When asked if she has made a report to Glo to ascertain if it was a technical error caused by system glitch, she said, "...no, not at all. I don't even have plans to contact them, why stress myself when I could easily port to another network... I will just settle for their data and use another network for calls and sms..."

Another Glo user, Chike BoBo resident in Enugu who spoke to News9naija confirmed the anormally. In his own case, he made a screen recording of the sms charges in view of contacting Glo support with it.

Though News9naija couldn't independently verify the claims of charges for non-existent calls, we could authoritative report that several of Glo Customers are affected by this system glitch as further findings confirmed the report.

During the verification of the claims raised by users, News9naija's official support line (Glo network) was debited 48 times at 3 charges per intervals bringing the cost of sending one (1) sms to #192 instead of the regular #4.

Efforts made to contact Glo has not been fruitful as mails sent to them by News9naija has not been responded to.

News9naija wish to bring this Fraud/glitch to the notice of Globacom, Nigerian Communication Commission and The Consumer Protection Council.

Attached are three video clips from screen recording made by News9naija during the verification process.

clip 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWGweL0VzWg

Clip 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJUz4wa-w1I

Clipm 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crn1PKJs5Pk

Source: https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2020/02/16/glo-customers-lament-over-multiple-sms-charges-and-charge-for-non-existent-calls/

You Can Retweet On Twitter : https://twitter.com/news9naija/status/1228833823670099970
Re: Glo Customers Lament Over Multiple SMS Charges And Charge For Non-existent Calls by andyanders: 2:33am On Feb 16, 2020
Worst of their charges which I am highly not comfortable with is the cost of sending text msg which one is debited #35 per text. That is way too high. I'm planning to drop their network.
Re: Glo Customers Lament Over Multiple SMS Charges And Charge For Non-existent Calls by Apeshy101(m): 6:17am On Feb 16, 2020
Update:

Glo has responded on Twitter,

Re: Glo Customers Lament Over Multiple SMS Charges And Charge For Non-existent Calls by Apeshy101(m): 6:26am On Feb 16, 2020
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Glo Customers Lament Over Multiple SMS Charges And Charge For Non-existent Calls by Apeshy101(m): 6:27am On Feb 16, 2020
andyanders:
Worst of their charges which I am highly not comfortable with is the cost of sending text msg which one is debited #35 per text. That is way too high. I'm planning to drop their network.

Good morning

How is the charge debited, #35 at once or in tranches?
Re: Glo Customers Lament Over Multiple SMS Charges And Charge For Non-existent Calls by KarlWhyte(m): 9:32am On Feb 16, 2020
SMH, dumped their sim for years now, no regrets!

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi 9t Blank Screen / Two Months Old Mtn 5G Router For Sale / Apple Iphone 6 Release Date And Price Announced! Is The News Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.